What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things that just ain't right!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What I wrote is as a mild warning to all, not just 'me or them',
that name-calling and cussing at other members, or in general has a very limited tolerance with me since it tends to sully the discourse in posts and threads when people keep getting 'offended' and so retaliate with their own barrage of worthless, emotionally warped foul invective liberally spiced with mundane profanity turning what promised to be an interesting read into a 'Slanging Match' between two 'Offended' parties.....it doesn't read good.

Simply put....If you can't say it without giving yourself a 'wedgie'...., then best not say it at all.

*with keeping to the topic of the thread, above is a 'Thing that just ain't right'.

Is that meant toward me or them? When you seem to have a bandwagon effect that is unjust as it is not based on anything but raw emotion like a lynch mob going on, you are going to be upset too and rightfully so, maybe both sides of this issue aren't perfect but the opposing me just on hate and no substance should not be defended either. The message you present on any issue should be meant toward both sides, and political speech has been tolerated here like never before which I thought was good for all, and all should be treated equally by any rules anywhere, but fair and true enough. If you want to silence this, silence all involved but I will remain silent as long as further provocation is dealt with fairly, (as I should have said originally) once I try to explain the true meaning of this thread which is not hate or the blind stupidity that goes along with it no matter what flavor you try. thanks for being patient, all need to have a voice here unless they are trying to gang up on and troll others.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

oh it sounds like you got a problem with anyone and anything that doesn't agree with you, and are an epic troll as you go out of your way to criticize me and contradict yourself in the process!

Not sure how I contradicted myself, I don't give a fuck what someone does with their freedom, as long as it's not physically hurting anyone else's freedoms. You want flags being illegal when it doesn't hurt you, then you go on to insult people that may be Trump supporters. I'm not really a supporter just makes little difference, Hillary Clinton did much worse than Trump, bragged about killing Gaddafi and laughed about it and how she did it was by arming, funding and training ISIS!! (Hillary Clinton just ain't right :biggrin:)Of course give Trump time he might end up just as bad.

Also not all rednecks are Trump supporters plenty of city folk voted for him even a bit of black and Hispanic people clearly. He won even Florida which is the most diverse state I've been to.

I do agree prostitution should be legal put an end to sex slavery and pimps. I believe drugs should be legal, end the cartels and provide safe drugs to drug users. Most overdose deaths are from nasty cuts like fentanyl and worse. Taking drugs is my freedom of choice and I should not be oppressed by a tyrannical government who moves more drugs to black neighborhoods than the cartels. It's just not right.

An old lady driving slow well that's her freedom of choice at least there wasn't an accident. I have a bigger problem with people starring into their cell phones and walking into traffic. I almost hit someone for that, lucky for him I was paying attention. Not to mention all the people who have almost crashed into me and then I see a cell phone in there hands. That just ain't right. :biggrin:

CaptainDankness

You know what ain't right? The 5 day work week. Whoever invented that shit obviously didn't have to work 5 days a week, or it would be a 3 day work week.

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad, but we do have it better than China and Japan who work 6 days a week. Of course it does work for them since they are #2 and 3 economically in the world.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When I was living in S.E.Asia, most people who were lucky enough to have a job seemed to be used to working a 12 hour day, and domestic workers 7 days a week with little or no holiday time every year........and for very little pay. ($5 a day or less)....

brolex

When I was living in S.E.Asia, most people who were lucky enough to have a job seemed to be used to working a 12 hour day, and domestic workers 7 days a week with little or no holiday time every year........and for very little pay. ($5 a day or less)....

You can imagine our disdain for beg-packers.

CaptainDankness

That's just insane. I worked 7 days a week for 2 jobs before but I made decent money. Really just talking to a few Thai people makes sense especially since they are probably the richest in SE Asia. They told me I could get a disability check at the time it was only $600 a month and have about the same amount of money as someone with a bachelors degree with a decent job.

I thought about going and saying I was bat shit crazy and moving to Thailand. :biggrin: Of course then I met my wife and had a kid, $600 a month barely covers my power bill. Lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember when I was building a prawn hatchery out there. The laborers were asking for $2 a day, the 'skilled' carpenters were asking $4 a day, and electricians were on about $6-$10 a day....

