What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Nice starts BGS.
Going today to get 10 bags of FFOF so I can get these starts outa 1's and into 5's, put them outside on monday to harden off in spotty sun with mostly shade. I'll slowly start leaving them in the direct sun more and more over the next 2 weeks, then they go in final 45gln growbags.
Hoping for 3lb plants.

~star~crash~

lol...U already crunching #'s

biggrin.gif

my strategy is to over-grow-da-world

they can't get it all

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
LOL! Ya, Im crunching #'s. I figure 3lb plants with 45gln growbags.
Anything bigger and it will draw attention if there sticking up over the fence.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I prepped a Bubba Kush for outdoors a couple days ago. Put her in a 22 gallon tub of soil. Wouldn't normally use a Bubba for outdoors here in these parts but my flower room is turning into a jungle and I need space, so out she goes. Although she started as a Hempy she seems to like being in a big ole' tub of dirt. The trash can tops I scored for free at the dump make great catch basins for run-off.
Gotta admit, Im rather psyched. In 40+ years of growing weed this is the first legal outdoor plant I've grown, ever. I wasnt sure if I'd ever see the day that would happen.
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Hate to crush dreams but 3 from 45s is a big ask

I here ya. I forgot to say that we are digging another 25gln hole for each plant and putting the 45's on top of those with the bottoms cut out for roots to grow deeeeep and wide. So its actually 70glns total...roughly. :)

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Dont be Star. Its a shit-show in Mass and its unknown how the cops are gonna react to peoples outdoor grows. Plus the people here are truly Mass-holes. Unbelievable stiff-necked douchbags that will rip your grow in an instant with no thought of consequences.
Even if we could grow 30 plants legally, its the rippers that you have to be armed to the teeth for, to protect your investment.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Ya. Here the local motto seems to be "if you've got it, I want it". Sad.
Luckily Ive got no close neighbors to worry about but Im still thinking about putting the plants I'll have on my back deck on some castors so I can easily wheel them inside at night.

I used to be able to pull off small guerilla grows around mass but all my outdoor started getting found about 10 years ago so I moved into a fenced in yard which worked until the first year the girls grew substantially higher than the fence then they got snatched too . Been doing mostly autos outside cuz they're short & finished before rippers are out lookin

Green Squall

Dont be Star. Its a shit-show in Mass and its unknown how the cops are gonna react to peoples outdoor grows. Plus the people here are truly Mass-holes. Unbelievable stiff-necked douchbags that will rip your grow in an instant with no thought of consequences.
Even if we could grow 30 plants legally, its the rippers that you have to be armed to the teeth for, to protect your investment.

This is exactly what I'm worried about....The law really makes no sense...We can grow up to 12 plants per household, but can only posses 10 oz of product? lol!

Luckily my yard is private, but I'm still not pushing my luck. I think I will end up with 7 or 8 small plants which I'm growing right next to my vegetables...In the open...

One thing that is encouraging is that I haven't seen sky-rats in a few years. What's it like in everyone else's area?

:tiphat:

~star~crash~

i had one land in my back yard on my former property back in 2008

they are sonically very LOUD in person

thump...thump..thump..thump...thump..thump...

dufous

You are allowed to possess everything you grew in your household, without limit. The 10 ounce limit applies to purchased and gifted product.

This is exactly what I'm worried about....The law really makes no sense...We can grow up to 12 plants per household, but can only posses 10 oz of product?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
There already is! LOL! Everyone and their grandma is trying their hands at growing indoors.
Alot of them are gonna fail hard..... especially at outdoor growing.
I remember the first time I got Spider Mites indoors. PITA!
Then outdoors, HA! I tried for 10 years to get a plant to finish well. Ive had plants with huge buds half way through flower end up smooshed into the ground and branches snapped everywhere cause a nice wind blew while raining all night.
All those mistakes newbie growers will probably make should help those with experience still reap the rewards of their hard work.