What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

superthrive?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I just added some to my outdoor plants that r in the ground.
will the stuff still work even when the plant is in the ground.

the plant is 2 feet tall x 2 feet around. it is alreaty bushy but I want it even bigger and more bushier by the middle of august. will superthrive do the trick?

thx for some info on this.

maryjohn

Veteran
It contains a synthetic hormone related to agent orange, and you should consider whether you want to have an organic grow. Many people use it, but it is starting to be banned in more and more states, and i believe it is banned in canada.

The active ingredient is not found in nature.

C

CMoon

It contains a synthetic hormone related to agent orange, and you should consider whether you want to have an organic grow. Many people use it, but it is starting to be banned in more and more states, and i believe it is banned in canada.

The active ingredient is not found in nature.

nor an hps bulb:woohoo:

maryjohn

Veteran
so what is your point? Do you put the contents of your hps bulb, mercury halide, cfl bulb, or any other kind of hazardous material in your soil or on your plants?

Is there any line to be drawn in an organic grow? Or do you just use whatever product is easiest, then if anybody calls you on it you say hps bulbs aren't found in nature?

My point is that it isn't organic. what is yours? and what is organic to you, and why do you consider superthrive to be organic (other than the fact you put it in the same category as hps bulbs)?

C

CMoon

so what is your point? Do you put the contents of you hps bulb, cfl bulb, or any other kind of hazardous material in your soil or on your plants?

Is there any line to be drawn? Or do you just use whatever is easiest, then if anybody calls you on it you say hps bulbs aren't found in nature?

youd best callme out and get your produce up then bruv hey?

My point is that it isn't organic. what is yours?

illumination bye electical lights is also not organic ,now shove your shit up or shut the fuck up and il show you weed complimented by superthrive..you get me bruv?

maryjohn

Veteran
not really, I just see a bunch of posturing. You haven't made a real point, other than offer some kind of pissing contest (declined).

I can show you some real muscular dudes that took steroids. get me "bruv"?

As for illumination by "electrical" lights not being organic, I am curious to hear your definition of organic, and how artificial lighting falls short.

C

CMoon

I can show you some real muscular dudes that took steroids. get me "bruv"?

im curios to hear about these muscular dudes:laughing:

you not grow real weed then?

Mr.Hades

Superthrive contains ingredients that will most definately boost the root and foilar development of your plant. You do NOT want to use it in flowering because of this reason.

Yes, it will work on your outdoor plant. Use it as 1 drop per gallon and saturate the soil fully.

It will also turn your outdoor plant into a monster if used when watering, feeding, light, weather, etc. is adequate, so be cautious if you are trying to be stealthy.

^_^

maryjohn

Veteran
all true, but this is the ORGANIC SOIL forum.

see my point? the ORGANIC SOIL thing?

Superthrive is not organic, in the sense miracle grow and dithane are NOT organic, and that's why ORGANIC growers don't use it. The makers hide the contents of the bottle so it feels like an organic product, and that's why more and more governments are banning it. Because it borders on fraud.

Eccentric labeling does not make a product organic, or safe.

I relize im not a mod, but why dont you guys take your bickering somewhere else. The dude never even asked if superthrive was organic, and what the hell does a hps have to do with superthrive on outdoor plants? coooome on

Mr.Hades

#1cheesebuds just asked a question maryjohn.

Maybe his question could have been posted in a different area but he was just looking for an answer, not a debate whether Superthrive is organic or not.

maryjohn

Veteran
I relize im not a mod, but why dont you guys take your bickering somewhere else. The dude never even asked if superthrive was organic, and what the hell does a hps have to do with superthrive on outdoor plants? coooome on

it's an organic growing forum... If I ask about the proper dosing for miracle gro, no one should say something? I didn't want to bicker, I simply stated a fact. I was challenged, on exactly what I am unsure, for it is a plain fact that superthrive is not organic (by any definition of the word).

He can and will do what he wants with his plants, but the fact he asked in this forum implies he believes the product is organic, which is a common mistake considering the manufacturer makes every effort to pass the product off as "natural". I was sure it was organic until I looked into it. Guess where I saw it last? On the shelf at a grow store with "organic" in the name. The dude at the counter had no idea.

moon i cant even understand what the hell your are trying to say lol. Who cares what form it is, you want to bitch at the guy, bitch at him for not doing a search, the info is obviously out there, and ya its pretty goddamn obvious its not organic, the US government classifies it as an unregistered pesticide as a matter of fact. And no, you shouldnt put it on your weed plants no matter how much you percieve that it helps. source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUPERthrive

maryjohn

Veteran
it was not you pumped the tesstorine?

yer you come and see me where ever you want bruv.....I think youll be wanting:yoinks:

no, I do not take steroids. my point was that you can get real big if you do, but that does not mean it is a good way to take care of your body. See where I am going? I am comparing your justification (fat buds) to the justification for taking roids (getting ripped). They are both short cuts that seem like a great idea to the one doing it.

You can get great results with alfalfa tea and b vitamins (the fat buds, not the big muscles).

Please, take a minute to think about what you have to say in response. What is organic, and why is superthrive organic or not?

Can you even tell me the active ingredient?

let's try both talking about the topic, and not getting personal, posturing, or making threats. Let's try a bit of rational discussion. We'll probably both wind up learning something.

And Metal, I've posted that link more than once on this forum. Superthrive is a pet peeve of mine.

C

CMoon

Can you even tell me the active ingredient?

its associated to a b1 thrive....but in my noobyness id take the advice of a more proffcient grower like yourself........but pictures speak a 1000 words , do you have any?

id best fess up and say i grow total organic as well in some departments, yes i have pictures posted on icmag..........

as long as your game buddy:D