What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prices in Maine

KONY

Veteran
What part of ME do you live bro?

Central Maine. It is all about quality. Someone previously said the wellness connection has top shelf stuff....

Just because it smells good and looks frosty does not make it top shelf. It needs to smoke very smooth and taste great till the very end... You should be able to smoke a joint or bowl, and have your mouth coated in great flavor.... Producing a high that last for hours and not minutes from chopping at 7-8 weeks.

hamstring

Veteran
I guess it was Cutler Maine which is near Machias Maine. Turns out Machias had an important part in the American Revolution. I never new that.

The current Cutler Naval Station was built in 1960 and became operational on January 4, 1961. It has a transmission power of 2 megawatts. As with all VLF stations, the transmitter has a very small bandwidth, and so cannot transmit audio (speech) but only coded text messages, at a relatively low data rate. The transmission consists of a continuously encrypted minimum-shift keying (MSK) signal capable of multi channel operations.[5] The transmitter operates on 24.0 kHz. In the past it operated on 17.8 kHz. The callsign of the station is NAA.

The second naval battle of the American Revolution was the Battle of Machias. In his History of the Navy of the United States of America James Fenimore Cooper dubbed this engagement "the Lexington of the Seas".[8] This battle, which occurred in June 1775 at Machiasport after townspeople refused to provide the British with lumber for barracks, led to the capture of the armed schooner HMS Margaretta by settlers under Captain Jeremiah O'Brien[9] and Capt. Benjamin Foster.

MurdaMishou

If anything I have learned Smoking and Buying bud in these parts for 20 years (smoked my first doob of tendies in 97 in Brewer Maine ). Grow your own! Jump in head first and do it.

Dabitupagain

As a patient I pay $225/OZ from a caregiver, down from $250 last year. Overall I have noticed prices going down in Maine since I moved here in 2009. More gardening stores have in the past few years as well. I don't buy QP, HP ect. but a friend reported $900-1000 street for QP. Hope that helps.

Not true. Qp are at 675. For A grade out if my garden

Sativan

I was in Maine over the summer and their prices are very good.

At home I'm paying $20/gram for illegally grown and cultivated. It's good product but it's outrageous to pay that much. When I get my Maryland medical permit the prices will still be too high.

Sativan

The growing season in Maine seems really short to me. It starts warming up and it's hotish for about 2-3 weeks and then summer is over. But the possibilities for growing outdoors are endless. It really has some beautiful sights to see. I'm sure a local grower could really find some far off places to grow their plants.

Burt

Veteran
Salmon creek OG, Bruce banner, platinum huckleberries, etc... are all 2400
Local boys will do 5-600 QP’s all day long and you best believe they know how to order seeds-lol
To me, it seems an influx of west coasters and their capitalist sensibilities. Distillate carts and fancy packaged edibles are welcome although a bit alien to the rural landscape

KONY

Veteran
I noticed mediocre flowers being sold in L/A area for 240 an oz. Also some much better quality being sold in Waterville for 280 an oz. This is obviously retail prices, but interesting. I know of plenty of people selling stuff for as cheap as 100 an oz. But it's not worth smoking.

Salmon creek OG, Bruce banner, platinum huckleberries, etc... are all 2400
Local boys will do 5-600 QP’s all day long and you best believe they know how to order seeds-lol
To me, it seems an influx of west coasters and their capitalist sensibilities. Distillate carts and fancy packaged edibles are welcome although a bit alien to the rural landscape

I agree with most of this, however there is and always will be a market for top shelf. Name alone doesn't really tell much. 95% of the commercial product out there is subpar. Especially the stuff far under 25 a lb.

If I had extra lb's of cookies to get rid of for example, I could get 3k for them. Or proper 12 week Guava, SourD or Casey Jones. The reason is; supply and demand.

There is literally 0 supply of this quality on the market, demand isn't huge by any means, but there is a demand and it's not being met.

Some people think just cause they have access to a named clone only strain, it's the same exact thing as everyone else growing that strain.

Last edited:
Some people think just cause they have access to a named clone only strain, it's the same exact thing as everyone else growing that strain.

thats the truth man, people love to run 11-12 week strains for 8 weeks and flood the market with it.

I noticed mediocre flowers being sold in L/A area for 240 an oz. Also some much better quality being sold in Waterville for 280 an oz. This is obviously retail prices, but interesting. I know of plenty of people selling stuff for as cheap as 100 an oz. But it's not worth smoking.

I agree with most of this, however there is and always will be a market for top shelf. Name alone doesn't really tell much. 95% of the commercial product out there is subpar. Especially the stuff far under 25 a lb.

If I had extra lb's of cookies to get rid of for example, I could get 3k for them. Or proper 12 week Guava, SourD or Casey Jones. The reason is; supply and demand.

There is literally 0 supply of this quality on the market, demand isn't huge by any means, but there is a demand and it's not being met.

I’m out of rep...so k+ and very well said.

~star~crash~

that's what i'm thinking ...how many pound buyers are running around Maine shelling out 2400 for product? ...i'm sure even the very best pounds are not flying out the door

p0opstlnksal0t

Down here along the NH coast the market is flooded. Every street probably has one house on it with a cg or indoor grow. I've seen some really good stuff here and it's unloaded for 15-16 15-40 units at a time. I would be surprised to see prices down in the Gulf states at 17 a unit now for bulk highs indoor. Maybe 700-800 for good outdoor. Buy 100 units at a time and could probably get it for 600 a unit down there

KONY

Veteran
that's what i'm thinking ...how many pound buyers are running around Maine shelling out 2400 for product? ...i'm sure even the very best pounds are not flying out the door

The very best pounds are sold before they are dry. They are not sitting around for weeks/months waiting to find a buyer. This is NOT the same product as 95% of growers are producing.

Every single time someone tells me about weed that is much under 25 a unit, they always says its great! Then I see it and I dont think they understand what great means. Or they just want their product to be something it's not.

True top shelf weed needs to taste great down to the end of the joint, it also needs to get you high for more than 30 minutes. It needs to test clean for mildew, pesticides and fungicides. A few grams in a baggy should stink up a whole house if its not in a jar.

These things are the reason 98+% of the commercial weed in maine is NOT top shelf. Tons of people have grown from seed, and found mediocre plants, or got clones of mediocre plants from their friends.