What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Running 6 to 8 plants need watering help?

I was reading on drop systems, and blumat but im still at a loss... I currently 2x55 gallon drums that i would like to use.. From what i gather, the blumats need gravity and i dont feel like lifting 55gallons of water/nutes lol... im looking for something simple that I can hook up (not really a great do it yourself person but can follow direction well) Trying to see if someone could help me out? i know i'd need my 55gallon drums, then a pump, hoses, and some sort of water irrigation timer. From there im lost lol. First grow ran 4 plants and watered by hand and just WAY too much time wasted.. Also, looking into EASY nute regime to use, fool proof.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rives has a simple blumat set up incorporating a raised smaller reservoir topped up with a float valve/pump from a larger one.

mowood3479

Veteran
1/2” poly run in a rectangle to 2’ x 1/4” poly run to each plant.. 300 gal per hour mag drive pump ($30)
..n 1/2” ball valve for adjusting flow rate

Any digital timer with 1min intervals should be fine..
I use botanicare pbp 5ml veg + 15 ml bloom per gallon thru the whole cycle..
it’s very close to gh 6-9. Easy peasy

Rives has a simple blumat set up incorporating a raised smaller reservoir topped up with a float valve/pump from a larger one.

Ill be in coco and feel like a small reservoir defeats the process in auto feeding? i'd have to refill a smaller one.. im looking for something simple with a pump and hoses on some sort of timer if possible.

I run Blumats on a gravity flow. The res is a tote that sits on top of a plastic drum. I installed them with one tool, a pair of scissors. Blumats kick ass!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill be in coco and feel like a small reservoir defeats the process in auto feeding? i'd have to refill a smaller one.. im looking for something simple with a pump and hoses on some sort of timer if possible.

The smaller reservoir is automatically topped up from a larger one. Can't recall but I think he uses a 5 gallon fed from a 20. You could easily upsize the master reservoir to 55g. The raised 5 gallon is only to supply a consistent head pressure. As water is used, the float valve keeps the slave reservoir at capacity.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Make it worry free

Make it worry free

A little giant pump in the tank, black hole dripper per plant, ball valve to control flow, art dne timer. Blumats will clog, if you chose to run them put three in every container.

Easy full proof nutrients, go with the H3ad formula. Super simple.

I would build the Pico pvc. Easy to setup and install. Can be done in a day and a trip to home depot

jocat

tank & pump

tank & pump

I did coco the 1st time for the fact it could be watered(fed) daily & would tolerate being wet & fed again, that said it can be watered 1 or more times daily depending on other environmental factors pushing growth. If your looking for a simple low cost pump tank set up look at plastic tanks, a 55G drum is common, get a pump that will provide for the number of watering sites your running, i prefer small little giant pumps. check out a manifold called a DIG maverick 12 outlet drip manifold PC 1204, you can run from pump to manifold with tubing, PVC, or? use 1/8" tubing to each plant site, with 12 feed ports you could do 2 pr plant, set up on a timer you can mix up a batch of nutes and catch a flight to Maui for a few days..