What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making hash Morrocan style

3chomes

I need some advice on how to make hash M-style.
Screen size suggestions, ideas on how to work on the field where the plants are harvested etc appreciated.
Cheers.

B

British_Bulldog

I'd also be interested in the correct micron/threads per inch screen sizes for Moroccan screening.

I know they use 00 and 0 screens like they do with flour in Italy, but what's the usual equivalent size in microns/tpi?

Many thanks,

Peace

3chomes

British_Bulldog said:
I'd also be interested in the correct micron/threads per inch screen sizes for Moroccan screening.

I know they use 00 and 0 screens like they do with flour in Italy, but what's the usual equivalent size in microns/tpi?

Many thanks,

Peace

I'm thinking to use a 100-80u screen, anybody know if it's too big? Or too small?
I'll be working only with sativa, btw.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi 3chomes, for small sativa trichomes those sizes sound good, and will produce good quality hash.

I've screen with around 150u with various strains, and I'd say that size is for more commercial runs, with there being more contaminates, but a bigger yield.

Anyone with a sizes used by the Moroccans?

Thanks

Peace

ilife

You can always Re-sieve your Resin through a smaller screen afterwards. To clean it up more.

iLiFE

3chomes

ilife said:
You can always Re-sieve your Resin through a smaller screen afterwards. To clean it up more.

iLiFE

That is what I'm planning to do, do a 120-130u first and resift again into finer quality while at the same time removing contaminants.

Has anybody here done large scale production on the field?

Dkgrower

Veteran
3chomes said:
Has anybody here done large scale production on the field?

Not really on the field, but not fare !

Try sun dry em, a quick way to get the green color a way and the trichomes to break off more easy, the color of the plant matieal is improtant to get that brown marok color and taste.

screens size i would start really big (seeds and stems) and then go down, like in the link
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/hashleb1.htm

Last edited:

3chomes

Dkgrower said:
Not really on the field, but not fare !

Try sun dry em, a quick way to get the green color a way and the trichomes to break off more easy, the color of the plant matieal is improtant to get that brown marok color and taste.

screens size i would start really big (seeds and stems) and then go down, like in the link
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/hashleb1.htm

Dkgrower, thanks for the link.
Saw that a little while ago, but didn't read up on the dry sift.
I think I'll do it Morrocan style on the field, beating the plants on a 220 screen and then working the rest at home Lebanese style by running through different screen sizes to get the qualities I want to have.
It's going to be a lot of work, hopefully more fun than bubbling.
I'm just tired of all the work(even though I think bubble is better, of course)
doing it the iceolator way. Just want to try something different this year.
I'll only bubble special batches now.

ilife

Another idea, Why don't you just go around buying Farmers Grade Resin from all the farmers? Then take it back to a safe hotel or place where you can take advantage of an AC and clean it up the way you want to? A lot less work and more fun!!!

iLiFE

3chomes

ilife said:
Another idea, Why don't you just go around buying Farmers Grade Resin from all the farmers? Then take it back to a safe hotel or place where you can take advantage of an AC and clean it up the way you want to? A lot less work and more fun!!!

iLiFE

Yeah, that's an idea. I might show them how to remove the seeds in a more 'efficient' way. I'm going over in a few days to talk to them abou this. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

B

Brother_Monk

This may be a little off topic, but the last post had me wondering....what is a better way for seed removal anyways? I spend a lot of time crushing bud and picking seeds out. I make bubble from seeded bud, but after the seeds are plucked. Isn't there some kind of little machine that you can put your bud into, to get the seeds out, without all the time consuming inspection and removal?

:ying:

3chomes

Brother_Monk said:
This may be a little off topic, but the last post had me wondering....what is a better way for seed removal anyways? I spend a lot of time crushing bud and picking seeds out. I make bubble from seeded bud, but after the seeds are plucked. Isn't there some kind of little machine that you can put your bud into, to get the seeds out, without all the time consuming inspection and removal?

Brother_Monk, this is what I do, with bubble anyways.
I do my washing of the whole buds with seeds.
After the washing, I dump the washed bash into a bucket of water. The plant material would sink and the seeds would float. I then use a sieve with a handle to scoop the seeds off the top.
With this method, you have to do it on a sunny day as you have to dry the seeds in the sun right away as they've been wet. I do my drying on a wire mesh on top of a big sheet of bamboo fencing lying on the ground.
Hope this helps.
PS sorry I don't have pics of the process, it's a lot more easy to show than to tell.

B

Brother_Monk

I don't think my neighbors would be too cool with me making bubble in the backyard lol! I'm a little concerned with the seeds in the water thing. As I'm making seed for HTC, I couldn't have any of them soaked. Too afraid of affecting germination rates.

But thank you for that anyways. I'm gunna find a better way. Something a little more dry.

Dkgrower

Veteran
3chomes said:
I think I'll do it Morrocan style on the field, beating the plants on a 220 screen and then working the rest at home Lebanese style by running through different screen sizes to get the qualities I want to have.
It's going to be a lot of work, hopefully more fun than bubbling.
I'm just tired of all the work(even though I think bubble is better, of course)
doing it the iceolator way. Just want to try something different this year.
I'll only bubble special batches now.

Sound like fun to me :headbange

that drumming part is going to be hard work, tho

have you consider a sive to get rid off sand silt/clay particles

:rasta:

3chomes

Brother_Monk said:
I don't think my neighbors would be too cool with me making bubble in the backyard lol! I'm a little concerned with the seeds in the water thing. As I'm making seed for HTC, I couldn't have any of them soaked. Too afraid of affecting germination rates.

But thank you for that anyways. I'm gunna find a better way. Something a little more dry.

Probably dry sift, beating it Morrocan way or running it through screens like they do in Lebanon.
I'm trying to find a video last year I shot on how they rub the seeds off the plants and all that resin going to waste.

3chomes

Dkgrower said:
Sound like fun to me :headbange

that drumming part is going to be hard work, tho

have you consider a sive to get rid off sand silt/clay particles

:rasta:

I'm going to sieve it from 180u to 70u after I collect it from an 220u screen.
I just need a method to make a frame to beat the weed on.
Can anybody let me know if it's good to wash the 220u resin after collecting and filter it out bubble sytle?

Limeygreen

Veteran
What if you just let your flowers dry beyond the point you usually would for smoking then when everything is really brittle you rub gently between your hands over a surface and then collect the seeds from the pile? I know then the bud wouldn't be great for anything but it would get the seeds out quickly.