Is it any wonder that so many jobs have been lost to Asia over the past few decades?

*another thing that just don't sound right.

....labor intensive manufacturing businesses will go where its cheapest to manufacture, and a major cost is the labor cost, particularly in the west.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I wrote is as a mild warning to all, not just 'me or them',
that name-calling and cussing at other members, or in general has a very limited tolerance with me since it tends to sully the discourse in posts and threads when people keep getting 'offended' and so retaliate with their own barrage of worthless, emotionally warped foul invective liberally spiced with mundane profanity turning what promised to be an interesting read into a 'Slanging Match' between two 'Offended' parties.....it doesn't read good.

Simply put....If you can't say it without giving yourself a 'wedgie'...., then best not say it at all.

*with keeping to the topic of the thread, above is a 'Thing that just ain't right'.

I do recently recall battling it out in a thread, serious stuff, but political and so feelings were slighted on both sides of the fence.

I've yet to wander back into the thread to have a look, but I'd promised that I wouldn't. SOOO if anyone wanted to bash me they'd have a free run down that one way street, I won't even ever reply, after all wtf do I know or care what's written.

EDIT:
I'll be sure to tone down any foul language Gypsy, no problem, and I surely won't hurl insults directly at others here on the boards, peaceable.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

I remember when I was building a prawn hatchery out there. The laborers were asking for $2 a day, the 'skilled' carpenters were asking $4 a day, and electricians were on about $6-$10 a day....

Is it any wonder that so many jobs have been lost to Asia over the past few decades?

*another thing that just don't sound right.

....labor intensive manufacturing businesses will go where its cheapest to manufacture, and a major cost is the labor cost, particularly in the west.

For real, not even just Asia Central and South America they have a bunch of jobs but they work for a few dollars a day. Kind of pissed me off a little when I paid almost $200 for a nice pair of work boots and see made in the Dominican Republic. You know someone banged out 20 or so pairs in a single day $8 if he was lucky. Lol, it's not really right but in America it's hard to find good workers happy with less than $20 an hour. Lol

Kind of why I didn't really like Bernie Sanders. Raise our minimum wage to $15 an hour from like $7.50 yeah that good worker at $20 an hour is going to want $40 cause Walmart will pay $15 to tend a cash register. Then of course the price of everything would go up. Just ain't right.

Of course it does sound nice to most people who make under $50k a year, until they get replaced by a computer. McDonald's has kiosks in some places now no need to have humans on the register, shit they can't even pocket a few extra bucks. Lol, Walmart, they have had a self checkout for years. Forget about them stores they're working on now that you just grab whatever is want and you get charged through a computer. Now that's just fucked up. :biggrin:

Even seen a robo mall cop they put out. Lol, Technology just ain't right. :biggrin: What's next? Social Security for all because the robots took our jobs cause we just had to push for a higher minimum wage.

Over a billion people live on less than $1 a day, we are easily replaced with people from 3rd world countries and technology. Shit, I kind of want to start a weed farm in India supply the best Indian charras to America. :biggrin: California can't touch shit they have to pay far too much for help and it's just a fucking plant that Indians have been growing since before Moses and $2 a day will keep them happy. Just going to want to control the mother rooms properly, but no problem $5 a day for the more skilled workers. Meet up in the hookah tent 3 times a day with some rice and beans keep everyone happy. Lol, probably not right but why not? Lol

That's if legalization actually happens. But people are crazy if they believe California will have a chance come federal legalization.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...Hillary Clinton claiming to be a champion of women just ain't right.

picture.php

bozo

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Coming back to what?

Insults and attacks aren't really my thing.

I must say however that I reserve the right to be substantive.

In terms of staying on topic...

Things that ain't right :
Me

:bis:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Coming back to what?

Insults and attacks aren't really my thing.

I must say however that I reserve the right to be substantive.

In terms of staying on topic...

Things that ain't right :
Me

:bis:

Me neither....and I have rehearsed both vigorously in the past.

These days its best to just be slightly perturbed, or just plain substantive, rather than go into some raging fury over what someone said on the internet.

It just don't seem right to get too hot and flustered over words on a screen I suppose.

Last edited: