What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hmong Thai - 2017

RC_Colas

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words kayoee and I have 1000's of seed from the reproduction run. As already noted, males are rare in the line as with many tropical sativas so I focused on diversity amoung the females which were evetually culled to five. Smoked the leaves of the male to validate quality and suspect nobody will be disappointed.

I agree that pure seeds are rare and so big props to bushy and donald for the gift. Keep us posted on any treasures you find in Luang Prabang and appreciate your insights.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

nice job RC, its hard enough to even acquire the seeds in the first place. how many seeds did you get from your first open pollination?

im in luang prabang right now and have been sifting thru some different batches. the mekong is a unique place. i feel a lot of what is being sold is really just growing wild along the river.

Manivelle

Veteran
The problem with using a single male is that if the male is a dud, then all the offspring are impacted.
RC only got one male. That's what he used.
The pics of that male are VERY nice BTW :)
The only plant culled was female.
e!
problem is not about good or bad job . it's about saying the strain is preserved .
the strain is not preserved using a single male.
if you think so ...good on you and see you in 30years playing tha banjo with your "plants"
what is hilarious is seeing people who have no clue about methodology about preserving seedlines trying to explain me how to do it.
i don't care if hurted butts !! and i don't care even more who you are or who you think you are ! .
truth have to be told. you just have to grow up and became a grown man to accept facts .
especialy you raho making your childish post for your little child little war .. you are so pathetic lol

Raho

Veteran
problem is not about good or bad job . it's about saying the strain is preserved .
if you think so ...good on you and see you in 30years playing tha banjo with your "plants"
what is hilarious is seeing people who have no clue about methodology about preserving seedlines trying to explain me how to do it.
i don't care if hurted butts !! and i don't care even more who you are or who you think you are ! .
truth have to be told. you just have to grow up and became a grown man to accept facts .
especialy you raho making your childish post for your little child little war .. you are so pathetic lol
tiphat.gif

You edited your post to add extra venom. Wow. Stay classy mani.

My reply here had nothing to do with you. I was addressing comments by therevverend, not you.
It's only a 5 page thread mani, I don't think it's too much to expect you to have read it.

In SE Asia cannabis wasn't usually grown sinsemilla so there was no reason to remove males and hermaphrodites. Hermaphrodites could be considered 'better' then males and females because all the plants produce flowers instead of just half.
I'd guess in many populations there'd be 90% hermaphrodites or more, a huge percentage. If your goal was 'preserving the land race strain intact' you'd have to keep those genetics because they are an essential part of what that strain was.
If you're growing it 'to improve an existing land race strain into a type that can be grown and appreciated by most modern cultivators' selecting only males and females would be ideal.
I'm not commenting on one or the other being 'good' or 'bad' just a choice a cultivator has to make. Considering the genes are being bottlenecked from thousands of plants down to ten or less, I can't criticize anyone for the selection they decide. I've never had to make that choice, I'm sure it isn't easy.
Cultures are changing and getting lost on such a massive scale worldwide. It's hard to imagine a strain being returned to it's place of origin and used for the purposes for which it was bred.

But of course, you take things personally like the whole world is talking about you.:laughing:

Why don't you block me here like you do elsewhere?
I'm sure you have enough people actually saying bad things about you without having to imagine that I'm out there doing it.
Give yourself a break.

All of your posts in this thread are negative and angry.
This forum is filled with angry posts from you.

Are you angry because you are afraid some stranger on the internet who will probably never grow a pure Thai strain in their lives because they take more than 10 weeks to flower may get the wrong idea about preserving old genetics because of something one of the few people actually preserving old long flowering genetics says?

Preaching about the definition of "preservation" to people on IC makes you look like this guy
picture.php

If you were concerned about misuse of a technical term giving people the wrong idea, you could have sent RC_Colas a PM asking him to change the words he used and explained your reason.
Bet you a euro he would have changed it to a term less offensive to you. He's nice like that.
But you didn't do that. Nooooo.
You had to make sure EVERYBODY knew how smart you are, so you condemned RC's work:

i'd say that with one male used the line is not preserved at all .
few generetion further and you'll have a depressed inbred weak bottlenecked uselles plants.
i hope others will have make seeds with more genetic material.

Of course, RC was smart enough to ignore you. Smarter than me I guess, but your attack on me is all personal, so I don't really have a choice.

One thing I agree with you on though mani, YOU should definitely NOT run these seeds, because of RC's misuse of the definition of "Preserved."

Again, if you read the post by the rev, you'll see my reply was entirely in response to him.
If he wants to come and attack me for playing the banjo or whatever, I'm fine with it.

