What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT IS THIS?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
omg.gif
it's turning into the joke thread
b6bf9e0e.gif

no word from the museum..
safetocomeout.gif

igrowone

Veteran
when others have nothing, you have to work it through on your own resources
just a thought here, get the ball rolling again
as a pestle, it doesn't look right, 2 end pestles are not unknown but much less common than the single type, at least on ebay
the length i think would make it hard to use, the other end is going to be in your face
at least that's my guess, need it in hand to try it i would guess

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I saw there was a post on this thread and got all excited... Nope not yet... Damn what is it!

Cm
twzonesmiley.gif
ME TOO! I'm waiting for response from a museum... or
the right stoner to read this thread..

not thinking pestle, the bulge in the middle of the shaft would make it so one would have to hold it clos to the short end if 'pestleing'.

whatever it is, I'm convinced it spun in some sort of cradle. doing what is the question.. One day it will come to light..

Last edited:

soundman

I'm still leaning towards a pestle. Used in a deep and narrow coke or mortar. The wear marks don't look like they came from rotation to me. More side to die action??

Very curious.

I been carrying this thing around for 20+ years since my father in law died.
Have asked many what they thought it was/is, no answers. So here I am, asking the most diverse thinkers I know. WTF is this thing?
It is 30.5" long and weighs 9-10lbs. I'm not good at identifying wood but my guess is it is made from walnut. The Qtip looking ends are pressed onto the shaft. My guess is it was used on a loom of some sort carrying yarn or sumtin like that.. maybe hemp?:biggrin:

Anyone know?

EDIT: if you came here via my sig link, she made you look.. View Image
pestle 4 sure

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I don't know what it is so cant say any of you are wrong.
OTOH, no one has said ' it is a ....' with any conviction..
I been carrying it around for about 20 years it comes into focus
and then I forget about it.. one day, someone will identify it for sure.. it is worn through in only 1 end and only on one side of that 'Q-tip' looking end.

Cant remember who (sorry) said to email a museum in one state
probably can dig up that email if I look a little.. I did email them but no response.. never know when a request comes to the to of the backlog.. thanks for thinking for me..:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
This fucking thread again!?lol i still dont know what it is but im almost positive its not a pestle.it would be way more worn than it is and the design just isnt ergonomical.its not a pestle

Latest posts

Latest posts