What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone growing in tubs?

DoDad

Rather than a bunch of small pots is anyone growing several plants in one large 21 gallon container?

If I need 3 gallons per plant could I put 7 plants in one 21 gallon tub?

Arkansux

Yes u can do tubs.. I fill 4x4 e&f trays with coco and plant directly into them , just think of them as beds like you wld do outdoors... Its actually a hell of alot better than growing in pots ,personally , better root systems and u water alot less often..

T

Teddybrae

if yer looks at my albums you will see large tubs alright ... and 4 meter mango haze ...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Rather than a bunch of small pots is anyone growing several plants in one large 21 gallon container?

If I need 3 gallons per plant could I put 7 plants in one 21 gallon tub?
Why? What is better for storage? Several thumb drives or one ginormous one? It all depends how much data you want to loose or how many plants may be affected by maladie, not to mention the hassle of maintaining them later on.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yes u can do tubs.. I fill 4x4 e&f trays with coco and plant directly into them , just think of them as beds like you wld do outdoors... Its actually a hell of alot better than growing in pots ,personally , better root systems and u water alot less often..
... watering maintenance is an art form which is learned over time. Although it may sound simple and folks are relatively lazy (e.g don't want to water every day) In the maintenance of a balance system in the perfect world, you do want your pot to dry out (remain moist not sodden or wet) every day (providing the plant ain't thirsty). Plants do not like having wet tootsies. Why do we water? Do provide the plants with nutrients and replace the water lost due to perspiration. Drink 6-8 litres of H2O each day and tell me how you make out. We drink to remain hydrated the plant does the same.

Latest posts

Latest posts