What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watch the Azamax

jocat

Oregon Dept of Agriculture pulled Azamax from the list of "safe" "organic" pest controls....Farms were failing there pesticide tests and the product says safe up to day of harvest...how F'd up is that adding BS chemmies...
AzaMax Botanical Insecticide, Miticide, and Nematicide by Parry America Inc. removed from ODA's guidelist
The message below is from our partners at the Oregon Department of Agriculture

The Oregon Department of Agriculture has issued a notice of statewide detainment and stop sale and removal order for a pesticide product manufactured by Parry America Inc after finding the presence of two pesticide active ingredients not listed on the product label, EPA Registration No. 71908-1-81268.

The label lists the active ingredient azadirachtin. ODA's investigation of the product and laboratory analysis found the presence of bifenthrin and permethrin, which are not listed on the label.

The order calls for the product manufacturer to immediately cease all sales, offers of sale, or other distribution in Oregon. In addition, ODA is asking growers who may have purchased the product not to use it. Use of AzaMax Botanical could cause cannabis growers to fail pesticide testing requirements.

Avenger

Veteran
attachment.php

https://cals.arizona.edu/crops/cotton/files/Adulterated_azadirachtin_products_vf.pdf

I wonder if all these companies are guilty of adulteration or if there is some other explanation. Maybe these unlisted pesticides are present in the neem oil raw material.

Attachments

• azadirachtin insecticides adulterated.jpg
    azadirachtin insecticides adulterated.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 30

MrBungle

Avenger;8202185 I wonder if all these companies are guilty of adulteration or if there is some other explanation. Maybe these unlisted pesticides are present in the neem oil raw material.[/quote said:
I wonder if the raw neem oil people are finding these pesticides in their end product? I'm sure they are sourcing from similar areas as the Aza people are

I’ve been using food grade sesame oil for years with some Dr. Bonners to emulsify. In the organic circle all the azz products were known to be low level poison and hormone disrupters whether they were tainted or not.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Maybe they weren't adultering it with anything......wonder if those chems are being found because of the flowers they use to make the azadirachtin at tainted with those chems ?

heatherlonglee

Got any links or something showing growers failing test for the same contaminants as in the Azamax and not knowing why?

I just called GH (800-37-HYDRO) and they say the product is fine. They claim to have already had distributer retest and are confident the Azamax isn't tainted/contaminated. They seem to claim that the State of Oregon is playing games?

heatherlonglee

Response from manufacturer of Azatrol from 2017 ban? Small excerpt and web link below.
www.pbigordonturf.com/article.php?ID=40

"It is important to note, pending the results and validity of the lab tests, the levels of the five active ingredients (all insecticides) found by ODA all fall below the EPA PR Notice 96-8 standard for toxicological significance. As such, PBI-Gordon urges the ODA to reexamine how it defines "adulterated" products."

SecondAttempt

What’s the current status

What’s the current status

I see Oregon put Azamax back on the list of approved pesticides.. did they change the formulation or was Oregon wrong in their testing? I have some old product just trying to decide what to do with it.