What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trudeau: I Want to Legalize Weed, but They Won’t Let Me

EastCoastIndica

okay, but the question no one seems to want to answer is, looking at bill Blair's history, regardless of how he got the position , does his behavior during and after G20 not give every freedom loving hard working honest Canadian a disturbed feeling?

Yes it does give cause for concern. However I can't begin to imagine the pressure and responsibilities of being police chief in the largest city in Canada, not to mention having to deal with the hordes of protestors during the G20, especially when all the past G20's have shown that a percentage of the protestors are/were violent hooligans(Black Bloc and FFFC) who would do all in their power to burn/destroy/create a fuss in the city. As a tax payer I don't want any of my money going to rebuild/repair because a bunch of people decided to throw a tantrum and physically destroy property and put peoples safety in danger. It doesn't excuse the police for anything that happened, but at the time protesters were rioting, lighting fires, 40 businesses had been damaged to a tune of $1.6 million and police officers injured by the crowd so I can see both sides of the story.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
So what do you guys think about this? The gov. isn't going to repeal the court decision, and is going to allow people under MMPR to grow
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-marijuana-medical-idUSKCN0WQ2F8

Pleasantly surprised by this for sure.
folks like me can rest easy with news like this, but all our brothers and sisters who didn't get in on the mmpr licenses will still be crimminals. That doesn't sit well with me.
I'm also VERY against the commercialized marijuana industry as I know that the corporate entities behind them are lobbying government to ban mmpr and recreational growing. I know one of these rich ass phat cats personally , related to me in fact, and he's just a money grubbing dirtbag LOL (not saying they all are)

I think, despite some friction in this thread, we all want the same thing really. I'm a pretty outspoken guy, and not always right, so no offense meant to anyone. These topics just get my blood going LOL

Pleasantly surprised by this for sure.
folks like me can rest easy with news like this, but all our brothers and sisters who didn't get in on the mmpr licenses will still be crimminals. That doesn't sit well with me.
I'm also VERY against the commercialized marijuana industry as I know that the corporate entities behind them are lobbying government to ban mmpr and recreational growing. I know one of these rich ass phat cats personally , related to me in fact, and he's just a money grubbing dirtbag LOL (not saying they all are)

I think, despite some friction in this thread, we all want the same thing really. I'm a pretty outspoken guy, and not always right, so no offense meant to anyone. These topics just get my blood going LOL

Yeah, well to be honest it's not too hard to get an MMPR card so if you wanted to grow, and had $400 laying around just visit a dispensary with a Doctor in it and you're good to go. I absolutely believe there will be a rise in the number of people registered with MMPR as soon as there is a lift on the growing ban for MMPR patients. Which will probably be either accompanied with a decline in dispensaries because they will no longer have as many customers, or there will be more LEGITIMATE compassion clubs that will offer lower rates, and higher quality than the majority of the dispensaries. Not to say that dispensaries will be outright gone, but there will definitely be a culling of the weak and low quality dispensaries, most likely before recreational. I don't see any of those surviving for that long, especially if the streets are flooded with high quality indo and outdoor at cheap prices.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
If you have a legitimate medical use sure. Most don't, and if you don't you shouldn't be abusing the mmpr system by saying you are sick, especially if you are being commercial in your grow, like probably 3/4s of those licences already out there. I have seen countless examples of abuse of the system to make money selling weed.

Jhhnn

Veteran
If you have a legitimate medical use sure. Most don't, and if you don't you shouldn't be abusing the mmpr system by saying you are sick, especially if you are being commercial in your grow, like probably 3/4s of those licences already out there. I have seen countless examples of abuse of the system to make money selling weed.

It's more than a bit impolitic to say that, don't you think?

What does it matter in the context of progress towards full legalization?

People who use cannabis for whatever reason stood up for med users when the opportunity arose even when they couldn't see anything in it for themselves. The reverse needs to be true, as well. There wouldn't be legal med users w/o the rest of us.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but no FYGM, please.

Limeygreen

Veteran
When people claim to be sick and aren't but instead use the system of medical it discredits many who need it. I have seen people with huge plant counts for something they did not need it for simply because they had a slight diagnosis 20 years ago but with no current problem.

