What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MSNBC says Obama to legalize

Hazed

No one worth a damned in the middle is foolish enough to run for a political office when there are 6 digit paychecks available elsewhere. These losers we have to pick from have to entice the middle voters with promises they will never keep. The story will change after the elections, and the extreme fanatics on the right and left wont object to anything that does not directly effect them!
Same old shit differant ellection, lol.
Legalizing weed would be a major blow to Pharma, LEO and the prison system! IMHO legalized weed would have a negative effect on whats left of the American economy.
~not holding my breath~

Jon 54

BULLSHIT!!!! Obama is nothing but a fucking liar. He lied to us to once he'll do it again. He is a reverse racist and a bigot who the Hollywood elite swarm around. I personally hope that he dies and rots in hell for his lies that he has fed us. Jon 54

Iraganji

It doesn't matter what the boob tube states.
It damn sure doesn't matter what a politician states.
If even a half truth comes out of ones mouth, it would certainly be a typo on the prompter. ;)

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Obama also supported the medical last election - yet the war against medical rages on. He supports gays now, too, supports legalizing marijuana (the largest of the so-called 'illicit' drugs aka 50 million voters.) Supports letting those with immigracion trouble stay a little while, I just heard yesterday, for that oh-so-important latin vote. Did I mention he's black, too? Way back when, he had his mom pop him out black for the black vote.

Unfortunately RP would never live out his first term & just like JFK he would die for the same reason. Any leader strong enough to attempt to shut down the Federal Reserve they wouldn't allow to live.
As for zerobama lying. There's a simple test, if sound is coming from his mouth, he's lying.
Cheers:biggrin:
couldn't agree more!!! been watchin this world closely since comin back from Nam. Saw DJ av. go over 1000 for first time in 71, now it's 13,000 and nuthins changed. Big $ runs it all. RP would go down, They ALL lie to us (news and politicians), ten dollar lids are a distant memory, and Yes the starship was once the airplane (even had a Norweigan gal singing before Grace) _can't get off and ya can't stand still, if the left one don't get ya then the right one will-

I saw today on MSNBC (Who I consider to be the true news)

Couple problems here. Number 1, watching television is just stupid, any television.

Number 2, I've seen video clips of various MSNBC anchors and what they have to say. You have to be joking to give MSNBC any greater respect than Jerry Springer.

And lastly, the President of the United States is *not* a legislator. He *cannot* make marijuana legal. The President *does not* make laws, change laws, invalidate laws, etc. He only enforces laws.

The *Congress* is the only body that can legalize marijuana at the federal level. The President could then sign, or veto, said bill. But any president claiming that he, personally, is going to change a law is lying to you.

igrowone

Veteran
Couple problems here. Number 1, watching television is just stupid, any television.

Number 2, I've seen video clips of various MSNBC anchors and what they have to say. You have to be joking to give MSNBC any greater respect than Jerry Springer.

And lastly, the President of the United States is *not* a legislator. He *cannot* make marijuana legal. The President *does not* make laws, change laws, invalidate laws, etc. He only enforces laws.

The *Congress* is the only body that can legalize marijuana at the federal level. The President could then sign, or veto, said bill. But any president claiming that he, personally, is going to change a law is lying to you.

this is where it gets a little interesting, not that i have illusion that Barry will do anything like that
the rescheduling process is a bit mysterious, the executive branch seems to have the power to do this, the DEA may have the power to reschedule
this was getting batted around here during the Prop 19 discussions
and DEA does answer to the president, at least in theory

pip313

Obama's a liar anyway

Obama's a liar anyway

Whats the guy gonna say? I will legalize after I get re-elected? He said he would go easy on medical marijuana and the dea isn't backing down. He could legalize it today if he wanted to. Executive Order still has alot of power.

