What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Dyna Gro feeding schedule

EvergreenState

I've used Dyna Gro for a couple of years and I've always had good luck with their nutes so I contacted them to ask them a question about using their stuff on my current grow.
I decided to try an all organic grow but I wanted their advice on using their products with an amended organic soil grow. The response I got was that their new schedule reflected how they recommended the use of their products for an amended organic soil grow.
I had only used water to feed my plants up to this point, about a week and a half in veg. but I wasn't happy with what I felt was a lack of vigor; the plants looked kind of tired to me.
So I gave them a feeding with the recommended products that I had in house; I didn't have any Foliage Pro but I ordered some and it's on it's way. I substituted grow for the foliage pro. and I also used the other products that they recommended for the first week of veg. I decided to start with the first week of veg. schedule even though they are in the second week of veg.
I gotta say all the plants I fed last evening looked a hell of a lot perkier(that's a technical term isn't it?) today. :2cents:

Attachments

• Dyna-Gro Hydro Feeding Chart 1-15-3.pdf
    191 KB · Views: 167

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hey evergreen im gonna be testing out dyna gro this year myself with foliage pro..i spoke to homebrewer and he said he only use foliage pro and protek all the way thur with no bloom and has had great results..im gonna be trying that as well this year on a few plants..thanks for the feed schedule

EvergreenState

On the old schedule the additional notes had a note saying to use the MagPro every third watering. The only time I ever had a problem with a Dyna Gro grow was when I didn't notice that note and used MagPro every watering. When I followed that advice and used the Mag PRO every third watering, I had no problems. I would advise following that older note regarding the MagPro.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hey ES im not gonna buy the magpro since im outdoor soil grower..im using fox farm ocean forest and happy frog as a base soil..i got some dolomite lime as well but i spoke with a dyna rep and he said i wouldnt need to add the dolomite or magpro that the FP has everthing in it..how much do u feed ur ladys as i know differnt strains require differnt things..i was thinking about doing 5ml or 1tsp per gallon ever 7 days but i also usually water 1 or 2 times in between that time unless i get some good rain each week..or would u think doing a like 1/2 tsp and and use the dyna each time?

I've been using DynaGro Grow and Bloom (outdoors) for the past two years...it's great stuff. My buds are nice and dense and, more importantly, they taste great.

EvergreenState

Kygiacomo I'm using the amounts of each nutrient that is recommended in the schedule for the time being. It's the first time I've used an amended organic soil with the dyna grow so until I see issues I'm going to follow the schedule. It's a pretty low ppm throughout so I don't expect any issues.
Kygiacomo I'd recommend you get together with Nadicus Maximus and learn how he feeds his outdoor girls. Also if the dyna grow rep. told you not to use the MagPro because your soil mixture has enough of that particular nutrient I'd follow that advice; magnesium is very easy to over feed and once you've gone too far with it you're pretty much fucked.
Get with Nadicus Maximus and benefit from his successful outdoor grows.

waveguide

Veteran
picked up bloom because so many people report good results..

my garden and containers are super micro. i mix water for them in a ~16 oz. container.. that's how small it is.

iirc bloom is like 1/4 tsp per gal ? a small amount..

anyway.. i poured it by hand into my container and obviously it's hard to pour such a small amount.. but i said fuck it and watered with that mix anyway. soon all my fan leaves turned to parchment and paper thin.. haha. so be real careful with using too much.

EvergreenState

No 1/4 teaspoon per gallon is a very low ppm and I have used much more than that in a soilless mix and never had any thing like that happen to me. Don't know what is going on with your grow to some thing like that to happen. The only thing I can think of, I know nothing else about your grow and I nothing about micro grows, is that you are growing a strain that is extremely sensitive to fertilization or maybe the fertilizer with your water caused a ph swing that wasn't adjusted back to a good ph range. As I said before a 1/4 teaspoon of bloom is a very low ppm.

EvergreenState

Waveguide I would guess a 1/4 teaspoon of bloom in gallon of water to have maybe tops a ppm of like 75 which is very weak. In any normal type of grow, not super micro, you shouldn't have any problems feeding with such a weak nutrient solution. Something else is going on there for you to have that kind of problem.
I was reading a yogurt cup contest thread where a guy used Dyna Grow nutes throughout in a hempy grow and he actually won that round of the contest. So those nutes can be successfully used in a micro grow.