What's new

sts reversal of fresh cuttings?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it possible or feasible to take a cutting and spray it with sts then let it root under 12/12 to obtain a small amount of pollen?

Ickis

Veteran
I know you can flower a unrooted cutting. I don't know why I never saw anybody try this before because it should be possible.

You should try it. This would be a new break through and very useful for the home gardener that wants to make a few s1s.

This is brilliant Tony. This idea will be forever linked to you if it works. It should work.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im going to try. we'll see how it goes. Got some white s1 im tossing in flower so I'll take a branch and see how it goes.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Hi Tony,
It works, but the clone may not root properly... but who cares, right?
Unlike with normal clones, I wouldn't use plain water with rooting hormones but some diluted vitamins instead; I used a mix for aquaria fish & plants 'Dennerle S7' and if deficiencies show don't hesitate to add some diluted fertiliser (can boost shoot growth at the expense of root formation). Use rooting hormones only if you want to keep the clone, because they may interfere with flowering and likely but temporarily stunt growth/stretch.

Last edited:

Only Ornamental

Veteran
...to take a cutting and spray it with sts...
Tony, I would suggest you don't even spray the STS but add it directly to the water in the vase. Works well with flower bouquets to increase their vase-life and has exactly the same mechanism of action you need for 'sex reversal' ;) .

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Hi Tony,
I just remembered an older post of mine which could be of interest to you: CLICK ME
This product might be better suited because it's easy to use and way more stable than silver solutions. It's something you simply add to the water in the vase.
I'd love to give it a try to see if it works on cannabis but alas, I can't get it in Europe.