What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alaska bill to regulate commercial Marijuana

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
February 25, 2015

A bill to regulate commercial marijuana, including proposed business license types, was introduced in the Alaska Legislature on Wednesday.

Senate Bill 62 was forwarded to the State Affairs committee after being introduced on the Senate floor.

Some details proposed in the measure:

• Businesses would need to be at least 200 feet from a church, school grounds or correctional facility.

• Retailers could sell only up to 1 ounce of pot to a single person in one day.

• Retailers would have to be closed between midnight and 8 a.m.

• Advertising couldn’t be “in a manner enticing to minors.”

• Packaging would be childproof.

• An individual dose of THC in edibles would be 10 milligrams or less.

• Integrated licenses, allowing one person to be a grower, processor and retailer at once, are proposed.

The bill proposes six license types. That’s more than exist in Colorado or Washington, which have three and four types of commercial licenses, respectively.

In Alaska, the proposed licenses would be:

• Marijuana producers: Grow pot and sell it to a processor or retailer.

• Processors: “Refine, process, cook, manufacture, develop, label and package marijuana and marijuana products," according to the bill.

• Retailers: Buy from producers and processors, and sell to the public.

• Testing facilities: Test, analyze and certify marijuana

• Boutique producers: A producer licensed to grow up to 50 marijuana plants and sell it to a broker.

• Home growers: Those who sell any amount of marijuana from their plants to a broker.

• Brokers: Buy from producers, boutique producers and home growers. They would sell to retailers and processors.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Huh, that actually seems ok at first glance... Alaska for the win?

it DOES look good. are they allowed to grow for personal use? I have not seen (or noticed) that...plant count for certain varieties could be crucial. if the type you like only gets to about 2' tall, you should be able to have higher numbers growing. if what you like does great in a scrog, and you can get a lb from one plant, maybe you don't need a dozen plants. just wondering...:tiphat:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
it DOES look good. are they allowed to grow for personal use? I have not seen (or noticed) that...plant count for certain varieties could be crucial. if the type you like only gets to about 2' tall, you should be able to have higher numbers growing. if what you like does great in a scrog, and you can get a lb from one plant, maybe you don't need a dozen plants. just wondering...:tiphat:

The legal plant count is LOW for the home grower in Alaska. 3 in bloom 3 in veg. You can possess ANY amount of bud in your home that the plants produce. You can receive gifts of up to 6 plants from anyone. You can purchase up to 6 plants of ANY size in veg from retailers. So far it sounds like the home grower with a license to sell to a broker will be blooming 3 massive trees each run.:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The legal plant count is LOW for the home grower in Alaska. 3 in bloom 3 in veg. You can possess ANY amount of bud in your home that the plants produce. You can receive gifts of up to 6 plants from anyone. You can purchase up to 6 plants of ANY size in veg from retailers. So far it sounds like the home grower with a license to sell to a broker will be blooming 3 massive trees each run.:biggrin:

3 in bloom low? I would serve up to 5 years for 1 here if they thought I was selling it. I think would find something that gets big & SCROG its damn brains out. you know, 10 feet wide, 3 feet tall...:biggrin: I couldn't smoke that much in a year...now.:)

B

Bob Green

This is what I am dreaming about. Here you would get 15 years for growing. I know a dude that was arrested Christmas Eve for under one gram. But then again I was arrested in the 90's PNW for a pipe no herb at all. Times are changing fast.

Jhhnn

Veteran
The whole boutique grower/ broker/ home grower part is an improvement on CO. I like it.

Wow, I guess for all that pain of cold weather and 20 hour days of sunlight, there is a silver lining up there w that god forsaken Sara Pailin state...

Still in Bush country here...ain't nothin good but oil

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Wow, I guess for all that pain of cold weather and 20 hour days of sunlight

What cold weather:biggrin: The jet stream shifted a full two years ago bringing warm air up here from Hawaii. My snowplow is sitting unused since the winter of 2012-13. No snow on the ground right now. Scientists are saying this may be the new normal:dance013:

Jhhnn

Veteran
3 in bloom low? I would serve up to 5 years for 1 here if they thought I was selling it. I think would find something that gets big & SCROG its damn brains out. you know, 10 feet wide, 3 feet tall...:biggrin: I couldn't smoke that much in a year...now.:)

It's easier than that. Dialed in (& even not so well dialed in), 6 plants under 1000w in a 4x4 space provides an ample supply for 2 people. That's with a lazy no training grow style. Doing it better than I have been, we could harvest 1 lb. every 4 months. Every 3 months starting 6 fems under another light a month before the flowering 6 finish. Somebody really good at it might get twice that much.

What it means is that we get to be generous with our friends, like giving away tomatoes out of the garden.

Works great, if that's all you want out of it. It's not like being 100% state legal 100% of the time is really any problem at all.

OldeMann

It will be interesting to see what the laws read when they are signed into law, lets hope for the best.

I have heard that the MPP is trying to get 12 plants, though I wish they would go to the 24 we were allowed under the Ravin act.

If you look at this NORML page it shows that a qp or 24 plants was legal in your home.