What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Today is a sad day...

bobblehead

Veteran
I've officially killed my first set of bonsai hero trimmers. :moon:

I've been using these trimmers for the past 3 years now... I went to fire them up today, and nothing. I checked the connections... Nothing. This was no time to panic though, my trusty heroes have never let me down. I happen to have a spare 12v power supply, surely its the cheap chinese power supply failing me. I get the heroes plugged into the second power supply, and nothing. No life left in them.

This is a tribute thread to one of the greatest trimming tools I've come across... I'll be ordering another bonsai hero ASAP.
attachment.php

attachment.php

R.I.P. Bonsai Hero. You'll be missed, until the next one arrives...
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 13
Nice bud....I got a set of these trimmers a while back on your recommendation, and I love them. I don't know if the guy specifically designed these for cannabis or adapted them from something else, but either way, he is a genius cause they are great trimmers.

bobblehead

Veteran
I just finished tearing apart my trimmers... and after I get the replacements, I'm gonna see about getting a replacement motor for the dead set. Mine are 3 years old and the motor is out of production. I might be able to just call Maxon Motor... but this is just a side project. I have more important things to handle right now... but it looks like the motor might only be $60, on a $360 trimmer. I'm not gonna throw the old one out just yet... they still might live again!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I just finished tearing apart my trimmers... I'm gonna see about getting a replacement motor for the dead set. I'm not gonna throw the old one out just yet... they still might live again!

You are one cheap SOB. You cheap cheap cheap, cheapest I ever see.

bobblehead

Veteran
You are one cheap SOB. You cheap cheap cheap, cheapest I ever see.

I learn from the best... and if I manage to rebuild my hero, I'm sure the members I've encouraged to buy their own units will be grateful... B/c theirs are next in line to die... After trimming multiple lbs. :D

New motor inbound... I just wish I could get the new LED cap! I think that's a custom piece.

I learn from the best... and if I manage to rebuild my hero, I'm sure the members I've encouraged to buy their own units will be grateful... B/c theirs are next in line to die... After trimming multiple lbs. :D

New motor inbound... I just wish I could get the new LED cap! I think that's a custom piece.
Custom piece? When I saw it I thought "PVC endcap and a 2 dollar 12v license plate bolt LED." LOL

I better stay outta Thailand. :cathug:

Big John

You had me going with that thread title bobblehead :biggrin: Gonna have to order some of those slick new led bonsai heroes myself!

D

DaveTheNewbie

When I was in Thailand a chick screamed at me "You cheap Charlie, you cheapest I ever see. You cheap cheap cheap I see no cheaper."

heh i was tempted to start a "stories from thailand" thread. But then i decided it would just incriminate me.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today just became a happy day! Ichy and I have some new trimmers on the way! :D
View Image
wow! didnt get leds on mine when i bought them last year,,great service from hans,,,,first set of bonzais packed up but sent back and returned,,not had a problem since,,the bonsais are a great bit of kit and you can trim quick when you get your style down,,kinda like shaving,,,nice one bobblehead,,,,s2

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I completely agree the bonsai hero trimmer are badass I just dont understand where the $550.00 price tag comes from?

A DC power supply, a pair of blades attached to gears and a DC motor.

They are advertising a 56w LED light for $500.00. They do back it up with claims but I have been reading LED mfgs claims since 2008. Not trash talking but those prices do not seem realistic in my book.

None the less I would like to have some bonsai hero trimmers and I fully believe the people that use them that they are nice but they either need a better manufacturing process or better cost effective materials.

$550 for a set of DC powered reciprocating scissors? Nikola Tesla would be rolling in his grave.

bobblehead

Veteran
I completely agree the bonsai hero trimmer are badass I just dont understand where the $550.00 price tag comes from?

A DC power supply, a pair of blades attached to gears and a DC motor.

They are advertising a 56w LED light for $500.00. They do back it up with claims but I have been reading LED mfgs claims since 2008. Not trash talking but those prices do not seem realistic in my book.

None the less I would like to have some bonsai hero trimmers and I fully believe the people that use them that they are nice but they either need a better manufacturing process or better cost effective materials.

$550 for a set of DC powered reciprocating scissors? Nikola Tesla would be rolling in his grave.

What's up Benny?

Edison created DC electricity, Tesla created AC electricity, which Edison later procured the patents for. Wouldn't it be Edison rolling over in his grave? :)

The trimmers alone are $360 shipped, and you can get a power supply for $20 from China on Ebay.

Replacement motors aren't too expensive... I found a potential replacement on ebay for $45. I figured it was worth a shot at saving a few bucks... Otherwise I'll have to speak with the fine people at maxon motors to find a suitable replacement.

While I agree the cost is slightly prohibitive... You have to understand that this is a boutique dealer. Bonsai heroes aren't mass produced in a factory in China. The components are very high end. Maxon motors has a reputation for building the best electric motors available. The motor alone retails for $60-120. You're paying for the concept, and the time spent developing the idea.

Anyway, to keep this short... These trimmers are well worth the money when I can get my wet trimming done in 1/3 of the time. I don't grow on a personal scale. They have more than paid for themselves in my situation. If you're not trimming more than 1lb regularly, they might not be worth the investment for you.

C

Carlos Danger

I hadn't realized the cost. At $500 you better fix that motor up!

SRGB

bobblehead:

Edison created DC electricity, Tesla created AC electricity, which Edison later procured the patents for.

Hi, bobblehead.

Slightly off-topic post, here. For histoical accuracy, not certain if Edison (and, or, perhaps persons at his laboratories) can be attributed with having `created` direct current electricity. There might be evidence that it has been used for thousands of years (See Dendera Temple Complex, et al.; The Ancient Egyptian Light bulb theforbiddenknowledge . com/chaptera/ harunyahya . com/en/Technological-Advances-of-Ancient-Ages/13770/light-bulbs-were-used-for). That does not even reach the proposition that `pyramids` around the globe and selected sites on this planet being employed, in part, as power generators, and a global power generation and, or, communication grid.

Tesla was prolific with bringing his ideas to tangible, `modern` form (and, perhaps, re-deploying ancient technologies); including developing wireless communications, and perhaps using running water and, or magnetism, as a part of the generation process (See Ed Leedskalnin`s Coral Castle documentation references to Tesla coralcastlecode . com/id44.html historicaltruth.weebly . com/secret-sciences.html).

It might be possible that both DC and AC, and other technologies, were well understood and used thousands of years ago; prior to the `Industrial Revolution`.

Kind regards,
/SRGB/

Latest posts

Latest posts