What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please HELP ! My plants are dying, Nutrium deficiency ?

Krisho

I have an issue with my two plants, below you will find appended pics of the leaves they got. I bought a fertilizer with NPK 14-7-17 and small quantum of Fe, B, Zn and no Mg and Mn or Ca . So I guess the problem is lack of Mg, Mn or Ca. Three weeks ago the leaves started yellowing (I guess lack of Mg) ... Now almost all the leaves have brown on the edges... I really do not understand either i over fertilize them or is another problem ? Best check the images
Also lack of Calcium ?
I already put some broken eggs shells in the soil instead of Calcium dificiency and some fish bones... And for the lack of Mg I put some Mg soluble pills I am drinking after trainings... but it really doesnt help? I mean if I l dissolve them into water and give them to my plants do you think it is a good idea and will work properly ? I bought today a new BIO fertilizer. It is written it has many Organic Vitality Stimulants but it has low content of Mg and Ca...
Also I have Bat Guano fertilizer but I know is good to use it during the Flowering state and there are now in vegetation period ( two months old)
The seeds are Rays Choise brand
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Thanks a lot for the help guys !!!

Krisho

well it can be said that also looks as a Potasium deficiency but in my fertilizer 14-7-17 , the number of P is 7, should be pretty ok i guess ?
Here is a photo I maid 5 mins ago... looks terrible, I cut 10-15 leaves yesterday...
picture.php

P.S. Ph is okay, I made some tests... and thats not an issue...

YetiOG

well it can be said that also looks as a Potasium deficiency but in my fertilizer 14-7-17 , the number of P is 7, should be pretty ok i guess ?
Here is a photo I maid 5 mins ago... looks terrible, I cut 10-15 leaves yesterday...View Image

P.S. Ph is okay, I made some tests... and thats not an issue...

So I would ditch that food it sounds like crap. The ratio is not something I would ever pour into my dope plants anyway. Get some proper food and that should set them strait.

OH, do you test with a pen? If so get some reagent drops to verify the pen works

Krisho

Hey thank you very much for the reply. I made the ph test as it shown here: http://preparednessmama.com/testing-your-soil-ph-without-a-kit/ under #1 and everything looks quite fine. I really think it is some nutrion deficiency. About the fertilizer, yeah looks quite shit... but however should helps somehow... I bought today a new fertilizer : https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/alg-a-mic and I really hope it would help me, I think to use 2 ml/l and to add some extra Bat Guano to it. Hope it will help. Also I bought some dissolve Mg tablets to add.
Any suggestions

packerfan79

Veteran
Get real nutrients, not just some random shitty fertilizers . If you need to go super cheap, try Jack's and cal nit or maxibloom. These are not tomato plants. I have customers who buy clones and get mad when they get fried, or don't produce shit. I hear " you sold me shitty clones." My response, you know nothing about growing. My weed is bomb because I don't dick around, read and learn

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What you are seeing is a classic phosphorous deficiency as well as a calcium issue. Try to find a fert with more P than K. Ideally a 1-2-1 ratio formula! And maybe add some gypsum or powdered milk....

Krisho

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to grow bio, I know that will have an impact on the final output ( I am talking about less grams of weed, maybe weaker plant, smaller size of plant and etc. ) but I really like the natural taste. So far have grown only autoflowered seeds and havent had such issues.
The place where I am living is really hard to find a good fertilizer, so I compose my soil by adding some fish bones, egg shells, perlite and hydrotons.
that fertilizer wasnt so cheap (14 euro per 3 kg) . I fully agree it is not proper for growing weed but was the only one I found with such high levels of N-P-K... ( i know even those levels are kind of ridiculouis...)

Really hope Alc-A-Mic will help me

Krisho

I read many articles in internet about the phos. deficiency but one think is not happening with my plants- petiolis do not start exhibiting dark blue... they stay quite nice green.

According to this schedule: http://loudclouds.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg
Potassium deficiency looks very similar to my problem, but then comes the other issue that the shitty fertilizer I have, has a rate of 17 for Potassium (N-P-K 14-7-17)... so I do not believe it is so poor that does not help at all... And I really do not want to over fertilyze my plants...

What you are seeing is a classic phosphorous deficiency as well as a calcium issue. Try to find a fert with more P than K. Ideally a 1-2-1 ratio formula! And maybe add some gypsum or powdered milk....

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read many articles in internet about the phos. deficiency but one think is not happening with my plants- petiolis do not start exhibiting dark blue... they stay quite nice green.

According to this schedule: https://loudclouds.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg
Potassium deficiency looks very similar to my problem, but then comes the other issue that the shitty fertilizer I have, has a rate of 17 for Potassium (N-P-K 14-7-17)... so I do not believe it is so poor that does not help at all... And I really do not want to over fertilize my plants...

I grow organically (certified) commercial crops and have been helping a couple of the guys in your chosen profession. Your K is absurdly high for growing in veg.

Thanks for giving me the chuckle about Cervantes...

