What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me identify some seeds! : OPB

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Hey everyone,

I got a collection of seeds that were left behind after Oaksterdam got raided. They were made by someone affiliated with the school.

Just want to know what it is, and see if it's anything interesting or put a name to them.

Haven't been able to figure out what OPB could stand for.

Thanks!

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
That's what I was going to say.
Oregon pure blueberry
Old purp bud?

Seems its someone's mutihybrid.

Brelva

A few possible pieces of the puzzle:

Oregon Purple Bud as has been mentioned
Pineberry
Puna Buddaz/Puna Budder
Platinum Bubba
Plush Berry
Pandora's Box

Hard to say but I hope they're goodins whatever they are buddy. :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to suggest original puna budder...

Would be cool if somebody that was working with those would pop in & confirm what they are.

Slipnot

Nope Nope and Nope )
Ozark Pine Bud
Origins: Mostly unknown; Seeds originate from “bagseed” found in Kentucky.

Characteristics
This cultivar seems to produce two distinct phenotypes. One seems to exhibit heavy Skunk influences and another leans heavy to the indica/afghani spectrum. The indica characteristics were selected for in this cultivar, and within the F2 generation, the indica ratio is between fifty percent and seventy percent. The Ozark Pine Bud indica phenotype exhibits large, thick blades on the first few set of true leaves. One or more of these leaves may produce a 'crinkle' which seems to be a hereditary trait, but this is not confirmed. The floral production of the indica phenotype, if left to a single cola, is a heavy producer and forms a large single cola, usually with donkey ears. By the sixth or seventh week, the buds will produce much resin which is so plentiful that it can be easily rubbed off, so care must be taken when handling so as to preserve resin content. The dark green leaves of both phenotypes develop a waxy shine when sexual maturity is reached, and this is especially true outdoors. The plant is susceptable to spidermites and thrips, so proper care must be taken if infestation occurs. The indica phenotype can finish at the eight week mark (better if taken to nine or ten), though the skunk phenotype could be taken past ten to eleven weeks.

The skunk phenotype is marginally untested. The few test grows done with this strain show it to be a vigorous plant with long blades. It stretches in flower and has a medium yield. The bud, properly cured, smells like pine. It is assumed that this strain is the one that this cultivar is named for.

Traits Selected For
1. Short flowering time.
2.High Yield
3.Heavy essential oil production.

At a Glance
Ozark Pine Bud (Indica Phenotype)
1.Finish at 8 weeks flowering time.
2.Heavily resinous.
3.High yield.

Ozark Pine Bud (Skunk phenotype)
1.Hybrid vigor.
2.Highly untested.

Purple Mountain Pine
Lavender x Ozark Pine Bud (Skunk Phenotype)
These seeds are F1 crosses of our OPB(Skunk) male with a heavy producing Lavender female, selected for yield and color. The mother produces heavy, fragrant buds that are a must for any medical garden. The male produces female offspring that yield buds that smell heavily of a pine forest. This cross promises to please any skunk lover.

Buddler

Veteran
I Remember doin a run to northern cali and scoring some pine bud in the late eighties .Maybe oaksterdam pine bud guessing ,good looking seeds though better pop em..

Abja Roots

Veteran
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing slipnot.

I did some more research and I think they might have been made by someone named Bonedoc. I haven't ever heard of any seed, selections, etc.. coming from Kentucky. Not that they don't grow out there, but just not a place I've heard much about.

The time period lines up. Is anyone familiar with Bonedoc?

Abja Roots

Veteran
There was a female used labeled LAC, which based on the time and name I would identify as LA Confidential. Another was labeled URK which would be Purple Urkle more than likely. I haven't figured out what the one labeled KB would be. Any ideas?

Might be something named Kalis Bliss by Reeferman which was available at the time. Reeferman's Cambodian x Brothers Grimm C99.

Another option is Kali Bubba by Serious Seeds.

BagseedSamurai

OPB stands for Ozark Pine Bud. It's my cross. In fact, that's my handwriting. I have no idea why anyone from Oaksterdam would have that bag, but those seeds are not affiliated with them at all.

Good luck!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
OPB stands for Ozark Pine Bud. It's my cross. In fact, that's my handwriting. I have no idea why anyone from Oaksterdam would have that bag, but those seeds are not affiliated with them at all.

Good luck!

That gotta be trippy seeing a bag pop up Ya put out hella years ago out of the blue n actually see it show up online.... imo pine types are much more interesting than a LA can urkle....
This pine I'm sure got more then me interested ... it's great Ya showed Up... now can we get some info details... is this related to Christmas tree from the east which I believe was a nl or nl skunk, pine skunk, pine tar kush.