What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!! NEED HELP QUICK -- Nitrogen, Phosphorus ??

brown_thumb

Please have a look at these images. The leaves are extremely dark and curled under. They're much darker than what they look like in the photos. The younger plants are yellowing as are the lower leaves of the older plants. These plants began showing these signs two days ago. All plants are severely stunted for their age.

Is this Phosphorus deficiency, or Nitrogen toxicity, or both, or something else? Perhaps it's Nitrogen toxicity combine with overwatering?

DSCN0418_zpsbl5a4bqs.jpg

DSCN0415_zpsnlgr6daw.jpg

DSCN0413_zpsg8fuqbf6.jpg

DSCN0417_zps7haa2bxt.jpg

DSCN0414_zps2auxyhqv.jpg

maimunji

Give more info. Medium ,nutes, lights how much you water. Can be from 100 different things. Lights too close overwatering, wrong ph. Plants wiyh buds also looks stunted they are so small like they grow under day light.

brown_thumb

Lights too close, overwatering, underfed. Might be all three. I can't ever figure this out.

Other members say "It's easy... after all, it's just a weed". I guess I can't even grow weeds except the ones I don't want. :redface:

brown_thumb

I bought a bag of THIS STUFF as an 'emergency measure' to help with Phosphate and Calcium deficiencies. I realize it also has some Nitrogen which these plants may not need but it seemed to be a better option than bone meal.

Am I just spitting into the wind with this supplement? It has a ratio of 3-6-4.

Jason Voorhees

Give more info. Medium ,nutes, lights how much you water. Can be from 100 different things. Lights too close overwatering, wrong ph. Plants wiyh buds also looks stunted they are so small like they grow under day light.

What this guy said....it's impossible to help you out without more info. It could be too low nutes (doubt it), too much nutes causing others to lockout, wrong ph causing lockout, etc

brown_thumb

I've been using Emerald Harvest nutrients per recommended but I'm growing in soil, not hydroponic.

Soil mix is approx. 30 percent Victory Sea Blend with 30 percent rice hulls plus 30 percent perlite plus 10 percent vermiculite. Every time I feed/water I ensure plenty of drainage to flush.

These pots drain extremely well so why do they suck? I tried plastic pots with soil that had less drainage and the roots rotted. I opted for the coconut fiber pots to avoid root shock when transferring to 5 gallon buckets... just bury the 100mm fiber pots into the buckets with no need to disturb the roots.

Jason Voorhees

What kind of lights? I've seen seedlings mimic overwatering and nute issues when light was too intense.

Those look too young to be adding any sort of nute outside what's already in the soil.

brown_thumb

What kind of lights? I've seen seedlings mimic overwatering and nute issues when light was too intense.

Those look too young to be adding any sort of nute outside what's already in the soil.

I'm using THESE LIGHTS. Until recently I had them at 8-12 inches (20-30cm) from the leaves but was told they were probably too weak. Now the distance is 4-8 inches (10-20cm) from the leaves.

This issue did begin when I moved the lights but I assumed that was coincidental.

The image below was taken when the lights were farther away. I also added four more lights.

DSCN0411_zps5p0rslll.jpg

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And we're back to overwatering.

Leave one alone for 4-5 days. If it stops wilting, treat the rest the same.

At least, that is what I would do.

Cheers

brown_thumb

The smaller plants are perking up a little bit but the leaves are developing spots. I don't want to water for another day or two so the soil will dry more because I think that and the extra heat are helping.

Does this look like I need to add some Cal/Mag the next time I water?

DSCN0419_zps7xrygvv0.jpg

DSCN0421_zpsyh01chxy.jpg

DSCN0423_zpsd8l4bynh.jpg