What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Borderliner

Borderliner

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Posted a similar topic in the wrong section so mods can delete that post if desired.

This is my first grow and my first smoke since 1985. Got a pack of these dutch seeds listed as 50/50 sativa indica hybrid from AMS and now know what the term "hybrid vigor" means.

Listed yield 750g/sq meter, 7-9 weeks flower, indoor height 39 inches. Caught a sale for $150 plus shipping for 10 fem seeds.

germinated easily in folded damp napkin the seeds sprouted in 24-48 hours. Grown in home made super soil. Ended with one in a 5 gal pot and 2 others in 7 gal pots.

First time trying to clone some girls without success. This is probably my lack of skill as have never tried before and not reflect on the genetics.

Veged 7 weeks with lst, topped first then tried flimming the results. 8 tube VHO t5s vegging then 1000w HPS flowering. They ate heavily without issue. vegged 24h light first 3 weeks then 18/6 on off. Flowered 12/12 switched to 11.5/12 on off last 3 weeks. Dropped temp at least 20 degrees during lights off the last 4 weeks which helped frost up the buds.

My finish height was 24 inch, 20, and 18 for the three. I only had 30-36 inch of overhead so pinched the main stalks as well to keep the plants shorter and got a dry cure total weight of 16.5 ounces. The largest plant yielded 6.5 oz. They were dense little bushes and this novice grower was shocked to get over a pound out my first run.

3 weeks ago started cutting down at 11 weeks into flower and one went a full 13 weeks and not seen any nanners.

Potency: This is the first I'd smoked since 1985
[/FONT]so[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] flash dried buds gave a good 2 hour buzz but now it don't last so long. Would give it 5 out of 10.

Think this would make a good cash crop but I'm going for meds. Now looking for something with more potency even though AMS listed 25% THC for this one.
[/FONT]

Taste: Agreeable but hard to describe. Smooth after couple weeks cure.

The buzz: Relaxing but nothing special and short duration initially about 2 hours and now down to something over 1 hour.

Email to AMS a question about finishing heights went unanswered. I don't think was a tough question which a grower should have known. The question was at what height a vegged plant should be when I flip the plants to 12/12 to get a finishing height of under 36 inches? Maybe my question got lost but it's one of those things that is a deal breaker, won't buy from them again.

Been looking at dr. greenthumb's bubba og or G13, ACE's golden tiger, maliwi, or Zamaldeli. Like most folks looking for high yield high potency in a plant that grows like superman. Don't mind a sativa just so long as it's not like Bolivia marching power. Let me know what you recommend.

b
[/FONT]

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome first grow, damn a pound of buds!

Sour Bubble gets a lot of love here for potency it is a short plant, yield is ok with long veg.

Dinafem Cheese was a bit of a speedy high with good yield, not too nervous but up. ACE Panama Red is a good sativa high and I kept it to 2x stretch in flower. Am getting Cannabiogen Punto Rojo next.

I like Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi which has a good yield.

Bubba 76 from ETS was a good yielder and good buzz. Many choices today that is for sure.

Borderliner

Awesome first grow, damn a pound of buds!

Sour Bubble gets a lot of love here for potency it is a short plant, yield is ok with long veg.

Dinafem Cheese was a bit of a speedy high with good yield, not too nervous but up. ACE Panama Red is a good sativa high and I kept it to 2x stretch in flower. Am getting Cannabiogen Punto Rojo next.

I like Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi which has a good yield.

Bubba 76 from ETS was a good yielder and good buzz. Many choices today that is for sure.

Yesum thanks for the info appreciate that. Seems one problem is among the many good strains to try there are many more hyped up by breeders so individual feedback on strains may help new growers.

Have read before about sour bubble good to know it's a short plant. Plan to redo my 4x4 ft grow closet to get more height.
b

Borderliner

Forgot to mention feeding was with Fox Farms tri of nutrients alternating with distilled water and molasses. And rice washed water used each time. After the flip laid in some high P bat guano x2 two weeks apart. Probable could have used more as the girls showed no sign of high nutrients.

Also defoliated following the instructions in a thread here. Coupled with 1000w HPS lights and removing popcorn sized buds manually the finished plant had dense good sized buds all the way down.
b

UP_Grower

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but there's not a lot of info on this strain. Only my 2nd grow, 1st time growing Borderliner XTRM from AMS. Using 2 - 6 tube, T5 fixtures with 3500K lamps and AN Sensi Nutes at 3/4 strength every 5-6 days in soil. Very easy to grow. No nutrient excesses or deficiencies. 5 of 5 sprouted within 5 days.

At 6 wks. after flip... 28", 41", 37", 35" & 33" tall. Only pruned lower branches, no topping or fimming. It looks like I've gotten 3 very different Phenos. Leaf shape, height & maturity are all different (but looking great). Haven't contacted AMS as I heard they rarely respond to emails. I dried the 3 week immature popcorn in a dehydrator 4 hrs. Quite the buzz and sooooo smooth. Can't wait for properly harvested/cured bud.

Latest posts

Latest posts