What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEAPER ENZYMES

gmanwho

Veteran
just throwing it out there.. i would think it would be best to dilute the solutions with distilled water.

Ordering some concentrate soon, and i think ill just collect my dehumidifier run off to dilute the solution.

But this is the question, i may be slightly slow at times, u said u use " pond protector ", in the list of enzymes you stated there is no pond protector name listed. U mean the natures pond clarifier ?

Just want to be sure, i have enough stuff on my shelf that i dont use anymore.

oldman, its great people like u are always searching and leading the way off the beaten path. I hope one day soon i will never have to travel to the hydro store again. ( for security reasons, and price)

K+

b-safe

D

dongle69

So, I just got off the phone with Care Free Enzymes, makers of Pond and Fountain Protector that is being used here.
They say DO NOT DILUTE unless using immediately.
Diluting takes the enzymes out of suspension and they won't last long, so don't store it this way.

EDIT: Application rate for hydroponics is .5 oz (~15ml) per 100 gallons.

So, the 16oz bottle is good for 3200 gallons.
Sweet!

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
thanks OMW. answered a new ? i had in 1 thread. i just left the Hstore and shit is pricy. going concentrate.
so if i understand correctly- some one(thanks dong) contacted the manufacturer and they said them selves there is a hydroponic application dosage? this is all i needed

OsWiZzLe

it breaks down organic amendments.....nitrogen bacteria that feed plants....

when i reuse my coco....theres all kinds of roots in the medium still......i hit with the EM.....and b4 u know it..those roots are peace out....didnt get the same results with Sensizyme and Cannazyme

you guys have me fully interested. I was checking out a bottle of pond cleaner a few months back and was wondering the same thing. I'm gonna pick it up and give it a try. It says its safe for plants so it can't do too much harm.

Is it gonna give me protection from pathogens/rots or is it just gonna decompose organics?

So, I just got off the phone with Care Free Enzymes, makers of Pond and Fountain Protector that is being used here.
They say DO NOT DILUTE unless using immediately.
Diluting takes the enzymes out of suspension and they won't last long, so don't store it this way.
Application rate for hydroponics is 2 capfuls per 100 gallons.
A capful is .5 oz (~15ml).
So, the 16oz bottle is good for 1600 gallons.
Sweet!

Very important information. From now on I'm going to use an eye dropper.

This is the reason for these forums. Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other.

Did u get my PM about testing your enzymes, on another site a guy posted an article from canna, about a diy enzyme test. one with apple sauce and one with paper i think. Is any one with the product willing to try the test?

I agree that a test should be performed, but to do it right I'd have to to the hydro store and shell out 40 bucks so I could do a side-by-side. I already know the stuff works.

The 16oz instructions say 1 capful for 100 gallons.
Dilute more?

I'm sure that I've been overdoing it, but since I've been diluting it I've probably been making it less effective. :wallbash:

After what the company rep. told you I definitely now believe that applying drops rather than dilution is the way to go. :woohoo:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
I agree that a test should be performed, but to do it right I'd have to to the hydro store and shell out 40 bucks so I could do a side-by-side. I already know the stuff works.

I dont understand why you have to go to the hydro store. My typing is a little hard to understand, cant spell or use periods. I should of pay more attention in school.

What i mean to say is test the product you already have, No need to buy anything else. Im waiting for a response from another board to post his finding in his test of canna'a versions of enzymes. I dont wanna jack anyones info, and dont wanna post links to orher sites in the forum.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you might be on to something but hygrozyme is listed ORMI , and will only use this unless something else is listed ORMI.

D

dongle69

you might be on to something but hygrozyme is listed ORMI , and will only use this unless something else is listed ORMI.

Why rely on the gov't for OMRI certification?

Here is CareFree's little blurb:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]IPS-CareFree Enzymes, a Wisconsin based company, is the only manufacturer of all natural enzymes that are free of bacteria. We have built a reputation since 1995 as the exclusive manufacturer of enzymes for the birding, watergardening and agricultural industries. Our enzyme products are environmentally friendly and 100% safe for all pets, livestock and wildlife. Currently, there isn't anything as strong and as safe on the market as IPS-CareFree Enzymes.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our products are 99% organic. Unfortunately our stabilizers (with stabilizers, our products can stay on the shelf for years) are synthetic. Synthetic products are not recognized as organic by the OMRI.[/FONT][/FONT]

D

dongle69

EDIT:
Holy crap I just did the math...
60x more expensive to use Hygrozyme vs pond enzymes.
$30 worth of Hygrozyme if I used it in my 100 gal res or 50 cents for the pond enzyme.
That is some expensive OMRI certification!

Last edited:

Bozo

I stopped using enzymes because they were too spendy. Sounds like this will solve that problem .Ok for plants and fish and a company rep gave a hydroponic dose ,I can live with the 1 % preservative .I was always so skimpy with Hygrozyme and Sensizyme because of the cost .A bottle of Pond and Fountain Protector will make using enzymes affordable

I remember it was 20 ml per gallon Sensizyme ,1000 ml per liter
1000ml bottle /20 ml per gallon =50 gallons . That is 20$ a week for me making it the most expensive part of my grow

Pond cleaner is 30 ml per 100 gallons ,1000ml/30ml=33.3 -100gallon batches(3300 gallons) making it 66 times cheaper

Old Man or anyone who uses this ,does it affect ph? Can you mix a 100 gallon res and leave it for a week?I have been dropping things from use if they affect ph buffering.Makes it a pita when you run DTW and you have to daily adjust ph .Basicly the entire AN line

didnt see 16 oz size so 66 times is too much but still

Last edited:

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
OMRI

OMRI

Why rely on the gov't for OMRI certification
From their web site
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is a national nonprofit organization that determines which input products are allowed for use in organic production and processing.
OMRI is a private organization which charges companies $$$ to be listed. The bigger you are the more money you pay.

They've got a good thing going for sure.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
......i hit with the EM.....
If you're talking about EM as in 'Expanded Microbes' used in the Japanese bokashi composting process, this product is nothing short of amazing.

You can also use EM to grow your own culture like yogurt. A little goes a long way in the bokashi paradigm.

Fresh Start

Great post guys. I'm using an all organic line from start to finish in coco. Not sure where the enzymes fit in to my recipes, but for the prices I'll think about it. some body archive this!

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
cool guys-i agree that enzymes aimed at ganja horticulturalists are expensive-especially if you're growing commercial style-but has anyone actually tried any of these pond cleaner type alternatives yet?
look foward to seeing some results

eddieS

Latest posts

Latest posts