What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The search for THE purple strain

Scorp1on

High guys, Im currently searching for a new strain to grow, I tryed alot of strain but never really got a good purple weed. I had some that turned purple like my blue mystic, dj short bluberry, grand daddy purple skunk etc, but never kept a clone of them...

Now for my next run I want to test some new purple strain Ive been looking at:

Secret Valley Pineberry
Cannabiogen Peyote Purple
Humbolt Seed organisation Chocolate Mint OG
Connoisseur Genetics Grandaddy Purple S1
Dinafem Purple afghan Kush

What do you think of those? I want something potent like a good kush with a good gr/watt also want to find a keeper...anything idea of what to try? need to be feminised...

Im currently growing some bubba kush from greenhouse seed but only got 3 seed and none of them got a nice yeild...but i really like it cos of the high and the color...maybe I could get 20seed to find a keeper?!? Im confused so many choice...i dont know what to do haha help me!!!!

Ollie

Veteran
Peyote Purple expresses more dark (near black) than bright purple.

I would look at Pakistan Chitral Kush (ACE)

Serious Black is not released yet seed wise (Oregon Breeders Group)

corky1968

Veteran
Is this Oldtimer Haze Purple pheno good enough? :tiphat:

old-timer-haze.jpg

Scorp1on

Peyote Purple expresses more dark (near black) than bright purple.

I would look at Pakistan Chitral Kush (ACE)

Serious Black is not released yet seed wise (Oregon Breeders Group)

I dont mind if its black or purple haha but ill look into the chitral kush from ace

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Antenna Purple lazerlite?
I've got some going right now in veg from seed and the stems have a unique lavender hue I've never seen before. 9 week flowering. Antenna has a 2 for 1 deal going right now on seedbay, worth checking out for sure. Sample buds I've seen pics of are a nice lavender purple. can't wait for these girls to be done (8 more weeks LOL)

Ollie

Veteran
I dont mind if its black or purple haha but ill look into the chitral kush from ace
If then, You should choose the Peyote Purple due to its Terpene profile. Its derrived from Bubba Kush, so there is a high chance that You will like it.

The PCK is a kush type plant, but more towards the flowery/slight sweet spectrum, in oppose to the Peyote Purple which is more towards a musky, compost, "dark" kush profile.

B

blue_tick

that oth is 18 to 20 week flower. if you get the purple haze x malawi you can knock the flower time down to 14-16 weeks from clone. i have this in reg form that they don't sell anymore but yielded 28 oz dry outdoor

peace

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen a few awesome purples on IG mostly coming from CSI.
They're using reversed Purple Urkle & Mendo Purps as the pollen donors.
S1s & crosses.

From what you've listed I've only had GDP. Not sure which cut though.

corky1968

Veteran
how is the quantity?

Sorry but that's not my picture. It was taken online.

I have grown Oldtimer Haze. But only the green pheno.
They don't yield lots unless you can do them outdoors.
They do make great plants to breed with indoors though.

I'm test running a hybrid of it now.

Cheesegez

very nice plant, whats the strain? thats what im looking for...where Can I find it hehe

Lol good question that pheno came out of orange bud X skunk seeds
Although all I smell is berries lol

I won't have a mother for at least 3 months but would be happy to share when I do ....

Peace
CG

zekonha

Hey Thak1lla,

I thumb up for peyote purple, i've made a selection a long time ago when they first release them as limited edition.

I always grow regular, so got 5 males 4 females 1 seed lost.

From the males i got one with really champion traits, i let him flower and never seen a so smelly pollen, good bud formation but poor plant structure.

From the females got 2 keepers, 1 very tasty green pheno and one ultra frosty purple pheno.

Here is the purple one, sorry for the bad quality pictures i was very young when i do this selection:

Yi8bzop.jpg

9QUKEV6.jpg

UODFSNE.jpg

It's all about the purple, the taste is that earthy/hash. good for making hash, very large head sizes.. low yielder as it deserve to be.

But anyway it's a good purple weed, im actually waiting for a pack of Triple Purple Doja, to see what i can get from it.. and currently running Chemdawg Purple from topdawg..

Good lucky on finding that purp keeper!!

Scorp1on

Hey Thak1lla,

I thumb up for peyote purple, i've made a selection a long time ago when they first release them as limited edition.

I always grow regular, so got 5 males 4 females 1 seed lost.

From the males i got one with really champion traits, i let him flower and never seen a so smelly pollen, good bud formation but poor plant structure.

From the females got 2 keepers, 1 very tasty green pheno and one ultra frosty purple pheno.

Here is the purple one, sorry for the bad quality pictures i was very young when i do this selection:

View Image

View Image

View Image

It's all about the purple, the taste is that earthy/hash. good for making hash, very large head sizes.. low yielder as it deserve to be.

But anyway it's a good purple weed, im actually waiting for a pack of Triple Purple Doja, to see what i can get from it.. and currently running Chemdawg Purple from topdawg..

Good lucky on finding that purp keeper!!

very nice, thanks for sharing...peyote purple is next on my list with a couple others haha...cant just buy 1 pack you know...