What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

RobFromTX

Makes me remember Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 😁

1673037153182.png

moose eater

I personally prefer walnuts - they look like brains, are allegedly good for brains but they don´t make me gag, lol! :biglaugh:
But the walnut looks like a WHOLE brain, and some might find that daunting, especially after reading your post and realizing the similarities. :)

I'd initially gone looking for the term used for cow's/beef brain when I went to Google, but Wiklipedia is what came up in a more general sense, so I ran with it out of laziness/expedience, and needing to go finish repairing the trailer lights that became a project last night when one of the flat-4 connector wires (Chinese-made shit) severed and left me dark, with a distinct allergy to unnecessary encounters with Johnny Law.

Off to the cold now..

moose eater

By the way, as I prep to return to the -8 f. great outdoors for intricate but relatively simple wiring, I discovered something with the last duck we made with wild rice/brown rice stuffing; we boil the wild rice in a nice chicken base broth, made from a good chicken base product. (*Not chicken-less boullion).

Wild rice is a bit notorious for not absorbing the entire amount of liquid, even when given extra time, without removing the lid and cooking off the liquid.

What we've been doing, as we are today, as I type, preparing to roast yet another domestic duck, is, instead, once the wild rice is done to the point it would be great to be mixed in with the stuffing, pour off the broth into a cup and sip it.

While likely notably high in carbs (a good thing to some degree in the cold), the flavor of the wild rice, mixed with a good chicken base broth, is OUTSTANDING!! Best chicken 'soup' I've sipped in a while. Almost makes a guy want to catch the flu!! ;)

Last edited:

moose eater

Left over pan-cooked stuffing from the duck, bit of leg and thigh meat from same duck, and a 16-oz. Freemont Seasonal Winter Imperial Ale at 8% abv. with a tangerine flavored seltzer water and a cup of coffee with 40% heavy whipping cream added.

The snow-blowing, moving snow from vehicles, and transferring gasoline for 4-stroke and 2-stroke equipment will wait until tomorrow, I suspect. After a trip of 37 miles each way to drop off a snowmobile on a trailer for some repairs, with fine particulate snow on glazed-ice highways, I'm in a pissy mood. Never mind the 2 automobiles now in need of some large dollar efforts.

I think I'll stick to roast duck, wild rice pan stuffing, and salad with homemade Caesar dressing, with a beer for now. Seems safer for all involved parties.

Last edited:

moose eater

Duck Soup (though no Marx Bros. movies were viewed during this preparation...)

For later this evening or tomorrow.

Left-over duck meat and broth, as well as some of the drippings, golden potatoes, lots of chopped white onions, Alaska-grown Mat-Su Valley carrots, lots of organic crimini mushrooms, organic broccoli, the remainder of the uncooked wild rice (about 1/2-cup of the dry wild rice), 6 or 8 slices, chopped, of uncured maple sugar, hickory smoked bacon, lots of fresh minced garlic, whole rosemary, black pepper, white pepper, coarse rubbed sage, smoked paprika, possibly some turmeric (can't recall; that kind of a day), sea salt, and likely something I'm forgetting. Maybe a couple or more somethings.

Set on 4 hours at high (not exactly an accurate description of the output of heat at that setting, but it's what they call it), in the slow-cooker/crock pot.

Edit: I'm going to add some organic frozen sweet corn, organic frozen sweet peas, & maybe some organic frozen green beans real quickly, and hope the slow-to-rise heat in this 'impotent' cooker forgives me. Like ice cubes into hot coffee.

1673152006570.jpeg

Last edited: