What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack pls stop

20sackzack

Bunch of shit to update

I received the results from the soil and water tests I sent out. The soil I tested was a coots mix I made a year ago for an outdoor grow. Soil base ratios are OK, high in most things with some micronutrient deficiencies. Could use more ca less mg. Water is very low ppm like 45 but is at 7.5 ph. That combined with my soils high ph explains some of the problems I was seeing

mGNcB9M.jpg

koQ5FQl.jpg

LZ0Rgwq.jpg

I still plan on improving this soil mix to be used in the future, but for now I needed a faster easier option to get my girls transplanted and flipped asap

I had only been using ro water before I installed the blumats. After the install, switched to tap water not knowing it had a high ph at the time. That combined with getting a little root bound and over watered had my girls looking pretty sad... I needed to get their roots more room and food

LAIP3cx.jpg

Decided to pick up 4 20 gal bags of roots 707 :joint:

Used a pallet and some 2x4's to keep the grow bag up off the ground. It's just a 4'x4'x10" smart pot basically. Hindsight 2020 I would have bought an actual geoplanter with a pvc frame. It was all good until I put the last bag of soil in. Then the sides started to flop and spill. I had to use some bamboo and wire to hold it all in. But hey it worked

Last edited:

20sackzack

4x4 bed ehhh? noice. good score on the ac too. best 30$ you spend all summer i bet

Had to move the tent across the room to get it next to the window. I filled the bed and got the plants in it. Looking back I would have installed the ac before I did the transplant. Would have had way more room to work that way... whatever got it done mostly anyway.

Here's a shot of the empty bag and pallet underneath

fMI3TVH.jpg

Filling up

HvtZicP.jpg

G0fUKxj.jpg

Here's a shot that shows roots growing way more on the blumat side of the pot. Not sure I like not having a wet and dry cycle. I'm gonna give the blumats another shot in the bed but I haven't had time to install them yet. So for now it's hand water action

uJpPgbH.jpg

Here they all are in their new home

kBXi6f1.jpg

20sackzack

I didn't get any pics of the installation process for the ac. All I can say is it was a bitch because I only had about 10" to fit myself between the wall and the tent. Like I said if I had done this before transplanting it would have been sooo much easier

szGcuCc.jpg

I used foam board to make a little box that extended the front of the ac to the tent. Cut flaps for the holes so I can easily put them back and used foil tape to seal everything. Then I routed the ducting for my air cooled hood to intake and exhaust next to the ac outside in a closed loop. I had to jimmy rig a filter for the intake to make it work for now. Planning on improving the set up and making it look more normal from outside

38zvunS.jpg

So now I have some light leeks I need to fix before I flip. Mainly from the vent that blows cold air on the ac. Gonna try the black spray paint trick

I got a couple more toys on the way. I finally ordered a dual channel outlet thermostat. It will turn on a heater when it gets too cold, and turn on the hood fan when it gets too hot. Shoulda had this from the get go. Should help a lot with stabilizing my environment

I think that's pretty much it for now. Hoping my girls will start looking better and taking off soon

Bonus squish pics from a nice little session I had. Last year's outdoor citrus sap (gg4×tangie)

snRempV.jpg

lNI9zTt.jpg

20sackzack

Got the outlet temp controller and heater set up. Now my temps will never go outside the range I have set. Wish I had got this sooner, would have definitely helped. For any new growers out there get one of these hook it up to your fan and you will not regret it

7flfjGi.jpg

sCL17il.jpg

The ac is for warmer weather, but as of right now my fan isn't even running most the time anymore. The light is keeping temps at 76 almost all on its own. The heater will keep my lights off temps in check

20sackzack

Should be getting a dehumidifier tomorrow and I ordered some special spray paint for styrofoam. Hopefully that will solve the big ass light leak from my window ac

sbLFGex.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
man they are looking real nice. do show the spraypaint you ordered, as you might remember i had some issues with lightproofing my window ac cause of the paint eating the styrofoam over time. coming together lovely

20sackzack

that's some tricked out tent!

Haha dude that totally reminded me of pimp my ride for some reason

n5rM0H2.jpg

man they are looking real nice. do show the spraypaint you ordered, as you might remember i had some issues with lightproofing my window ac cause of the paint eating the styrofoam over time. coming together lovely

If u still got that prime account going here ya go

It didn't melt the foam and did block the light. But honestly for me it did not work. There was just no way of getting the paint to cover every surface of the foam. Deep inside and over all the seems and corners. Just wasn't happening. I ended up taking the ac apart and covering the entire back of the foam in foil tape. 100% light proof now. Maybe in your situation the paint will work though?

I sealed up those stupid round holes I cut and rerouted my ducting. Pulling air from the room the tent is in, through the hood and out the window

wcV3w2t.jpg

20sackzack

Thanks bro. There are some challenges to using beds, but I think the benefits out weigh them. Really surprising more people don't use big beds. I mean, look at the pros who kill it yield and quality wise year after year outdoors in norcal. What do they all use? Lots and lots of soil... why wouldn't u want to do the same indoors?

Of course there are peeps like hash zeppelin who produce amazing quality in smaller containers outdoors. But for the most part it's big ass pots or mounds that grow trees. I've read that most plants will mirror their root systems so why not give them as much space as possible. Instead of my 12 plants each being in a 5 gallon pot it's like they all have their own 80 gal to spread out in

Been puttin in work over the weekend. Got my first cloning experience, took 18 cuts that I'm hoping will turn out ok. Also cleaned out the undersides and put down the first layer of trellis

OwTAHcU.jpg

tH4p1QU.jpg

This is right after I put in the trellis last night

YnGFiwW.jpg

Then this morning before work

BKgR1TQ.jpg

N

NewAgeGenetics

great setup!

you still water with the blumats in the soilbed?

20sackzack

Nah I haven't set up the blumats in the bed yet. I'm a little hesitant because the last time I used them things went a little wonky. I know it was probably because of the high ph soil and water I was using combined with too small of containers. I'm sure they would work better in the bed using ro but I kinda like having a wet and dry cycle

I am currently using my submersible pump, hose and watering wand in a 5 gallon bucket to water. It's perfect because I can adjust the flow down on the wand and use it to reach all the way back underneath the canopy without getting the plants wet

Here's a couple more pics I forgot to put up earlier of the new ventilation setup

60tw7y5.jpg

S4kJ7YW.jpg

N

NewAgeGenetics

I think you will be surprised that how big can grow the plants when the roots have unlimited space.

packerfan79

Veteran
No current thread, heres a link to my last grow, it was kinda slow, but check it out. It's something you don't see much of anymore. I tend to buck traditional grow style, I pretty much follow the lead of DHF and Heath Robinson, Marlo, Ichabod Crane, etc.

Welcome to the WEED shed 4k stadium

.this is my journal finished this crop in January, got 7 pounds , didn't hit my goal, but came close. I am trimming the current crop now.