I used to think that if big business wanted it weed would be legal but I no longer belive that, big tobacco has huge funds, the ability to produce, distribute and market packs of joints and its not legal. (biggest possible new tax source also)

Give up on legal weed, short of putting it up for national vote for a constutional ammendment its not gonna happen. thats life

Just heard on the noon Fox news that the government of Uraguay is seriously considering making her legal, regulating her, taxing her and SELLING the stuff to make $$$$! Can't believe they beat California to the punch on that one! Just think of the Good Govt. jobs that would be avail. for master growers like you folks! NOT gonna happen, and if it did we'd put them out of business with superior product. -Keep on keepin' on- -politicians throwin' stones, ashes to ashes all fall down-

igrowone

Veteran
Just heard on the noon Fox news that the government of Uraguay is seriously considering making her legal, regulating her, taxing her and SELLING the stuff to make $$$$! ...

we've had a lot of close calls on this, some island out Samoa way? some other places have talked it up some
and the the USA/UN and their economic stranglehold will come in an explain how bad a choice this would be
but we keep edging closer, closer

Iraganji

You guys are all fucking retarded
I have a tip for anyone else who may be contemplating saying this. ;)

It is about as unsound as any irrational argument can get. If from your perspective "everyone else"
is the one with the problem, you should re-think your perspective. Instead of trying to rationalize
everyone else's behavior through the cogs in the filter of your mind, try to see a bigger picture.
It isn't every one else who needs understanding, it is likely you.

:ying:

Agaricus

Uruguay's legalization proposal has at least one major flaw. Marijuana production and sale would be a state monopoly. Growing for your own use would be illegal.

I thought I heard also that there would be a data base of "customers." I don't like the idea of being on a government list.

That said, it's nice to see things going in a basically positive direction. And Mujica's shouting out to the rest of the world to legalize.

Lord willing, maybe I'll see legalization before i go to that big bong in the sky.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
with the problems there having over there Im not surprised that they are looking into it. the euro is in big trouble in some countries like Greece..

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I saw today on MSNBC (Who I consider to be the true news). That Obama will consider (for politcal gain) to legalize cannabis for personal use.Sometimes on MSNBC they leak what the "Liberals" have planned. (From Huffpost)...No matter what your ideology is MSNBC spends most of it's time correcting "made up shit" that lets say it's competitor does. That is to say you won't see Fox "so called news" spending most of its time correcting facts that are reported on MSNBC. If MSNBC says there is a possibility through a Leak it actually could happen.
Your first problem is considering what MSNBC spews out to be news. /end thread

G

guest59452

if he did he would secure the win, as for now im going for ron paul

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
re: on uruguay

re: on uruguay

so I've been reading all news articles in spanish from the press in Uruguay; after the announcement was made, the public opinion roared in every possible direction.

in the spanish sub-forum there's a thread on it... I quoted the comments by a psychiatrist in charge of a rehabilitation center; his comments prove how much ignorance is still there at every level of society regarding the facts about Cannabis. the guy sounds like a prohibitionist from the 50s....

but then, the government's actual argument is pretty sound and solid; it basically states plain and clearly, that by regulating cannabis like alcohol, you will eliminate the black-market and all the money-flow that such produces for the criminal organizations.

it also will restrict access to minors to a greater degree than now; and will also produce tax revenue.

all arguments we've known for a long time now of course.

the attempt at passing this legislation will go down before the end of this year too, so by december we should know what's what.

other things from the articles, is that they suggest/plan to allow everyone subcribed to the cannabis program to use 40 joints a month... what does this mean though? how much does each joint weight?

they want to have quality control... but under whose supervision? under which point of reference? what's their definition of quality?

no mention as of yet regarding whether or not personal cultivation will be allowed, at least not that I've read, maybe I missed it?

Agaricus

According to several articles I've read, and on a newscast I heard, they said that personal cultivation would not be permitted in Uruguay.

If Obama should actually introduce legislation to legalize (the limit of his power) let's hope it doesn't go in that direction. While Uruguay's heading in the right direction, the current proposal seems far too restrictive. Hell, who wants to be limited to one government-schwag joint a day with a couple extra on weekends?

As mentioned in an earlier post, the president can't just stand on a high mountain and proclaim that pot's legal. It has to go through the legislature. Right now that would have a snowball's chance in hell.

For Obama, it would be a purely political move to support or propose legalization. It would be a "get out the vote" gambit for the short run. In the long run defeat of the proposal is nearly certain, and I'm sure he'd have no scruples about going back on his word, as he did regarding federal intervention in medpot states.

On the flip side, it would be another step in promoting a rational national discussion about drug policy.

Latest posts

Latest posts