What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal Silver For Outdoors Questions

BioBucket-4life

I've been doing searches for doing colloidal silver on outdoor grows and keep finding indoor threads across various sites. So my question(s) is do I follow the indoor instructions and apply it to outside (at first sex sign, spray once a day till sacs form and collect and store till needed)? If yes, then thank you. Another question is there a way or time to create sacs to pollinate my chosen girls without having to go through the hassle of storing and pollinating them myself? I'd ideally like to just spray till sacs and then let nature do the rest, then collect seeds as they come. Thank you for your time, take care and good luck!!

Ickis

Veteran
I am going to be trying it this year. I am going to start spraying August 1st and spray STS every 7 days until males flowers appear.

You would need to spray more often. Possibly every day.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spray at least once a day, possibly in the morning or in the night. Water should stay there for a while to let the silver enter the plant.

:wave:

BioBucket-4life

Thank you, for the spraying recommendations. Any thoughts on when to spray so I can just let nature do the rest and not hassle with pollen collecting? If I don't get any info on that I guess I'll experiment with first sex sign on one (keep some pollen and let the rest go to nature) and spray another a couple weeks into fruiting. If I remember I'll post my observations here.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you, for the spraying recommendations. Any thoughts on when to spray so I can just let nature do the rest and not hassle with pollen collecting? If I don't get any info on that I guess I'll experiment with first sex sign on one (keep some pollen and let the rest go to nature) and spray another a couple weeks into fruiting. If I remember I'll post my observations here.

Probably you'll have to open male flowers by your hands. Unlike regular male, a reversed female produce bananas that often remain close without releasing pollen.

I can suggest you to do this everytime you can, taking some flowers and open them directly on the target flowers/plants. You need some time to spend for this.
You can also dry your male flowers, grind them, filter only the pollen and then apply to female flowers, but I prefer a fresh impollination.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See how many bananas are there, and no one is open. I had to take them and open on the females, having care to hit all the targets.

In outdoor environment I can suggest you to avoid wind when doing it.

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One more to show you the difference and why you have to open male flowers:

The first image is a regular autoflowering male starting open its flowers. The second is a reversed female.

picture.php

picture.php

Hope it helps :)

BioBucket-4life

Thank you so much! I feel that my inquiries have been answered. I'd give all who helped rep but don't see the button. Anyroad, thank you all! Take care, stay safe and good luck!

rexamus616

Veteran
I've done it a couple of times now, no worries....

Even with a week of constant rain!

Just went down to the garden every night with a torch, and sprayed them all over. I also used some detergent in the solution (to help it stick to the leaves) with no ill effects....

Also - with the opening the flowers etc.... I think it depends on the strain... My sativa dominant clone's male flowers opened by themselves, most of them hanging as in the above pictures, while my more indica dominant plants needed help to release the pollen...

And try not to pick them too early - sometimes, even when the male flowers have opened (particularly with hard-to-open flowers) the pollen has not 'matured' yet and seems 'wet' and 'waxy' like pumpkin flower's pollen.

Best of luck!