What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

onavelzy vs. Aspen - rootin tootin christmas 2017!!!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
heres a spot for this friendly showdown. lets not mention the prize here specifically, suffice to say its worthy and there might even be bonus treats!

competition is as follows, contestants will have 14 days to root 6 cuttings of the arcata trainwreck plant and 14 days to veg, or 28 days total. in order to determine whos cloning method is superior, the winner will be judged on healthiest plants/roots. size, color and vigor will be some of the categories. also, cleanliness and presentation will be smaller factors, good photographs cant hurt!!!

ok im sure ill edit this just wanted to get it going...

participants please describe your methods, environment and goals in detail

ill probably add a poll or at least employ one in the event of a close call. but as commissioner of this contest i reserve the right to overrule popular opinion in case aspen attempts to use her womanly charms to sway the public. i solemnly swear to remain unbiased and fair. i dunno about the rest of you cavemen!

have fun and play nice!

Aspenou812

Veteran
So i have been struggling for quite a while... My last round i had Bio Slime and even though i have been treating for it i just couldn't root... it out... My clone strike rates have been in the dump forever... almost a year.... I thought it was me... I knew it had something to do with water quality... It as been in the back of my mind at the least.... and i just found the source... my pumps have covers on the back... Im expecting 95% + strike rates now... Ill have to clean this up before starting.... That will take a day or two...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Getting ready to throw down a first class woopin I'm cleaning everything... The cuts are looking about ready to take... Kloners potless and I've spent an hour and a half tuning up the secret weapon....

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
dan you better not blab about her bikini!!!

aspen, taking the filter and cover off the aerocloner pump is clutch. i run a 25 site clone king, tremoved that stuff when i got it and i run bleach through it after every round. i havent even rebuilt the manifold with removeable (cleanable) pvc yet and im still getting 100% after six consecutive rounds. gotta be religulous about cleaning them things. i never took the cover off the pump in my first one (first botanicare 45 site) and i eventually just gave up on it after 4 rounds.

wheres ona at i know he has pics to put up in here!

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I took all my cuttings... Now I have the cloner fired up and going... And I have 7 AT₩ in rockwool root cubes... Should be a good turnout for the roots..... And the secret weapon is on standby.... You ready for some pictures Ona...

Aspenou812

Veteran
so here we are.... Lets go... all taken Sunday morning around 2 am

so here we are.... Lets go... all taken Sunday morning around 2 am

veg tent before....

veg tent after

Atw in rockwool

GBD, GB, ATW all in the cloner...

Aspenou812

Veteran
dan you better not blab about her bikini!!!

aspen, taking the filter and cover off the aerocloner pump is clutch. i run a 25 site clone king, tremoved that stuff when i got it and i run bleach through it after every round. i havent even rebuilt the manifold with removeable (cleanable) pvc yet and im still getting 100% after six consecutive rounds. gotta be religulous about cleaning them things. i never took the cover off the pump in my first one (first botanicare 45 site) and i eventually just gave up on it after 4 rounds.

wheres ona at i know he has pics to put up in here!

nameless.. spill it i want to make one of them

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
the pvc manifold? its easy to do you just mimic the existing manifold and dimensions with pvc and leave it unglued so you can take it apart and clean it easy.

pics looking good aspen ! off to a good start