For your own mental health though mani, you should block me.
I do not write or think about you. Ever.
old.jpg

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Manivelle,

Please do not sully my thread with your negative words, you gave your opinion earlier so move on.

Saludos

RC_Colas

W

Water-

Thanks for posting your pics RC Colas!

I love seeing your work.
always inspiring

aloha

frostqueen

Yeah, I THINK HE GETS WHAT YOU MEAN BY NOW.

All you had to do from the beginning is say, "hey dude: if you did it this way, you'd see all of these additional benefits to preserving the genepool properly! Pretty cool, eh? Glad I could share with you."... that's what COMMUNITY is.

Seriously: where do we vote people off the island?

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Little thai babies. I love life! Thanks RC! Do these little critters stretch a lot?
View Image

Way to go dude... I got some of these , can't wait to see how yours do??? Tempted to start a few right now but got way to much going currently and these don't fit in my current projects I'm working on..they will have to wait for now... funny thing is timing is perfect for me yours will be finishing when I'm planned to start mine... really lookin foward to getting a sneak peak... good luck.... and I'm sure it's safe to say they will stretch like a mofo...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to the finish and smoke report. I have some Chiang Mai Thai x Cambodian going now. Almost a month after flip and no sex yet hehe.

You know they are pure when that happens.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Have it at 9 1/2 on, so can not lower it more. Would love to go up to the hill tribes of Cambodia and Thailand to see what is still there. Just a dream.

Miraculous Meds

Way to go dude... I got some of these , can't wait to see how yours do??? Tempted to start a few right now but got way to much going currently and these don't fit in my current projects I'm working on..they will have to wait for now... funny thing is timing is perfect for me yours will be finishing when I'm planned to start mine... really lookin foward to getting a sneak peak... good luck.... and I'm sure it's safe to say they will stretch like a mofo...

I really wanted to do a big run of these, but I couldn't wait so im getting a peak myself with just a couple to few of these sat lines I got. Hoping for something special that I can use a little of dj's bb pollen on.

So I can comfortably get plants to about 4.5' max in my pheno room. Im seriously thinking about transplanting these and a few other sativas I got going for fear of running out of space, and flowering within a week. Ive also got a few oaxacan golds, THH, and cherry bombs that im concerned about height. I can let them get to about 7' in the vert rooms if I put them in the corners in there. theres a couple other lines im not sure about stretch yet either, like rc's bm sats, and incense haze x ss and jack. Im thinking about corner vert 7' height for all these.

Or if I want to finish them at 4' or so, should I start flower around 10"? I run 11 on 13 0ff.

Thank you so much for your work, RC Cola. As a 21 year old grower, I really appreciate the work you select few do to preserve the old lines so that my generation can work with them. You're all the heroes in my book.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Thank you so much for your work, RC Cola. As a 21 year old grower, I really appreciate the work you select few do to preserve the old lines so that my generation can work with them. You're all the heroes in my book.

Much respect 21 n growing Thai today is like seeing a unicorn... so U got some Thai going to ne pics ??? I just may have to join the party and put a few down in the last pop... not sure if I got time to finish them this year .... anyone dep a pure sativa like this from seed??!? Workers get pissed but I have no problem blocking walkways.

Miraculous Meds

Much respect 21 n growing Thai today is like seeing a unicorn... so U got some Thai going to ne pics ??? I just may have to join the party and put a few down in the last pop... not sure if I got time to finish them this year .... anyone dep a pure sativa like this from seed??!? Workers get pissed but I have no problem blocking walkways.

I was just talking with dj about getting them into flower real early and he said that pure sats do some funny things sometimes when forced early. I still vote for popping some though. Im gonna try supercropping mine to avoid topping for heght restrictions. I think they grew 2 inches yesterday.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
So in the natural habitat with one hour swing in day length, they do weird things ??

Plus RC Colas is a fucking don so dont test.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola MM,

Great to see these in your hands and the pleasure is mine to see you work the magic. These do stretch and my experience has been about 60-70%. Please keep the updates coming and hope you find the treasures you are after amigo:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

Little thai babies. I love life! Thanks RC! Do these little critters stretch a lot?
View Image

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I was just talking with dj about getting them into flower real early and he said that pure sats do some funny things sometimes when forced early. I still vote for popping some though. Im gonna try supercropping mine to avoid topping for heght restrictions. I think they grew 2 inches yesterday.

He is right you want to get them big enough and clone them then flower clones it's much faster and avoids all the weird shit he was sayin