What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
powder mildew, its everywhere! the shit sucks! people have lost tons of money to powder mildew. you use sulfur burners, serenade, neem, fungicides, raw milk, dutch master products and many, many other things that may knock pm down, but will not get rid of it. you may not see it, but it will come back! at at the time when it gets you the worst...

well guys, i have a product for you. my group of growers has been using this product for several years now. has never let us down and has never, ever, not worked!

EAGLE 20EW

BUT! THIS IS ONLY RECOMMEND FOR VEGETATIVE STAGE !!!

its a systemic poison like avid. you only need 2 ml per gallon for this to work, of course a spreader should be used such as a few drops of liquid dish soap. use it to get rid of pm, or as a prevention.

your days of the powder mildew blues is long gone.........:party:

good luck guys!:wave:

Last edited:
"but! i only recommend to use this product in vegetative state only!"

Right on KB, I am glad you mentioned that as I am on day 29. I guess it is greencure to finish out this run. Thank you for the help and will use it in the future.

happyhi

PM is not systemic, it exists in nature, you can control it using many of things mentioned
but telling people that you can eliminate it is nonsense, imo.
peace/hh

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
The only sure fire cure for PM I've ever come across is using Dutch Master Zone and Penetrator.
15ml per gal Zone
30ml per gal Pen
Mix a big bucket and dunk plant completely for 10-15 seconds.
Repeat once a week for 3 weeks and no more PM period.

W

W.P.

Any one ever try Jms-stylet oil?????

First spray with Zone 10mill per gall and penetrator 60 mill per gallon.

The Zone is basically chloramine and it will kill all activity on the surface. People have gotten good results just using this but IMOP is just waiting with the door open for an easy Re-evasion ( you are warned....)

Then NEXT DAY spray with a 1:3 or Aquasheild/Hydroguard : water ratio YES WAY over recommend dosage.

JMS-Stylet oil 4 tablespoons per gallon.

60 mill gallon penetrator.

So , in my pump sprayer I'll mix 250 mill Aquasheild, 750 mill water, 15 mill JMS-Stylet oil and 15 mill penetrator. ( this is close to a commercial regime )

YOU must keep shaking your mix as the oil and water will want to separate. Turn nozzle to fine mist .( must be some sort of pressure spayer, they got small ones for 10$)

Treat early in day once a week.

Any Q's

The guard/shield is just Bacillus subtillus (goes under names like Vanguard and Serenade commercially) , just the Jms- stylet oil alone will wipe out PM.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
If your not sposed to use it in flower, then how r u supposed to get rid of pm in flower when prevention counts the most? It says to reapply every 7-10 days, so even tho its systemic, it doesnt last long seemingly. Have you used this product on flowering plants or know those who have? If so what was the problem?

I use floramite (also systemic) in early-mid flower, and have never had any neg side effects.

hydr1

^^^I agreee....I think prevention and environment controll is the most important part.

PM usually shows up during flower and flower alone unless you really have no air circulation or you bring cuts from an infected mother. Basement growers try to fight this stuff but its in the walls and dry wall and spores everywhere.

I just blast everything with a 3-1 fungicide neem oil once or twice in veg and thats it. Ive never had PM but i have taken 5 plants with it and placed them in my flower room with 50 others and i had it gone in 3 days with this stuff...and it never came back.

Clean your room good and kill spores and theres no reaosn it should thrive.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
its systemic for 30 days i believe, maybe 45. my rooms have not had powder mildew for at least 3 years, with the exception of some cuts i got from a club recently, wiped it out instantly.

the reason why i haven't had pm in such a long time, is because i treat every plant before i put them into flowering. im using it as a preventative. when i got pm from the cuts, i used it as a pm killer.

this stuff works! this is no snake oil bullshit, i dont mess around with bullshit, this is the end of the road for powder mildew!

there are several members that i have already given this to, hopefully they will chime in. the bottle i have, i have given more away then used!

Kcar - sticker spreader, i use a couple drops of liquid soap...

Blckbrd

Sounds really good! I'd pull the trigger & buy some now, but I just bought some Physan-20 and Penetrator Gold for its application. Any opinion on how Physan-20 compares? Thanks.

UpInTheCut

Sound like a great preventative, Thanks Krunchbubble for the info.. How late into veg would it be safe to use? Could I use the product RIGHT before I put the babies into flower? Or should I spray a few weeks before I put them to flower?
Thanks in Advance
-Up

H

headfortrinity

Great info Krunch!

To the people with doubts: You might want to take a look at krunch's threads before doubting the man :plant grow: :D

FLoJo

It absolutely works 100 percent.

I had read Krunch mention it in another thread a while back and ordered it from tampa ag (had cheapest price)

i had a very bad case.. it had gotten outta control on mothers, clones, flowers.. everything

got a sulphur burner, ran it in my room, took out and cleaned all of my equip and the room itself, put everything back together...

during that time i sprayed eagle on every spot i saw on all of my moms... it took about a week of it popping up here and there but i sprayed every other day for a week... then once about 2 weeks later.. havent seen a spot anywhere in about 3 months..

shit is gold, no doubt.

oh ya, and just to let you guys know, i had used bicarbonate sprays, baking soda sprays, zone + penetrator combo, serenade, mildew cure, and everything.. nothing worked...

my environment has been in check forever, and one little clone wreaked havoc on my whole op.... eagle cleared it up, and everything is back to normal!

I love it when a plan comes together!!! Thanks for the info!

Krunch...
Is the vendor in your first post your preferred online retailer? I'm trying to find the best place to purchase the bulk goods at? I am really tired of having to go to six different places to get what I need. These retailers make it seem like fuckin rocket science to stock a store.

thanks again
H

BigTop

For those of you that don't mind a long read, but a hazard summary from the EPA... I cut & pasted the pertinent paragraphs...

""Toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity

At this time, there are 13 registered triazole-derivative fungicides with 53 uses on foods and 11 uses on non-foods (i.e., ornamental plants, turf, etc.). Additionally, the Agency has been petitioned to establish registrations for 14 triazole-derivative fungicides with 69 food uses and 4 non-food uses. This risk assessment addresses all registered and requested uses as of September 1, 2005.

4.1 Hazard Characterization

1,2,4-triazole (free triazole) is a metabolite common to a number of triazole-derivative pesticides, and is found in both mammalian (rat) and plant metabolism studies. Although for most pesticides, mammals convert only a small proportion to free triazole (less than 25%), two compounds (tetraconazole and flusilazole) demonstrate relatively high conversion (68-77%) in rat metabolism studies. As a plant metabolite, and given the wide use of triazole-derivative pesticides (used as fungicides on many crops as well as on turf) free triazole is found in a variety of food commodities, including animal byproducts. 1,2,4-triazole appears to be relatively stable in the environment, and may be found in rotational crops as well as in water.

The Office of Pesticide Program’s Health Effects Division (HED) has conducted aggregate human health risk assessments for 1,2,4-triazole and triazole conjugates (triazole alanine and triazole acetic acid). These assessments include evaluation of risks for various population subgroups, including those comprised of infants and children. 1,2,4-Triazole and its conjugates are common metabolites to the class of compounds know as the triazoles (a.k.a. triazolederivative fungicides, T-D fungicides, conazoles). These compounds all have a triazole ring with nitrogen atoms at the 1, 2, and 4 positions. In 2000, the Agency delayed granting registration of any new triazole pesticides or new uses of already registered triazole pesticides pending resolution of a number of toxicological, occupational/residential, and dietary exposure concerns, and issued data call ins for a number of studies. At this time sufficient data are available to support a risk assessment for these metabolites. Based on the toxicological information available at this time, HED has conducted two assessments: one for 1,2,4-triazole (1,2,4-T) and one for combined exposure to triazole alanine (TA) and triazole acetic acid (TAA). Both assessments are highly conservative, screening-level evaluations in terms of the hazards associated with these compounds (e.g., use of the maximum combination of uncertainty factors) and potential dietary and non-dietary exposures (i.e., high-end estimates of both dietary and non-dietary exposures).

Triazole alanine and triazole acetic acid residues are primarily associated with plant commodities whereas 1,2,4-triazole is associated with rats and livestock, with lesser amounts being found in plants. All three metabolites may occur in the environment, with their relative proportions depending on a variety of environmental conditions. The degree of formation of these metabolites in plants, animals, and the environment is highly dependent on the properties of the various parent triazole pesticides.

In spite of the limitations of the available database, a number of target organs and critical effects have been identified. 1,2,4-triazole targets the nervous system, both central and peripheral, as brain lesions (most notably in the cerebellum) were seen in both rats and mice, and peripheral nerve degeneration was also seen in the subchronic neurotoxicity study in rats. In addition, brain weight decreases were seen in several studies, including in the offspring in the reproductive toxicity study. In the subchronic/neurotoxicity study, there is evidence that effects progress over time, with an increase in incidence of clinical signs (including tremors and muscle fasciculations) during weeks 8 and 13 that were not seen during earlier evaluations. Effects were also seen on reproductive organs in both sexes, most notably ovaries (in rats) and testes (in rats and mice), in both the reproductive toxicity and subchronic toxicity studies. Hematological changes, including slightly decreased hemoglobin and/or hematocrit, have also been seen in multiple studies and species (in rats at doses of 33 mg/kg/day and above, and in mice at doses of 487 mg/kg/day and above). Studies depicting the effects of chronic exposure to free triazole or its conjugates are not currently available. A request to waive chronic/oncogenicity studies has been received by the Agency and is currently under review.

1,2,4-triazole also causes developmental toxicity in both rats and rabbits, including malformations, at doses similar to those inducing maternal toxicity (decreased body weight gain in rats and clinical signs and mortality in rabbits). Developmental toxicity was also seen in the reproductive toxicity study, with offspring showing adverse effects on multiple endpoints (including decreased brain and body weight) at doses lower than those at which effects were seen in parents. In addition, reproductive toxicity was seen in both sexes: at the highest dose (3000 ppm), only two F1 litters (one pup/litter) were produced, and neither survived to adulthood.

No data are available to directly evaluate the potential for carcinogenicity of 1,2,4-triazole. Available mutagenicity data are limited (salmonella assays submitted by the USTTF and a Russian literature report (MRID 45284011) of chromosomal aberrations in rat marrow cells), but negative. A large number of parent triazole-derivative pesticides have been classified as carcinogens (most also non-mutagenic), but the relevance of that finding to expected effects of free triazole may be limited. The types of tumors associated with exposure to the parent chemicals are most commonly hepatocellular adenomas/carcinomas in mice. Other tumor types vary considerably (including liver tumors, thyroid tumors, ovarian tumors, testicular tumors, and bladder tumors). None of the tumor types are clearly associated with the proportion of free triazole formed in available rat metabolism studies. The previous HED peer review committee concluded that it was not possible to predict toxicity of free triazole based on toxicity seen with parent compounds: these conclusions and their rationale are discussed in the memoranda from those meetings (see TXR Nos. 0052011 and 0052012, attached). This conclusion is supported by the recently submitted subchronic and reproductive toxicity studies for free triazole, identifying effects not consistently seen in toxicity studies with parent compound (including pathologic lesions in the nervous system and reproductive failure seen at the high dose in the reproductive toxicity study).""