What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

another year in the toilet

cave

well another year in the toilet everything is starting to mold again
2 to 3 weeks before it's harvest time. cant find any strain that can survive the Vancouver coastal weather i guess because i live in a valley it is colder and more moist. in 4 years i have growing about 25 strains and not one has finished with out molding resulting in early harvest either from gray mold (mostly)or bud rot and pm. i don't know what to do anymore guess next year i will have to try some Nordic danish strains i read they are pretty mold resistant or some autos that i can harvest before September in less anyone has any other ideas.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
green house them..........de-hum and really good air flow........

or if you cant do the greenhouse, then your gonna be lookin for short flowering times something that might finish early sept..........

defolate,and see if that gets some air flow in there......

hope this helps buddie.......

northstate

ICMag Donor
Light dep. If you are legal and want to harvest earlier. Trigger three weeks before flower or so and you will have mold free meds.

B

Brad

are we talking total crop loss or just some mold??? there are plenty of strains out there that will fit the bill...just look outside the box when searching for seeds...ie most of the big retailers got squat msg me if you want

i battle the same issues every year - except im in coastal southern cal.

i still believe strain selection plays an important role. also preventative measures - calcium 25, silica supplements, jms stylet oil, serenade max, etc. check out this from uc institute of pest management:

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r302100111.html

keep your head up. dont get discouraged. best regards.

G

Guest 315072

if u cant find anything look into autoflower and mold resistant.. for the quicker flowering time.. i lost some to mold.. and in 4 days i think the rest might mold too.. kuz of this 4 days of rain.. next year im going to be running a couple strains that have been run in my area outdoors from some guerilla growers i just met.. maybe with strains that are proven to work in the area .. mite be able to succeed

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
well another year in the toilet everything is starting to mold again
2 to 3 weeks before it's harvest time. cant find any strain that can survive the Vancouver coastal weather i guess because i live in a valley it is colder and more moist. in 4 years i have growing about 25 strains and not one has finished with out molding resulting in early harvest either from gray mold (mostly)or bud rot and pm. i don't know what to do anymore guess next year i will have to try some Nordic danish strains i read they are pretty mold resistant or some autos that i can harvest before September in less anyone has any other ideas.

Hit up advent gardener on here, he knows of a spray that works really good for mold prevention...

B

bajangreen

25 years!!! if you were breeding your one they would have been acclimatize by now.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
25 years!!! if you were breeding your one they would have been acclimatize by now.

4 years, 25 strains

at OP:
Sorry to hear about your rough year. Might be time to try some different types of strains than what you've been using, but more likely, your technique, from feeding to pruning, probably needs to be revamped. Maybe focus on plant nutrients that will boost the plants ability to fight mold, spray early and often with safer treatments like aspirin, aggressively trim back plants before flowering, or a variety of other stuff.

If you're gonna lose all of it, take what ya can and make some oil so you at least have something to smoke on.

good luck

Oregonism

Well, if your in BC, then what about true AK Thunderfuck? It's short and that's what its purpose was for short summers above 50. Also look for Tang.

Always wanted to breed in the Early girl/pearl line for shitz and gigglz, they are all advertised as hella early finishers...medium yielders, but we can't all be picky, now can we?

Oregonism

4 years, 25 strains

Maybe focus on plant nutrients that will boost the plants ability to fight mold, spray early and often with safer treatments like Aspirin,

Have to politely disagree with the aspirin, the results of its use are highly ambiguous and the burden of proof is on you to back up that statement. There may be safer and more effective alternatives growing wild around his plants, than aspirin.

That being said, mold is a bitch.

sutra1

I have similar issues here in the NE. Every year I have 10/15% loss to bud rot, no matter the strain. This year appears to be no different................

blackone

Veteran
Same in Denmark. Some strains are worse than others but none are mold proof. Greenhouse humidity is sometimes worse than direct rain but with adequate ventilation and/or dehumidification it could work out alright.

B

bajangreen

do you clean out all the pop corn buds and stuff to improve air circulation? are they in full sun?

G

Guest 315072

just need to find the right outdoor strain.. honestly i had a couple strains.. that did horrible. some that are still out and went threw a week of rain.. and are still not molding here in new england.. so .. iunno im looking for a better yeilder but i have no clue i will start looking indoors and see what i can find that works aroun here

supermanlives

Veteran
Well, if your in BC, then what about true AK Thunderfuck? It's short and that's what its purpose was for short summers above 50. Also look for Tang.

Always wanted to breed in the Early girl/pearl line for shitz and gigglz, they are all advertised as hella early finishers...medium yielders, but we can't all be picky, now can we?
i have all the early strains. wasnt impressed with any of em . was gonna work with em but i moved back to cali. no need here. maybe i will break em out and play around. early girl,early pearl.early misty and a bunch of others. got a guerilla gold x passion1 x c99 and mity mite x passion 1.havent yet tried since made.

Latest posts

Latest posts