What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

DunHav`nFun

There`s a guy in coco section that has pics of his drain setup on the next to last page Aspen....The thread`s 60 nanolux DE 630`s by Eric somethin er nuther…...anyways......He`s got all his drains run to a square bucket with a sump pump inside with float switch pre set I imagine at the lowest level available to start pumpin the minute the bucket starts fillin up after every feed sequence...…

You are talkin bout getting rid of runoff right ?.....I ran industrial float switches fron Grainger in all my ebb and flow bucket flip rooms back in the day as failsafe devices wired back to feed pumps to shut off if flood level was exceeded to prevent flooding the rooms while I was away a week at a time , so they can be used both ways Darlin.........…

They can be set to kick the pump on or off at X level they`re set at.....just like float valves you just drill holes at preset level and thread the lil 0-ring/bulkhead fittings to seal em from leakin and you`re golden......aight.....Hope that helps , or maybe you already know so disregard , regardless.....take care and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …..

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
There`s a guy in coco section that has pics of his drain setup on the next to last page Aspen....The thread`s 60 nanolux DE 630`s by Eric somethin er nuther…...anyways......He`s got all his drains run to a square bucket with a sump pump inside with float switch pre set I imagine at the lowest level available to start pumpin the minute the bucket starts fillin up after every feed sequence...…

You are talkin bout getting rid of runoff right ?.....I ran industrial float switches fron Grainger in all my ebb and flow bucket flip rooms back in the day as failsafe devices wired back to feed pumps to shut off if flood level was exceeded to prevent flooding the rooms while I was away a week at a time , so they can be used both ways Darlin.........…

They can be set to kick the pump on or off at X level they`re set at.....just like float valves you just drill holes at preset level and thread the lil 0-ring/bulkhead fittings to seal em from leakin and you`re golden......aight.....Hope that helps , or maybe you already know so disregard , regardless.....take care and.....

Here is a link to that thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360359

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
So I'm just thinking and need some advise.. My plan The Dan plan is simple.. 4 veg in rooms on a rotation... And a mom and clone room... That means 4x the equipment purchased at once...

My total flower space with no modifications is 10.5 x 22 x 8 it has an 8 light controller already and 15k btu of cooling....

Basicly wouldn't it be wise to use the space and add 6 4x4 trays and Scrogs with led lights and just blow it the fuck out... Pound out 60k then build the DanPlan the way I want them....

About 10k watts HID or 5k LED for your flower space of 231 sq ft. Maybe less considering space to walk between plants. Going with a recommendation of 50 watts per sq ft.

I'm not too familiar with perpetual. 2-3 weeks in each veg room could allow 4 stages of flowering plants in the flower room. One veg room can be the same size as 1/4 of the flower space, 7.5 x 7.5 or 56 sq ft. The next 5.5 x 5.5 or 30 sq ft. Then 4 x 4 or 16 sq ft and 2 x 4 or 8 sq ft. This way each plant can double in size from 50% to 100% canopy density before being moved into the next room. It is a good strategy to allow flowering to start with a full even canopy, without excess space or energy use of waiting to veg plants in a larger room.

Trellis or scrog I'm unsure about before the final veg room. Without individual or modular screens, trellising before plants are transplanted or spaced for flowering sounds challenging.

Aspenou812

Veteran

Thanks Fred... Yeah I want to install a new deep slop sink in the new veg area so I can stop carrying water... 5 gallons is heavy for me but I don't want to make another hole in the wall... But that drain idea idea is brilliant... Thanks I'm gonna steal that...

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Grassroots living soil beds with wheels to move around can work following 1, 2, 5 gallon pots that isn't hydro. Since they're heavy light movers could be used instead of moving the plants but isolating light may take some work. Or you can make tables or raised beds out of wood/plywood lined with thick mil plastic. Maybe better than individual containers. With hydro you can cover the surface of the tables with a film/lid to prevent light on the roots and use 1-2 root mats so each plant has a larger substrate to grow. 1+ fabric grow pots can work as a drain filter or else a prefab or diy french drain in a soil bed for automatic watering. Sometimes soil beds have no drain only careful watering. Recirculating or drain to waste are similar to set up.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I had a auto water system set up with a float. I had a 55 gallon drum feeding it. Set it up and tested it and it worked fine. Ran a actual run with it and every time I came down to look at it the barrel was empty and there was no water on the floor. Pissed me off because it did that 5 times. So I tore it out.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I had a auto water system set up with a float. I had a 55 gallon drum feeding it. Set it up and tested it and it worked fine. Ran a actual run with it and every time I came down to look at it the barrel was empty and there was no water on the floor. Pissed me off because it did that 5 times. So I tore it out.

Did you forget to build in an anti syphon or syphon break of some sort??? My pump and res work like clock work... And I'm building my first big 55 gallon today...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Did you forget to build in an anti syphon or syphon break of some sort??? My pump and res work like clock work... And I'm building my first big 55 gallon today...

I had that. It was the digital timers kept messing up and running for several hours in the middle of the night.

I just could not spare that much water day after day. The RO wouldnt keep up long enough to get the timers right and I got pissed off after going threw three timers. Found out later that the company had defective timers and I bought 5 of them.

Almost lost some plants because of the lack of water.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Its bike week... Ahhh Yeah.... My Triumph Speed Tripple she's looking so Fly... Its a good time if you love bikes