What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Love to see some outdoor Alaskan auto's

The Boys

I hope i can attract/inspire some alaskan outdoor auto growers. rich rainforest soil and 24 hour sunlight perfect for auto's. its a shot in the dark but i hope some alaskan outdoor growers can showcase thier autos here.

The Boys

I doubted that this thread would have any/manny posts, but it would be sweet to see some huge outdoor auto's

Tuco Ramirez

I'd be happy to see some alaskan growers also. My grows are in the north
as well. In Finland actually. What kind of strains do you have? Any pregrowing indoors??

The Boys

i dont have anything going right now , and i dont acctually live in alaska. i just wanted to see some huge outdoor autos. finland ? I LOVE THE DUDESONS !!!

greene

I'm working on it, next year maybe I'll have some female autos instead on the one male that popped up this time.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two summers ago while back packing in lower San Juans (SW Colorado, S. Rockies), found a patch of ruderalis. Yanked it up, grew it out and mated with an Alaskan auto, I think a Thunder-type auto, probably from Matanuska area.

Although the plant is not gargantuan, it's very decent smoke after taking it through a few generations. Nice to "marry" two different mountain range autos!!

Good luck with your ventures! ;o)

F

Folate

Indoor Alaskan here.
Anchorage area.
Never gave the outdoors much thought...
I''ve wondered about autos here.
Interested in feedback from those who have experience in the 49th state.
We are voting in November for legalization!
F

Last edited:

The Boys

Folate: as long is temps are alright you would potentially have e-nuf time to finish full sized autos, im curious what kind of temps do you have there and for how long?

MJBadger

Veteran
You have the summer temps & more than enough light to finish autos but what about mist/rain/wet periods do you have them ?

I have not heard of any auto that don`t turn to shit with wet weather .

Anders89

I got red dwarf, magnum auto ,red devil ,danes fruity\blue\pineapple\white at latitutde 61 . Should be the same as alaskan climate.

Deep in the valleys of the viking:)

etvevr.jpg

red devil

http://i61.tinypic.com/30aqqmq.jpg[/IMG]
Red devil

1dzeow.jpg

Red devil

2rnenfc.jpg

Homemade mixed cross of all danes strains.

2luqstl.jpg

Some red dwarf and magnum feminized also a few others i cant remember in the left. and right is homemade danes crosses.

This year i think the autos are going crazy. Some are Soon 2 m tall.
And the red devil so purpppp

Only problem is the morning dew and cold night temps make rot and mildew a big problem as the nature around starts rotting about the same time the fasttest autos finnish.

Magnum is suprising me its almost 2 m and the latest flowering with the tightest buds.
And almost no rot.

hom

Veteran
Nice looking garden Anders....I tried a few autos here in Ireland before but they just didnt like the wet so much. Took em all inside and finished them.

F

Folate

Its a wet August here in Anchorage.
Raspberries are kicking ass!
I'm wondering if hoop tents would be the solution after the weather turns sporadic.

I would like to think that the weather is changing for the better, due to the opening of the Arctic Ocean and similar... but with that comes snakes, spiders, and more stupid people.

Regardless, I'd love to hear more about peoples thoughts and experiences with growing Autos in Alaska, or 61deg+/-
Folate