What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy for Mother Plants

Has anyone ever used Hempy to house their mother plants. I tried doing hydro in DWC, drip from top for mothers but found it to be a lot of work with changes, monitoring of nutes, root rot etc. I really don't want to go with dirt (messy, bugs, dirty etc. etc.) What does everyone think of going with Hempy for mother plants. How long do you think you could get away with leaving a mother in the hempy buckets for? I would like to put a couple of my best clones in these and make bonsai mothers into them. Would any other types of hydro be better for housing. I like to keep breeding mothers for at least a year before going with a new clone.

Would like to hear thoughts on this. :blowbubbles:

G

Graham Purwatt

hi,i have had mothers in hempys before,no problems,feed every few days.i keep mine in an e&f now,much less maintenance,just top off the res and take what i need

G

Graham Purwatt

no,i kept them for a few months then swapped them out with fresh clones.no root rot either

CyrilSneer

there is no reason why you couldn't bonsai one in a Hempy, you just got to keep the root ball trimmed once in a while, same as in a small dirt pot

Hempys are great for Mothers

I am a firm believer in the hempy system!
Anything is good in a hempy!

I'm gonna try a new system for my next round of mothers...
Gonna do 80l organic supersoil hempys on a perlite resevoir!

Looking to keep mothers +/- 12-18 mnths before regeneration to try to prohibit hermaphrodites...

Any suggestions?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I run dwc mums for a couple months, without changing the res. Look up Lucas' res management techniques and switch to maxibloom, with a pinch of Maxigrow and .5g/g of epsom salts. R/O water, nuted, pH'd to 5.4 and you'll basically top off daily and add nutes once in a while. Quite easy. ;)

Yep, hempy works too. lol