What's new

Failed toxin test, how long till naturally clean?

Mr_Grimbo

I guess the question is how long does it take for MJ to leave the system. Just lost a good job because the Vale I tried did not work and I tested positive for MJ. I don't want to trust the things that say they work, I just want to know how long assuming I quit today will it take for me to test clean if I eat well and hydrate, like i usually do? Two weeks, a month, 6 months? Thanks for input, if it helps I am mid 50's, and not overweight, well, maybe 10 pounds but most would say I am skinny...

Thanks, Mr. Grimbo

WelderDan

Veteran
Up to 30 days depending on how heavy you smoke, metabolism, weight, and physical activity.

Your body holds cannabis metabolites in fatty tissue. Stop smoking, obviously. Exercise, and drink lots of fluids. You can get Cannabis test kits at most drugstores like Walgreens. They are pretty accurate too. After two weeks, get one and see how you do. Don't rely on cleansing teas, that shit is bogus. Time and fluids.

sdd420

Veteran
I've heard cardio can expedite the cleansing and lotsa water of course good luck

Mr_Grimbo

Just a note... I got a call this morning and my drug test was negative??? The lab told me yesterday it was positive, but work called and said they got the email and it wasn't. I don't know what to think except to say I know 4 other folks who used "Vale" to cover up for the test and all were negative. All of them like myself smoked heavily until 24 hours before the test... Confused but excited...

Mr. Grimbo

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just a note... I got a call this morning and my drug test was negative??? The lab told me yesterday it was positive, but work called and said they got the email and it wasn't. I don't know what to think except to say I know 4 other folks who used "Vale" to cover up for the test and all were negative. All of them like myself smoked heavily until 24 hours before the test... Confused but excited...

Mr. Grimbo

some companies (the GOOD ones) will hire if pot is all you show dirty on, esp. if you have a needed skill. most of the folks I talk to in personnel depts. can't WAIT for weed to be dropped from drugs they test for. they have to let good workers go, and can't hire others to take their places. fewer co's are drug testing now too. a few years ago, it was up over 80%, now it is in the 60s...:)

waveguide

Veteran
that's cool.

fuk shit in packages. milk thistle will help detox your liver so your system can function more efficiently. don't buy capsules, buy seed, grow some (easy) and eat the rest.

find someone who sells things in packages and beat them. then get on the internet and tell people about stuff not in packages so they stop making them rich.

nukklehead

some companies (the GOOD ones) will hire if pot is all you show dirty on, esp. if you have a needed skill. most of the folks I talk to in personnel depts. can't WAIT for weed to be dropped from drugs they test for. they have to let good workers go, and can't hire others to take their places. fewer co's are drug testing now too. a few years ago, it was up over 80%, now it is in the 60s...:)

Kind of wondered about that ... bout 3 years ago had to take a physical for a life insurance policy. Wasnt aware they were going to
screen me. I am a pretty healthy active in shape person. I know for
a fact I pissed dirty but aced the rest of the exam. Got the insurance
policy and heard nothing since. And yes they told me toxicology screen was involved
in the Urine test along with others.

Was looking for jobs a few years ago. Dont want to go into what industry. I live no where near California but through connections was encouraged to apply. The companies home base was in California
and the application asked if I had ever been convicted of a drug offense other then marijuana.... WTF I thought!! Long story short
found another job in the area (midwest).. quit for 25 days and passed.

Longest 25 days of my life... :biggrin:.. Wish these companies would get a grip. Have seen some of the best most reliable workers go down from positive thc tests with no other drugs. Still have to work with the asshole non productive alcoholics that make it to
work (almost) every day...

Tis our government...

Mr_Grimbo

This is State work so nobody gave me a break. There was a lot of confusion, I think they lost the chain of custody on mine and had to let it go. The company has a strict no pot and everyone gets tested. It's been crazy for weeks here as 50% of the folks who start, leave at lunch three days later after getting that white slip. Either way, I am working although my best friend got nailed and is quitting for 30 days and re-applying. The only difference is my bud has very little body fat, I am 5 foot 8 and about 165 so I have some body fat to store stuff...

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur

Mr. Grimbo

The expression don't look a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind.
Congrats:tiphat:

Mr_Grimbo

Up to 30 days depending on how heavy you smoke, metabolism, weight, and physical activity.

Your body holds cannabis metabolites in fatty tissue. Stop smoking, obviously. Exercise, and drink lots of fluids. You can get Cannabis test kits at most drugstores like Walgreens. They are pretty accurate too. After two weeks, get one and see how you do. Don't rely on cleansing teas, that shit is bogus. Time and fluids.

The person here is 20 years old and was an extreme athelete till about a year ago due to injury. With a ton of extra anxiety lately he went from 125 pounds to 102 in three weeks and then had to test, failed but quit immediately. We won't get another chance at this so I am wondering how long we should wait based on the fact that he has very little body fat.

Any help here would be great, he is dying to re-test and get back to work. Also do you think living in the house with an occasional smoker would get into his system enough to screw up a test?

