What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pinching a nug few days before harvest

Hubbleman

Veteran
Now I know u gonna say it's better to wait few days when triches nice and cloudy and ready but I have a reason. Is it cool to snap a gram or 2 of a cola? Few days before harvest? Is it going to stress the plant??

T

Teddybrae

Hmmm ... according to my clock this post has remained without reply for almost 3 hours! I wonder why that would be?

Mate, I can't see how removing a piece of cola could hurt the plant. Your plant is without a nervous system. It is not a mammal.

All the same, no one can claim to know everything ... and for all I know a strange American cult that opposes cola cutting may strike you down before you get a chance to smoke the piece of cola. Who knows? It's a strange world ...

Lrus007

Veteran
it will not hurt the plant..
best to wait. but sometimes shit happens.
you waited this long what is a few more days.
enjoy your bud..
Lrus007

insomniac_AU

It won't hurt the plant at all. Remember plants deal with injuries from insects and physical damage from animals in the wild all the time. If they couldn't handle having a branch snapped or a leaf chewed they wouldn't be around today. Light and environment issues are far more stressful to the plant.

S

Sertaiz

take a little bit, something could always happen and its going to have that much more root system to support everything else better, in my book

soil margin

Veteran
For the plant's stress factor I can't imagine that pinching a few buds pinched off is much different than having a few leaves trimmed. This is why god invented microwaves though. So impatient fuckers like you and me have a way to smoke some fresh bud when all our jars are empty.

S

Sertaiz

nono, dont do that... put on your dashboard in the sun and if need sooner a pan just warmer than your hand can take will dry ripped apart 2-3 calyx chunks and dry em out.
best to wrap em with paper towels or paper so they dont burn. also can put same paper towel sachet near a fire. mmmmm

Brother Nature

It's a bit of a waste of a good bud, but in saying that I do it when I'm dry and I know it's only a couple days off harvest, maybe even a week. Waiting is always the hardest part of growing for me. It'll never be as good, but I couldn't imagine it'd harm the plant as that far into flowering it's focusing just on flowering.

I like to put about 1-2g in a envelope and place it on top of the stereo amp (As it's almost always running) for an few hours, dries it out well without ruining the taste or making it crumbly.

But, in all reality you've waited this long so why not just wait a little longer? :D

Hort1

Do it in a clever way that benefits the grow . I always take off a few top buds that look tempting.The lower buds definitely improve if top buds are removed.