What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana ‘hash oil' explosions on rise

supermanlives

Veteran
I did runs every weekend for like 2 years back east. had 33 acres. did it outside. and yes not having carpeting doesn't guarantee a static charge you clothes an hair can cause it too I didn't use my extraction fan for welding I just pointed a box fan blowing it away.. the thing being is even if I had an explosion I would of been the only one hurt. not my property or any peeps. bho is safe if done right and if you do it outside if you fuck up your the only one affected. I don't really care as I don't do it anymore.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
The problem is not making BHO. The main issue is the disinformation of the whole process imho.
:yeahthats

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Thank you Prohibition for choking off the free flow of information. Thank you Prohibition for making a simple process dangerous for so many people.

Keep it Clean! :D

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I always make BHO outside, sober and aware of sparks and intruders. I don't make it very often, but when I do it is outside.

I wonder if the guy lit a smoke in the bathroom while making it or something.

I know a guy that drips his BHO into a metal pan, places a large plexiglass piece on top of that with a vacuum pump attached to suck out the BHO. I asked him about the spark of his vacuum and he shrugged it off. With the sealed vacuum in the pan with the plate and a spark from the vacuum pump he is essentially making a bomb. And just because he got away with it doesn't mean he always will. The pieces inside of motors wear and when they wear they arc, when they arc they ignite the gas and blow his ass up with the bomb he made.

BigBudBill

Except for the fact that you apparently didn't understand a word I said. Never said anything about "banning" it, although I can assure you that if you keep turning a blind eye to the meth heads that are blowing themselves up making it, it will absolutely be demonized to the worst degree. Are you someone who shouldn't be making it? Have I touched a nerve or something?

My stance has to do with nothing BUT keeping cannabis on the road to legalization. The rest of you ass clowns who want to equate this to gun rights or whatever other libertarian crap are the enemies of the plant, in my opinion.

Maybe I should reiterate here: BHO should not be made by idiots. That is 99% of people, so statistically I am talking to you. BHO itself is not bad. If you don't have a lab, make an extract with another solvent. Butane is not for children who think they can do whatever they want with reckless regard for their neighbors and pets. Butane should be used by qualified people with qualified equipment and facilities.

But if you want to equate cannabis concentrates to bomb-making in the eyes of society, then yes, continue turning a blind eye to explosions, and keep shutting up the guy who has the balls to point out what's happening.

HUH???

Originally Posted by hush
I will also physically harm anyone who I find out is actively making it in his house. Someone has to take on this role, because innocent family members, neighbors, and dogs are being harmed or killed because of these idiots.

Yeah, sorry not ban. just threat of violence. My bad.......
:snap out of it: Care to address the above underline bolded section of your quote partner?

positivity

Veteran
Geez...

I wish bho never came around. Just making the Mary Jane scene look bad and giving the opposition to legalization more ammo

I did make some outdoors once since my gf thought it would be a cool b day present. Smoked some, got way too stoned, and felt like a crackhead with all my new paraphernalia .

End of story....threw away bho supplies and bought a bubble bag kit. So much more enjoyable

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Geez...

I wish bho never came around. Just making the Mary Jane scene look bad and giving the opposition to legalization more ammo

I did make some outdoors once since my gf thought it would be a cool b day present. Smoked some, got way too stoned, and felt like a crackhead with all my new paraphernalia .

End of story....threw away bho supplies and bought a bubble bag kit. So much more enjoyable

Yawn. I wish religion never came around. Tried it once and felt like a crackhead with all kinds of paranoid lies running around my head. Threw away the propaganda never went back to church and feel much more content with life.

I have purchased 5 gal and 20 gal sets of bubble bags and the product is nothing close to winterized and vac purged BHO.

:joint:

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
I like some nice fullmelt as much as the next guy but the whole bubble-snobbery went out the window since people have started to make oil right.

If you oil isn't more flavorful, stronger, and smoother then your bubblehash then you are fucking up. Figure out how to do things right then rejoin the convo ;)

FatherEarth

Veteran
JO,

I cant get the same thing with bubble bags as I get with the closed system Im using. Not even close. Certainly the ways of Babylon have taken my cannabis to another level of potency. Dont forget that ALL of the said "chems" were created by the earth, delivered to you by man. As for the medical aspect of it, your bubble bags will never be able to provide the medicine(s) that come from properly made BHO. Not hating on bubble as I used to make lots of it and really enjoy it. To each their own... but for the record you cant compare the two.~

FE

If I hadnt reacted to the BHO crusader and posted.. I would have remembered not to feed the "BHO explosion" trolls.

Troll(s)
Oh man another
( add insulting moniker) blew himself up. BHO is bad. Bad dabs.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
For me, dabbing is too close to synthetic cannabinoids, which I had a really bad addiction to. It was literally hell to get off of.

I mean I do like to put some shatter or wax on top of a bowl of OG or something, but using the dab rig properly with a torch and that "instant high", along with the accompanying heart palpitations and eventual nodding out just gets too close to the head-crushing synthetic cannabinoid or opiod high for me. I'm not a fucking junky. And I am not a sick, weak person in chronic pain that needs that heavy of medication.

Also, I have asthma and dabs fuck up my lungs big-time. I know that purged oil is supposed to be cleaner and all, but something in weed other than cannabinoids help my lungs expectorate all the mucus and junk in my lungs AS I SMOKE. When I dab or even just smoke lots of oil I get a super heavy feeling in my lungs, and I end up wheezing all night... bugs me, I can't get solid sleep and gets kinda scary.