Thanks, Mr. Grimbo

J-zee

Oooo man, been here before, a few times... What happened with me:
5'6" tall
140lbs
Very active
Smokes/smoked multiple times per day.
Found a new job that started in another state and i had about a month before i stated, knew the test was to be taken soon ( next 30 days) i quit smokin and started taking niacin every day to clean up, went every night to sweat my ass off in the hot tub... Found a private dr office that would test me when i wanted, 20 bucks
a pop. Long ass story and 30 days later i was still dirty as can be. I had to take a non lube condom n fill it up with a buddys clean piss n hide a small tac in my shoe to pop it with , bought the smallest pair of old man underwear i could fit on and stashed it under my balls to keep warm, if u want it on temp piss on the OUTSIDE of the cup on temp strip, if u are using the condom method and are dirty DO NOT piss in the cup to get warm n dump out, if u leave less than one drop u are done!!! Piss on outside of cup only. One drop will cost u ur job!!!
I do not trust fake pee.
I urge u if u did get questioned by anyone, never admit guilt and tell them that there is a mistake and u demand a retest.
Id personally say it would be up to 45-60 days for a person to piss clean no matter what body type if u are a daily smoker...
Good luck. U can do anything u set ur mind to.
And dress nice to ur drug test. And stay calm. Its ez'r than u think to bring in ur buddys piss if u dont have the time to clean up.
But remember these other assholes u work with cant get plowed on vodka and its fine with them but u getting baked and eating an abazaba bar is unacceptable... Or the office lady who is a fuckn nut bag and takes anti depressants all day , yah she's fine too, but u, ur not employable because u smoke a fuckn plant.

Can i get an Amen?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
But remember these other assholes u work with cant get plowed on vodka and its fine with them but u getting baked and eating an abazaba bar is unacceptable... Or the office lady who is a fuckn nut bag and takes anti depressants all day , yah she's fine too, but u, ur not employable because u smoke a fuckn plant.

Can i get an Amen?

Testifyin !

M

moose eater

The time THC takes to leave your system is dependent on a myriad of factors/variables.

Body fat?

Frequency of use?

Potency of product?

Hydration schedule?

When I worked in mental health with parolees who were tested regularly by their PO, they let each other know when the PO was headed into town, and engaged in a phone tree. With several persons each calling several persons, they managed to get the word out pretty quickly, and anybody who was using anything began chugging good old H2O.

Their saying was, "If your pee is yellow, you're in trouble fellow."

Back in the mid-90s, before Dr. John Morgan, M.D. died (Co-Author of Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts), we had a conversation, as I was testifying at a hearing and I wanted to know what was the EXTREME outside duration for which abstinence had been maintained, and a hot UA had popped on a cheapo EMIT test, followed by a positive confirmation with gas chromatography, etc.. I believe he stated his experience was 156 days.

That's not a COMMON time frame, but it involved someone who was isolated enough to KNOW they hadn't dabbled, they were obese, they'd been a regular user (daily, x's multiple times/day), of high-potency weed, & while isolated, they'd gone into a weight loss program.

Shedding fat cells while they're still holding the 'goods' sends the traces out through the system, just like anything else gets processed when you shed weight and it's stored in your fat.

Another fellow I personally knew claimed a similar story, and his extreme was 180 days. And yes, both cases involved the initial cheapo EMIT UA tests.

On average, if you're a regular smoker, but not chimney material, your body fat is minimal, you drink lots of water, and stay active, then 30-75 days is a safe bet.

Problem is, the cheaper tests they used back then (I can't speak with much authority on the newer tests, but assume cheap tests are cheap tests) had significant rates of both false positives and false negatives. Gas chromatography and/or mass spectrometry, however, are -fairly- solid.

But nothing's perfect.

Good luck.

M

moose eater

I neglected to add the other end of the spectrum. If you're an infrequent smoker, rarely indulge, or perhaps on the week-ends only and in modest amounts, are physically fit, hydrate regularly, active, etc., then sometimes folks in that lot can test negative in a matter of days or weeks.

The annoying part is not knowing until you know. Having your own kit that's at least as accurate as the other guy's (your prospective employer) helps, too.

HellOut$

I'm 180 lbs 6'1" tall, my consumption was approximately 2 g per day, when choosing strains to grow I usually base my decision on what is most potent out of what's available at the dispensary, currently in the process of looking for a new job, started by First not smoking, for the first 30 days I took 1000 mg of niacin every day, this stuff was nasty, it made my skin turn bright red it made me itchy all over my ribs and back. after 35 days I took an over-the-counter urinalysis test that tests only for marijuana this is $20. It came up positive. I stopped taking it niacin immediately,approximately 10 days later I decided to try another test and I came up negative,it's since been over 60 days since I last smoked and I'm just got a call regarding the job that I really want and when I went for the interview they gave me a crummy mouth swab test that from what I'm told I could've stop smoking for 18 hours and still passed. Up side is I got 4 extra jars to get caught up... I would like to close by saying herb is rad and I am a valuable employee......

Latest posts

Latest posts