What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boron deficiency? Overdose of some sort?

S

Scott64a

The one on the right is fine, for sure.

IDK, it could be possible that during cutting and cloning and repotting it suffered some minor injury when it was weak and it picked up a virus.

Grow it out, and burn it in a pipe to sanitize.

LOL

The new growth looks pretty good, so maybe it'll finish OK.

mushroombrew

Veteran
pH up and down will be found in the pool sections of most stores.

Next time you grow, you can test the soil and amend it before sowing.
FWIW, a lot of strains are more tolerant than others for pH and nutes.

You'll get it sorted... and one day you'll have a list of strains that you love which are a joy to grow. Your experience will grow as well... and I have no doubt that you're gonna do very well.

Cheers mate!

Please don't use pool products on your plants. They do change pH but are not plant foods.

Plant pH down is phosphoric acid. Plants use phosphorus
Pool pH down Is Muratic acid plants cannot uptake it so it contributes to salt buildup.

Plant pH up is Potassium carbonate. Again plant metabolize the potassium.
Pool pH up is Sodium Bicarbonate. It forms NaOH (sodium hydroxide)
which is toxic to plants.

If you're broke use citric acid and baking soda. Less sodium in the soda.

S

Scott64a

Please don't use pool products on your plants. They do change pH but are not plant foods.

Plant pH down is phosphoric acid. Plants use phosphorus
Pool pH down Is Muratic acid plants cannot uptake it so it contributes to salt buildup.

Plant pH up is Potassium carbonate. Again plant metabolize the potassium.
Pool pH up is Sodium Bicarbonate. It forms NaOH (sodium hydroxide)
which is toxic to plants.

If you're broke use citric acid and baking soda. Less sodium in the soda.
Good info. WTH was I thinking?

NoLoveDeepWeeb

Yep yep, all in all even the one that is not doing great is still putting on a little bit of new healthy growth. I get my soil pH meter tomorrow so I'll update with my findings from that.

I know it depends on the strain of the plant, and the medium used but how often do you all water, and water with nutes for for your plants in order to keep them moist but also give the roots a chance to get some air?

Mushroombrew thanks for the very insightful info on the dangers of pool pH products vs plant pH products. I have ones for plants but I could see purchasing pool ones at a later date if you had not explained it.

NoLoveDeepWeeb

The pH of the soil was about 7.5 so I just put in some water, and root drench with a pH of 6.3, and also pruned some of the lower nodes off.

S

Scott64a

The pH of the soil was about 7.5 so I just put in some water, and root drench with a pH of 6.3, and also pruned some of the lower nodes off.

Wow, off enough to make a difference.

Neutral water... must have been something in the soil from the get go.

Good thread, good info in here. Keep us posted!

Bongstar420

Excess Nitrogen + excess rooting hormones (IBA, NAA, IAA)- you either added something for rooting or you added something that was high in tryptophan and the Bacillus converted it to IAA and related auxins.

The Ph of your water is irrelevant in most cases. If your media is too acid, add nitrate N. If its too basic add urea or ammonia N instead of nitrate n. Soil Ph of 7.5 indicates you should use almost all N as urea or ammonia- you must have dolomite/calcium carbonate as a prominent feature in your media or you are using very high nitrate N ferts.

S

Scott64a

Excess Nitrogen + excess rooting hormones (IBA, NAA, IAA)- you either added something for rooting or you added something that was high in tryptophan and the Bacillus converted it to IAA and related auxins.

The Ph of your water is irrelevant in most cases. If your media is too acid, add nitrate N. If its too basic add urea or ammonia N instead of nitrate n. Soil Ph of 7.5 indicates you should use almost all N as urea or ammonia- you must have dolomite/calcium carbonate as a prominent feature in your media or you are using very high nitrate N ferts.

What about topdressing with fresh chicken shit? Too hot?
Not a lot mind you, just a ring around the stalk.

I've got laying hens that are little poop factories, but I usually addit to my compost pile and turn it a few times before winter for use the following Spring.

NoLoveDeepWeeb

I think it's the excessive lvs of nitrogen, I have geven the plants nitrogen dense root drench for a while now. Besides doing a flush how do I remedy this?

NoLoveDeepWeeb

Sorry for late response

I can't composite here because without falure bear's will mess it up. I tried it years back a few times and within a day or two the compost box would get torn to sherds.

How goes your grow Scott64a?

These are pics of the plant that was doing ok, but now it looks likes it's got an issue, any idea?

This is the one that was having the initial problem. I pruned the lower nodes.

NoLoveDeepWeeb

The soil is staying moist enough it has quite a bit of porous material so it's able to get air in between watering. Ya growing outdoor seems very cool, but in my neighborhood the fences are too low and I think the neighbors would see that shift not to mention smell it epically when it's time to flowee. Besides the yellowing on the one plant I think the 2 are doing good with just water. I think another one of my big problems with my current plants are that I had to cut most of the fan leafs off at first because they got burnt.
I'll check out your link about your grow. Sounds interesting and very insightful
Lol hearing about your friends grow makes me feel a bit better, I'm not the only one to nuke my plants with too many nutes!

Latest posts

Latest posts