With the move towards legalization it becomes more important that medical users and recreational are separate groups that support each other. Medical users should have better options and coverage like any other drugs covered by health canada instead of being marginalized.

I hold no permit or license, even though it would be easy for me get, i might need one but not enough for me to go through the system when there are people with more pertinent illnesses. Until such a time that I would need one I refuse to apply simply for the fact I have seen too many abuses of the system and leaves those with legitimate illnesses questioned and treated like drug dealers, there is no FYGM in this argument in my opinion, only a need for better patient rights as well as basic human rights of those who like to smoke a joint or eat a cookie.

Jhhnn

Veteran
When people claim to be sick and aren't but instead use the system of medical it discredits many who need it. I have seen people with huge plant counts for something they did not need it for simply because they had a slight diagnosis 20 years ago but with no current problem.

With the move towards legalization it becomes more important that medical users and recreational are separate groups that support each other. Medical users should have better options and coverage like any other drugs covered by health canada instead of being marginalized.

I hold no permit or license, even though it would be easy for me get, i might need one but not enough for me to go through the system when there are people with more pertinent illnesses. Until such a time that I would need one I refuse to apply simply for the fact I have seen too many abuses of the system and leaves those with legitimate illnesses questioned and treated like drug dealers, there is no FYGM in this argument in my opinion, only a need for better patient rights as well as basic human rights of those who like to smoke a joint or eat a cookie.

I get that protecting legit MMJ users from authoritarian excess has always been a rightful priority. Legalization moves beyond that & it's been the availability provided by other sources pushing it. If there were no illicit weed there would be no larger acceptance of the need to legalize. We all need to recognize & accept that abuse of the system is a primary source of weed. Growers will use whatever cover they can find.

When people can use cannabis for no reason it strengthens the position of those who have reasons.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway

for myself, I was crushed in a work place accident on a bridge building site. Separating my tailbone from my pelvis, totally destroying my Sacroilliac joints. I was given a grave diagnosis for a future life full of pain and a complete departure from my physical lifestyle. this coupled with sever allergies to many helpful medications, I found relief in Cannabis. I can thank good quality cannabis for my recovery, the quality of life I have managed, my happy marriage, my good friends and just a general feeling of hope instead of the depression I see many others with after life changing injuries like mine. No pills for this camper, weed only.... and the odd aged rum LOL
I'm most certainly not abusing the system, but working with what we have, so I can live in the sticks, and keep the cost and quality of my medicine at a level I can afford and manage. Everyone should have this right.
Also, I live so far off the beaten path, there's no one to sell any weed to anyways, so I've kept it to outdoor greenhouse the past bunch of years. with the recent court decision, fuk it, I'm bringin it back indoors ;)

CoCoSativas

Im not getting anymore license bullshit i had one for the new system and it was crap the old system was too... no wonder it was rife with abuse they didnt screen people properly and loads of people took it as an opportunity to abuse which is why they wanted to dump the system it wasnt working as intended.

Im all for people with legit need having plants but some of the "patients" ive met have like oz a day scripts which allows them hundreds of plants they dont need. So im not getti g involved in any regulation fuck them ill quietly grow my weed legal or not and continue to enjoy what im doing without nosys poking around.

I hope those who want to grow legal get that opportunity, though legal or not im growing i dont care... im certainly not giving my name so when they change their mind they shut everyone down i wont be effected.

Good luck with the legal battle guys

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It's more than a bit impolitic to say that, don't you think?

What does it matter in the context of progress towards full legalization?

People who use cannabis for whatever reason stood up for med users when the opportunity arose even when they couldn't see anything in it for themselves. The reverse needs to be true, as well. There wouldn't be legal med users w/o the rest of us.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but no FYGM, please.

And its fine to say, its easy for anyone to get a card, and seem to advocate towards it? It doesnt sound like the guy i responded to meant only for medical patients, it sure sounded like he was saying anyone should do it.

EL ROBUSTO

Spot on limeygreen there are those that will abuse regardless of which category they fall into.
All that will lead to is more regulations and fees because if they can't distinguish between us they will just group as all together and deal with us accordingly.

EL ROBUSTO

every post you make you berate and insult those with whom you seem to have some issues understanding.
I could care less if you agree, disagree.......
and every time you have tried to "peg" me with who you think I am or where I come from in Canada, you've been wrong.