My friends that produce dabs can't get high off dank bud, and almost non of them even care about smoking herb... all they want is that insta-crackabis type high that only dabs give.

Seems like "chasing the dragon" isn't far away. I hope to God no-one introduces them to THAT bitch.

:hotbounce

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
^The cherry pie wax that you have pictures of looks like garbage. If some wax that dark was offered to me, I would without a doubt turn it down, no way to tell if it's clean by looking at it and from the way you describe it hits I'm sure it's not and is absolutely GROSS. Like I said, learn to make it right then rejoin the convo.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
ya, the deep lung tickle is tane

Also... I find so many advantages to smoking mostly oil, it's going to be different person to person man, so calling it "crackabis" is absolutely ridiculous.

For me, oil is so much more functional than ripping bowls of flowers. No matter what flowers I smoke I will get a lil burnt out a few hrs after, I didn't used to notice it until I started smoking erl.. Then all of sudden it had more energy throughout the day, with an all around "clearer" high. That's the best way I can describe oil vs flowers, oil is clearer & flowers feel muddier.

Beyond how it makes me actually feel, the fact is I'm not combusting anything, and I get where I need to be off 3-4 puffs, versus 3-4 bowls.

To each his own.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
I have access to "The Clear".

My friends all make oil, I live in SF. The Clear messes up my lungs as well.

It is not the butane that bugs my lungs, it is concentrated THC oil.

------------

Good luck with your HARD DRUG addiction (hash oil is a hard drug, just like Heroin)

Believe me, if you ever run out you will be hurting BAD. A heavy cannabinoid addiction is a bitch to come off of, esp when weed doesn't work cause your tolerance is messed up.

------------

I guess your gonna tell me this is crap too... "Veganic Strawberry Cough" shatter...

Shatter.jpg

I'll broker this junky shit, but I won't dab anymore.

Shit is too hardcore, and I hate fucking up my tolerance... I like plain old dank weed and all the flavors and smells that come with it.

-------------

Also, thanks for ruining the environment by throwing all you used cans out everywhere BUT a hazardous waste receptacle. (How many of you just take your used cans to the dump?)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
------------

Good luck with your HARD DRUG addiction (hash oil is a hard drug, just like Heroin)

Believe me, if you ever run out you will be hurting BAD. A heavy cannabinoid addiction is a bitch to come off of, esp when weed doesn't work cause your tolerance is messed up.

------------

Not going to tell you that the product above is trash, however it appears to have a shit ton of waxes left in it.

You've heard of GrayWolf? He is a 65+ year old engineer and can take dabs better than a dozen 20 somethings. His winterized purged BHO is second to none.

I can tell you from personal experience that you can smash dabs all day long, every day, and NOT have any WITHDRAWALS if you run out.

I really wish you would tone down your BHO = hard drug BS. I challenge you to demonstrate THC withdrawal related illness.

Your screen name is awesome. How about you pay tribute to Mr. Paine by re-reading and then using some Common Sense?

:joint:

Thomas Paine

Veteran
If you think cannabinoids, esp extracts are not addictive, you are very very wrong.

I am heavily addicted to them (weed / weed products). I realized it when I ended up in jail. And again when I had to go to a court ordered 30 day rehab. I was suicidal by the fourth day of not smoking. By the end of the first week I felt literally insane, wanted to kill everybody.

You should be honest with yourself, and you cannot speak for Grey Wolf.

-------------

BTW - It is not Butane that is messing up my lungs, I know for a fact...

I used to be a piece of shit junky alcoholic looser, and did every drug imaginable, including huffing gas.

One of the strongest gasses to "huff", is butane. It gets you fucking SO HIGH. Extremely hallucinatory - Like so high I would look over and see me dead Grandma sitting next to me, but her head was a Zebra and she was talking in reverse.

Not just a couple huffs, but multiple cans all day long.
At night my lungs were fine, no wheezing and hacking.

So if you think smoking THC/CBD/THCV sticky sap is not bad for your lungs, you are delusional.

Smoking any burning smoke is bad for your lungs.

I have asthma, I have to watch what i put in my lungs and I make mental notes about what messes with me.

Paper bags have no butane in them, but they are bad for you lungs if you inhale the burning smoke.

-----------

Hash Oil (and any extracted cannabinoids) are hard drugs. Period.

Ask any addiction expert, police officer, or judge.

I know, I know - your not a junky, your not a hard drug user - you really aren't. Other people maybe, but not YOU.

--------

As someone that has used Heroin, and in particular smoked "black tar", I know that "nodded-out" half awake dream state of perfect nothingness, where nothing matters, just a sweet cotton headed soft head space where my brain can do sommersaults free of earthly worries.

It is the same space that dabs get me too (as well as the synthetic crap like AM-2201 and 5F-UR144). It's all the same - and I end up chasing that nodded out, half asleep high all day long.

DABS , Black Tar Heroin , Benzodaizapines , Synthetic Cannabinoids all equal that dreamy/dope trip state.

I am just being brutally honest with myself. i would never of even said this 3 years ago.

--------

The book Common Sense by Thomas Paine is about how religion should not be used as basis for law in the emerging United States.

I suggest you READ it for the first time.

drsmoke69

everyone's gonna have there own opinion, who is to say who is right or wrong but when houses start blowing the fuck up and hurting people i think there's a problem.