What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the real.....sonoma coma??????????

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
i was just up north for the last 4 days, was speaking with this older man that tells me this crazy story about this strain(if you want i could tell you guys) but needless to say he is the one who made this baby and never even got to have seeds from her but his buddies who were with him that grow season got some.i just courious is this ladie still floatin around? the orignal make is lookin for her bad..............i herd the whole crazy story about her so please do not argue with me about this and please no bullshit tryin to do a good friend a favor and find his baby.

ok fuck it heres the story...............dude and three buddies were doing an outdoor crop in sonoma and were camped out for the season in the hills. they caught a wild pig and stuck it in a pin for food later in the months.well needless to say after planting they had some seeds left so they chuck them down the hill never thought they would sprout,after they would eat they chucked their caned food cans down the sloping hill well they strated pilein up and out of no where a dinky lil plant started to rise out of the can pile.they would laugh at it and wash the wild pig shit down the hill towards the plant and they were still throwing these bean cans down there too. well harvest time came and one of the buddies told them to come down and check it out,it was amazin they couldnt even believe after all the abuse it took this plant perduced not alot but unbelievable in the quaily catagory.they hung it and dried it,that first joint he rolled up he said was out of this world couldnt even stand up had to sit down kind of shit. well need less to say next harvest season the 4 buddies met up in a bar, two of them i guess found some seeds in the lonly dinky plant they laugh at.dude shows my friend and says this is that same stuff from that dinky plant and he now has a stable mom that hes fillin fields with. they smoke some and the guy tells my buddie im gonna call this sonoma coma.they laugh and part ways...........they way my friend talks about this strain i have to do him that great favor and resurface this legend. mind you this was 20-30 years ago.any info on here would be great and if shes still kickin today.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
I know two guys in SF still growing the SOMA Coma which is the same cultivar just the name was shortened.

sidewing

i have the sonoma coma cut. it came from up north growers in a small exclusive circle. havent flowered it yet, had too many other seed pops going before hand and just didnt have the room.. but my buddy who i gave a clone to has flowered it and says its top notch sativa weed.. so i have one lined up for the next flowering session. im positive its the real deal.

greenluv707

the detail and names of the other folks that were there were so dicripted that he couldnt be lieing........hope one day he gets back what once was his...........

sidewing

cutting down a sonoma coma indoor in flower in about 2 weeks.. its a crazy strain.. pretty high yield. fat buds that fill out nicely. id say i got about 20 main nodes, all equal in size. the smells change every few days.. ive had days where it smells like rotten fruit.. days it smells like red cool aid.. bug spray.. flowers.. and everything in between.. its intriguing to say the least. maybe ill post some pics if anyone is still interested. my cut is real.. it came from the people that have been submitting the strain into the cannabis cup competitions here in cali.. (happy lil trees) not sure if they are the originators mentioned in the story, but im pretty confident they are, but if not, the cut is still legit.

JOJO420

Veteran
I was walking around my block one day in Hollywood where I lived, and these gangster dudes were talking out loud and I overheard one guy saying " I got da good shit, ya know OG and dat Sonoma Coma.ect"
I laughed and kept walking.

KT420

This story business is getting out of control. Next we'll be having strains brought here by aliens and named by the pope.

greenluv707

i know the story sounds crazy but if you were in my shoes when i met this dude way out in hayfork, you wouldnt be sayin that...........

sidewing yes please post some pix would luv to see them......
does this cut float around from time to time?:thank you:

soopy

Veteran
I have smoked this strain and it is no joke. I remember standing was an issue, put me on my ass. I would love to get a cut of Sonoma Coma, does Happy Little Trees vend the cut?

Great thread, I have been wondering a lot about this cut lately. It's been over 5 years since I smoked it.

greenluv707

thats the same question i was gonna ask soopy,

that would be sweet to try this strain after hearing this story.......

i hope side wing post some pix of this girl havent really seen any pix of her anywhere.

im sure the smoke from this girl is no joke.......:tiphat:

sidewing

ill snap a couple of dark time pics here sometime before this weekend.. im working full time right now and with the summer heat i only step into the grow room once every few days when the light is on, weird schedule right now.. anyway, ill give my description to begin with until i get some pics going.

she grows pretty aggressively in veg, topping early to get more main nodes is a big plus in my opinion. you can end up with 1 huge main cola, or 10 huge main colas.. however many nodes you get, the colas will all be equal size..

i do all organic grows

she shows hairs real early in flower, and bud development is fast.. im on day 49 right now, and i think she is a 8-9 week strain. if i had to guess on a sativa/indica ratio based strictly off of growth, id say probably 65-70% sativa..

her smell changes a lot during flower, it smells early on, and changes between a wine, earthy, fruity, and everything in between on a daily basis.. at one point i swear it smelled like bug spray lol. in late flower its starting to remind me more of a blue dream type smell, but still a little more floral/wine smell.

the buds are fat, really really fat and dense with a great bud to leaf ratio. super dense, it really does remind me a lot of how blue dreams buds grow. yield id say is medium-high to high.

i dont have any idea of the genetic makeup, they didnt seem to want to give any info on that other than when i asked if it was more indica or sativa dominant they said it was indica, but i see it winning cup's for best sativa, and it grows more sativa dom, but my buddy that grew it out says it lays you out, cannot function. its just really really potent.

its caked with crystals, which is why i want to take a dark time picture so the crystals will really shine through.

basic quick description, thick fat stinky dense buds caked with crystals.. and low leaf content. the perfect weed.. im gunna pull her down on day 56 because im out of meds and i need, but in the future ill let her run to day 63 to go a little more amber.

will snap some pics in flower, and a couple of veg shots.. the ones i have in veg are small, only have 2 that im putting on the sideline for 1 run so i can go thru a few other new strains to see what they are about and if any are worth keeping.. but i already cannot wait until the following round when i flower the sonoma again.. she looks great. definately makes the final cut list for an all time keeper strain.

i have given this strain to 2 buddys to make sure it stays around.. i would give the strain to anybody, but i am not crazy about meeting random people i dont know because of paranoia. best i can do is just gift it away to as many people i feel comfortable with that i already know as i can, and hope that it makes its way around, i dont care about hording good strains, as far as im concerned good strains should be available to everybody so they can give it their run at it, my techniques are so dialed in plus i grow only for personal meds since i work a good full time job, so i dont have that greed mentality trying to corner the market.

sidewing

heres a pic of 2 different tops.. and of 2 different plants in veg:
day 49 of flower.
2yljs3s.jpg

zwm5wn.jpg

13z041.jpg

4r6sy8.jpg