Do "YOU" know who bill blair is?
I think another real good question, considering where you are from in your location, and you don't know where Tynehead is ?
hmmmm.

I'm just one guy, taking part in a discussion, if I'm going to be treated with disrespect and childish insults with every post, well, i'll just keep my posts here to the grow forums and leave you to keep your head in the sand.
bill Blair is an enemy, whether you see that or not is not my problem.

For those of you who are adults and conduct yourself accordingly, and are of a free thinking mind, use your google fu and type in Bill Blair G20. have a good read about this man.

cheers folks.

No worries Tyne there are those of us who know exactly who Bill Blair is and by the way I have no problems following your SENTAGRAPHS (LOL grammar nazis seriously)!?!?!?!?!!!!!
Just so you know it's taking every fibre of my being to try and stay positive on this one so I'll end it now before it's too late!!!!!

EL ROBUSTO

okay, but the question no one seems to want to answer is, looking at bill Blair's history, regardless of how he got the position , does his behavior during and after G20 not give every freedom loving hard working honest Canadian a disturbed feeling? Regardless of the party in charge and whether or not I like them or voted for them. Seeing a man like Blair appointed the positions he has been , gives this Canadian zero confidence in this government fulfilling it's election promise in any term. I know I'm not the only one who believes it was all a ruse and I'm not the only one who wished they never registered with health Canada for a personal medical grow.
judges may force the goverments hand, but they will not be forced willingly.

if you don't like what I type, fair enough, let's discuss, but I didn't type it to stir the pot or make anyone tilt. respond as you wish but do us all a favour and leave the insults out of it.

Bill Blair is not the guy we want or need!!!!!!

EL ROBUSTO

I just wish our northern cousins the best of luck with this.

Our experience in CO is that limited & anonymous personal growing is a very important part of the deal. It grounds everything in reality. It hugely limits the authorities, changes the rules in a fundamental way. They'll need a lot more than the smell of pot to bust down anybody's door because that person might have a legal garden. That's why the anonymous part is so important. No registration, no fees, no nothing. No technicalities. We consent to nothing more than everybody else. Other than people dealing, reeking out the neighborhood, doing stupid shit, or very bad luck, Denver cops have no interest in truly small growers.

If what a person wants from growing is just plenty to smoke & to share then CO plant count limitations will readily provide it, anyway, even if you're not a great gardener.

Everybody should have it at least this good. It's worth fighting for.

We're going to need all the luck we can get and then some!!!!!!

EL ROBUSTO

Mildly concerning, though who can judge until they release the new regulations.

Apologies for making personal attacks. I believe what I say but shouldn't let emotion/feeling detract from a discussion.

I don't care for Bill Blair's appointment for the same reasoning you've listed Tyne, but I'm a patient optimist (or pretend to be at times) and will await the outcome to really judge/celebrate/cry foul, as above.

Blair's appointment may be a nod to the RCMP, Trudeau seems fixed on having one of every colour and design at his side. He may well be fulfilling a mandate as opposed to leading by his own ideas/values.

Just spitballin'.

Time will tell.

I would guess mandate, he's an entertainment now figurehead politico!!
And if his ideas/values happen to be in line with the mandate BONUS if not well then he'll just tow the party line like all good figureheads. :biggrin:

EL ROBUSTO

Yeah, well to be honest it's not too hard to get an MMPR card so if you wanted to grow, and had $400 laying around just visit a dispensary with a Doctor in it and you're good to go. I absolutely believe there will be a rise in the number of people registered with MMPR as soon as there is a lift on the growing ban for MMPR patients. Which will probably be either accompanied with a decline in dispensaries because they will no longer have as many customers, or there will be more LEGITIMATE compassion clubs that will offer lower rates, and higher quality than the majority of the dispensaries. Not to say that dispensaries will be outright gone, but there will definitely be a culling of the weak and low quality dispensaries, most likely before recreational. I don't see any of those surviving for that long, especially if the streets are flooded with high quality indo and outdoor at cheap prices.

Yup there are those that are going to make more money than you could ever imagine, there are also those that are going to be swallowed up by others some in a good way some in a not so good way, then there will be those that will lose everything and then some!!!!!!!!

EL ROBUSTO

Ain't that the truth and then some!!!!!!!