Try adding some bone meal if you want to stay organic. Do it on one plant so you learn. You all ready lost it.

On autos, the plants are autos because they auto stress, not requiring all the fertilizer that good genetics will require.

By the way, I produce more organically than most folks conventionally... keep reading!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And one last point, til you get your calcium up where it needs to go, everything will be deficient.

Krisho

I grow organically (certified) commercial crops and have been helping a couple of the guys in your chosen profession. Your K is absurdly high for growing in veg.

Thanks for giving me the chuckle about Cervantes...

Try adding some bone meal if you want to stay organic. Do it on one plant so you learn. You all ready lost it.

On autos, the plants are autos because they auto stress, not requiring all the fertilizer that good genetics will require.

By the way, I produce more organically than most folks conventionally... keep reading!

"You already lost it"... Cmon dude dont tell that !!! I cherish them so much... Still have hope it will get better. I bought some Epsom Salt (rich of Mg and Sulphur) and spray it + that organic new booster must help.
If the K value is too much, please tell me what is your ratio ?
I tried to stay close to this Krastalon Vega ratio. Please check here :
http://www.yara.de/pflanzenernaehru...ll-wasserlosliche-kristalon-nahrsalze-Remove/

P.S. One more thing, I tried to search info about moving plants position but couldnt find a lot about that... so do you guys think it is a huge stress for the plants if move them from one terrace to the other ? My flat looks East-West, so I got sun from 7 AM til 13:00 PM and then I move them from 14:00 till 20:00 to the other terrace westwards ??? I want to gather as much sunlight as they can.

So at the end where is the problem ? Phosphorus issue or Potassium ot Mg + Ca ?

Krisho

Please explain powdered milk ? Do you mean dried milk ? Is it due to the Ca ? What is the diff whether I give powder or normal liquid milk ? diff. rate of Ca ?

Thanks a lot !!!

packerfan79

Veteran
Sorry to bust your balls about the 2 threads. I seriously suggest you flush the shit out of those plants and then get some maxibloom, and maxi grow, or gh bloom and micro. Google rezdogs recipe, super easy with good results. Also you are lacking a lot of pertinent info such as lighting, soil type, temperatures. It's easier to help when their is a better idea of what's going on.

Organic is awesome, that being said I have never seen a new grower get decent results with organics. Learn with bottled or powder nutrients, proven nutrients, not just random stuff. It's safe to say if you bought your nutes at a hard ware or farm supply store your going to get crap bud. Once you learn to grow some good bud, then start your research and build an organic soil.you got to crawl befor you can walk.

Krisho

thanks for encouraging me Packerfan79 ! As I already said, I composed myself the soil from normal organic soil + fish bones + perlite and hydrotons. Few days ago I added some eggs shells. Temp is quite constant between 18 and 23 degree. I am living in North Germany so at that time of year it doesnt go frequently upper that 23-24. Light is only sun light and I sometimes when outer is too cloudy I turn on near the plants a small lamp I got in yellow red spectrum but its affect is probably negligible ( it is only 10 watts...) Please find above my explanation of moving the position of the plants from east to west almost every day and give me your suggestion ?

gorilla ganja

I hope you don't lose the plant Krisho. What kind is it?

I would just lay off all nutrients for awhile. Sounds like you have added enough for now.
Feed her ph-ed water for a couple weeks and see if you can save her. Let the dirt dry out a little between.

Take a few clones if you want to be safe. Also to practice on in separate soil mixes to see if you can figure out the soil problem.

Also no problem moving plants to catch more light.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

Krisho

hey gorilla ganja, thanks for the willing ! The brand is Rays Choice !

I will wait 2 more days to see if there is any effect of spraying with Mg and adding some new bio sea weed fertilizer. If that doesnt help will flush after two days.

troutman

Seed Whore
I would get a fertilizer rich in P like some people say to offset the fertilizer you have now and use them both together.

I mix match different fertilizers all the time.

Like if you have 2 different kind of nutrients and one is 0-10-0 and the other is
10-0-10. Equal parts of these 2 mixed together will create a 5-5-5 nutrient.

What you normally want is more P than N.

BTW: Adding bone meal will give you P and Calcium.

Hope this helps. :tiphat:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please explain powdered milk ? Do you mean dried milk ? Is it due to the Ca ? What is the diff whether I give powder or normal liquid milk ? diff. rate of Ca ?

Thanks a lot !!!

You can use either. It is full of P and Ca... even K! It works well. Apply at a 1 to 6 or 1 to 8 ratio with water.... 1 milk to 6 or 8 parts water...

You may save them, but they are going to be runts forever and a day...

YetiOG

Get real nutrients, not just some random shitty fertilizers . If you need to go super cheap, try Jack's and cal nit or maxibloom. These are not tomato plants. I have customers who buy clones and get mad when they get fried, or don't produce shit. I hear " you sold me shitty clones." My response, you know nothing about growing. My weed is bomb because I don't dick around, read and learn

Agreed