What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

Phases

Mushroombrew -
Here's a few shots at lights off - looking at these pics I definitely need to get rid of some of those leaves!
Trim some of the lower beaches as well.

After seeming all your pics I really have to step it up.
Going to get bunch of mothers going so I can take a ton of clones and start getting some numbers!

Love the thread keep killing it!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Nice they look dope!!

Oh yeah strip those fans for sure! Dont go too nuts stripping bud sites just yet. They will swell if light gets to them.
If they are still shaded after defoliation take them off.

Defoliating the big Elmers tray tomorrow AM. Will post after pics.

Ok go get your Goat on!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
What is the density difference between a top nug and a bottom with the current hids?

Density is the same. With defoliation everything gets tight.

So smaller buds down low but still dense.

I find the gavita movement a bit odd. Everybody acts like its a 3000W bulb? The only difference is the missing metal bar down along the arc tube. This results in 10% more light.

Then most mount them 8 and even 10ft above plants.

Well physics dictates energy. Move twice as far from a light and energy drops 4 fold.

So I get much more intense light deep in my canopy by keeping SE close with wide reflectors.

Gavitas are great for supplemental. I think they are unnecessary indoors.

Will switch to LED if at all.

Like I have said before light is rarely a limiting factor in indoor growing. It is the easiest part of the environment to "dial" in.

Nobody has even bothered figuring out exactly how much our plants can absorb?

I get zero yield difference when my 1000W hortilux is "old"??

Why is that? Because I already have way light more than they can absorb.

So much mis information. It's 99% marketing out there. 1% reality.

I live in reality... And I am crushing it with used SE's I can pick up complete for $75. haha!!

When you get down to plant height in my flower room. You can see all the bulbs. The reflectors are so wide light travels almost sideways.
This results in light reaching in deep. Top lighting alone does not penetrate nearly as far. So gavitas on the ceiling are useless to me...

growingcrazy

That goji is looking fantastic...

Thanks for the reply on density! Totally agree...

I'm also a fan of 600 SE bulbs... 2400 watts per 9x4 bed. 2ft or so above the screen and the lamps never move from that spot.

Does your canopy limit include veg and flower or just flowering?

Robney

WARNING THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE

!!!HYDRO NINJA!!! Dropped the mic at week 5...

:laughing: keep doing what you do hydro ninja. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates you sharing your technique with us while also keeping the thread fresh and fun!

mushroombrew

Veteran
That goji is looking fantastic...

Thanks for the reply on density! Totally agree...

I'm also a fan of 600 SE bulbs... 2400 watts per 9x4 bed. 2ft or so above the screen and the lamps never move from that spot.

Does your canopy limit include veg and flower or just flowering?

It is the entire canopy. We grow in 4x8 trays. So 32 sqft. To save all kinds of headaches we plug in 40sqft to allow for plants leaves outside the tray.

Technically even one leaf outside the canopy is a violation. So a cushion makes it easy.

This is a very small R&D facility. Have designed a 10,000sqft canopy facility.

Imagine if the whole thing produces like the R&D?!

Well I'll tell you. We will max out at #150/week. All to extracts.

Just need some investment. Which is a hell of a lot easier to find then a Hydro Ninja!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
I woke up this morning and wanted a place for the boys. So a little of this and a little of that and bing bang boom I traded for a tent.

I need to pheno hunt them much like the ladies.

Copper Chem, Goji OG and Corey? They were supposed to be S1's?
Oh well I will figure it out.

BOYS CLUB

mushroombrew

Veteran
Definitely going with white cobs in future. I don't know how guys can deal with the low CRI.
I grow plants because I like looking at them. "Space" lighting doesnt make me want to hang out.

I may throw a T5 in there for some white light...better for my brain.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've heard a lot of really good things about the 3000k 90 CRI COBs. As for light spectrum they are right at the top.

-Funk

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You got a male from some Corey S1's ? Who made them ? Private Breeder? If you don't wanna name where they came from, can you answer me in pm ? Thanks.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Private. Assume mis labled hybrid as those were made also. Waiting to hear back and narrow down possible daddys. Gorgeous plants regardless. Took cuts and flipped them. Want to see structure.

Latest posts

Latest posts