What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Standing Rock Warriors and the Black Snake

St. Phatty

Looks like one battle in a long Civil War to me.

The US gov. is now more coercive than King Henry & his Banksters, in 1776.

Genghis Kush

Civil war?

More like genocide.

The US government has a brutal history with the Sioux peoples.
Destroying their water source is only the latest attempt to wipe them from the Earth forever

Wounded Knee?

honeyoil

It is sad that they can find so many to be their enforcers. How can Law Enforcement sleep at night?

waveguide

Veteran
More like genocide.

probably bigger.

consider eg. the animas river debacle in colorado.

for fun, let's read the wikipedia article on the animas river:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animas_River
Animas River (on-EE-moss) (Río de las Ánimas, in Spanish) is a 126-mile-long (203 km)[1] river in the western United States, a tributary of the San Juan River, part of the Colorado River System.

The river's free-flowing status ended when the Animas-La Plata Water Project was completed in 2015. The project pumps water over a low pass to fill a reservoir, Lake Nighthorse, in Ridges Basin to satisfy Southern Ute tribal water rights claims associated with the Colorado Ute Settlement Act amendments of 2000.[2]

so basically, "here's your water!" served up with a lil sumpin sumpin extra.

and i bet if you hunt around, you can find more examples of water supplies for reservations being mechanistically destroyed. try it. it will be fun.

anyway, i'm sure there's some new spider man movie or something coming out soon for people to be interested in instead. have a really great day everyone, and be sure to watch lots of television.

Genghis Kush

Interesting stuff waveguide. Water is life!

1890 the US government lured 300 Sioux into a ravine promising safe passage between reservation lands. It's was a trick and they massacred almost everyone.
The US corporate-military run government has always treated these people as enemies that needed to be destroyed. All the Hollywood glorification of the Native Americans has not changed that .

Black Elk (1863–1950); medicine man, Oglala Lakota:
"I did not know then how much was ended. When I look back now from this high hill of my old age, I can still see the butchered women and children lying heaped and scattered all along the crooked gulch as plain as when I saw them with eyes young. And I can see that something else died there in the bloody mud, and was buried in the blizzard. A people's dream died there. It was a beautiful dream ... the nation's hoop is broken and scattered. There is no center any longer, and the sacred tree is dead."

Edward S. Godfrey; captain; commanded Co. D of the 7th Cavalry:
"I know the men did not aim deliberately and they were greatly excited. I don't believe they saw their sights. They fired rapidly but it seemed to me only a few seconds till there was not a living thing before us; warriors, squaws, children, ponies, and dogs ... went down before that unaimed fire."

Hugh McGinnis; First Battalion, Co. K, 7th Cavalry:
"General Nelson A. Miles who visited the scene of carnage, following a three-day blizzard, estimated that around 300 snow shrouded forms were strewn over the countryside. He also discovered to his horror that helpless children and women with babies in their arms had been chased as far as two miles from the original scene of encounter and cut down without mercy by the troopers. ... Judging by the slaughter on the battlefield it was suggested that the soldiers simply went berserk. For who could explain such a merciless disregard for life?"

Genghis Kush

Interesting how quickly things change when you have a large number of military veterans vowing to protect you.

"We wholeheartedly support the decision of the administration and commend with the utmost gratitude the courage it took on the part of President Obama, the Army Corps, the Department of Justice and the Department of the Interior to take steps to correct the course of history and to do the right thing,” Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Chairman Dave Archambault II said in a statement. “With this decision we look forward to being able to return home and spend the winter with our families and loved ones, many of whom have sacrificed as well.”

Gry

Interesting how quickly things change when you have a large number of military veterans vowing to protect you.
Historically that has not worked out so well.

In my heart of hearts I am with the Indians
The lack of integrity of the 'energy industry' disgusts me to no end.
The bastards are insane, and they will kill us all for their profit.

waveguide

Veteran
thought i'd pop in to say,

west papua

..about 1/3 of 2 million population slaughtered in last fifty years. still doing it (the u.s. pays $3 mil to indonesia to protect "investments" such as freeport mcmoran's grasberg mine). frequent pics of the macheted, raped, incinerated. 10 years if you raise the flag.

hurray for progress, and plentiful inexpensive, mind addling entertainment for everyone.

oh - thank you veterans, because basically, your awareness is so very valuable. at least as far as worldly things go. good luck everyone!

kakaman

At Dakota access pipeline protest there are construction workers and police with bikers veterans cowboys and Indians protesting.

r960-00baa048c0d9574fcf3e0facd0da1e74.jpg

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
because we're a bunch of stoned potheads and we'll just laugh huh.

oh no one can see you mister perception management, with the slickness.

Slipnot

Stupidest protests i ever seen seriously think about it pipelines are pretty much the safest way to move oil .
Its a win win for everyone , But not these fucks And the sad truth is the pipeline is not going in there reserve.
But hey waste your resources on a losing battle right ???
It costs 12 dollars to transport a barrel of oil with pipe line it would cost 6.00 so the state saves money which in turn goes back into the state for roadways education and other infrastructures.

It sickens me in thinking if some company wants to become more efficient meaning less spills or contamination or a state wants to better the ways of transporting oil to markets there ridiculed . for going the safer and more economical route
If anyone remembers BP oil spill or the Valdez ?? look at that mess

They use the lamiest excuse our drinking water ? if that is the case why not go after Big pharma , mining industry that openly pour millions of gallons of toxins into our drinking water, While your at it might as well take a run at Agriculture

Attachments

• pipeline.jpg
    pipeline.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 15171027_10211087756966772_2662529093846661517_n.jpg
    15171027_10211087756966772_2662529093846661517_n.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 14
  • BPDH13-Oiled-Pelican.jpg
    BPDH13-Oiled-Pelican.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 13

kakaman

:mad:People gotta watch their micro aggressions on this thread cuz I was in a good mood before I clicked on this thread but not so much after.

paper thorn

Veteran
OK, here's one you might have to go to your safe space for.

There was NO genocide against Indians! There are millions of them all over the US.
And they're out there with signs, already shows them to be a bunch of idiots.

Genghis Kush

:mad:People gotta watch their micro aggressions on this thread cuz I was in a good mood before I clicked on this thread but not so much after.

I created this thread to make you think, not to make you feel good!
This is a serious subject that involves the suffering of countless people..

Your attempt at derailing it with shallow and pathetic humor helps no one

You and your right wing comrades are the morons that this fight is against.

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
synonyms: mass murder, mass homicide, massacre;

Genghis Kush

thought i'd pop in to say,

west papua

..about 1/3 of 2 million population slaughtered in last fifty years. still doing it (the u.s. pays $3 mil to indonesia to protect "investments" such as freeport mcmoran's grasberg mine). frequent pics of the macheted, raped, incinerated. 10 years if you raise the flag.

hurray for progress, and plentiful inexpensive, mind addling entertainment for everyone.

oh - thank you veterans, because basically, your awareness is so very valuable. at least as far as worldly things go. good luck everyone!

Thanks for being here Waveguide . Your input is always appreciated .

west Papua is indeed another example of. Indigenous peoples and their natural environments being raped by large corporate interests and. Supported by US government backing

And yes these "slick" attempts at controlling the narrative will not work here.
You people are too obvious