What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwd's Summer/fall indoor/outdoor grow/show

Buddler

Veteran
I was reading the little captions with the pics had a laugh and i have to agree with ya stop thinking theres something wrong with your plants lol.. That scrog plant looks perfect to me am i missing something ? Six more weeks . How are u planning to support the donks?.Ah the troubles we uber stoned cultivators face:smoke: ....Rant over Thank you .

deepwaterdude

Hey, Thermal, hey Bud,

I was reading the little captions with the pics had a laugh and i have to agree with ya stop thinking theres something wrong with your plants lol.. That scrog plant looks perfect to me am i missing something ? Six more weeks . How are u planning to support the donks?.Ah the troubles we uber stoned cultivators face:smoke: ....Rant over Thank you .

Rant accepted, thanks! She's starting to grow on me as she fattens reassuringly and is getting waaaay stinky, always a sign of health. Have to attach my carbon filter now. We've got a real nice patch of warm weather coming, 85 daytime, early 50s nights, so ZAm is lookin' fihiine, having another seamax-gasm. Also find that Abbott likes higher temps to get her goin'.

Tending toward pessimism, I haven't thought of donk support yet, I hope I'll have to;) I did add another bigass fan pointing at the open tent to rock the canopy a bit, help with 88f canopy temps and she likey. Oh, and yesterday I saw the first color on the base of a few hairs, so heading into middle flower shortly.

Am going to drop light schedule 1/2hr today to 11.5/12/5. Gday all!

DWD you're setup is crushing it brother.. girls couldn't look happier, nice work ..!!

Pulling up a seat as i have a malawi leaning Zam that is just REEEKS well above every girl around it.. Wishing you the Foxxiest Foxtails...

deepwaterdude

DWD you're setup is crushing it brother.. girls couldn't look happier, nice work ..!!

Pulling up a seat as i have a malawi leaning Zam that is just REEEKS well above every girl around it.. Wishing you the Foxxiest Foxtails...

Thanks, bro, I switched in the Black Dog yesterday, with a couple of 105w white LED spyders around the edges. Looks good, coveragewise, but still may replace the spyders with the Amare and run 1000w LED total. Mo is Better;)

Also doing a one reservoir flush at 0.4EC. Should take a few days after today's initial 3 gal rinse for her to burn through another 14gal. Then back to nutes.

News and pics by Sunday, dw

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Yeah sure! You are doing a great job with your plants. :huggg:

The A5 Haze x Malawi is a fine example of how to do a SCROG with a single plant in a small indoor tent, all the space filled up nicely with plenty of colas receiving lots of light intensity. She looks very healthy and well developed in her sixth week of flowering, my guess is that she is a NL5/Malawi pheno, and yes, you can expect strong foxtailing in the last wave of flower production with most A5 Haze x Malawis.

The outdoor Zamaldelica looks great as well! It's the well known, tamed, compact and fast flowering main pheno found in Zamaldelica feminized version since 2014.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :)

deepwaterdude

Light and light schedule change week 7

Light and light schedule change week 7

Hi deepwaterdude,

Yeah sure! You are doing a great job with your plants. :huggg:

The A5 Haze x Malawi is a fine example of how to do a SCROG with a single plant in a small indoor tent, all the space filled up nicely with plenty of colas receiving lots of light intensity. She looks very healthy and well developed in her sixth week of flowering, my guess is that she is a NL5/Malawi pheno, and yes, you can expect strong foxtailing in the last wave of flower production with most A5 Haze x Malawis.

The outdoor Zamaldelica looks great as well! It's the well known, tamed, compact and fast flowering main pheno found in Zamaldelica feminized version since 2014.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :)

Hey, my good friend, thanks for the kind words and discerning eye;)

Here's abbott this morning under his new light configuration. AS for the schedule change, I did it by accident! I checked the room at 7AM and lights were not on, so I left thinking I had programmed the timer without remembering it AT ALL. Came back in 20 minutes and lights were still out, realized I had inadvertently turned the power strip off night before;)

SO today they awoke at 7:20, don't know exactly when I turned the timer off last night, but prolly just before their lights out, I hope.

Anyway, Abbott and Costello are under around 950w of LED spread throughout the 5x5. Should/could be enough.

My mini-flush was aborted as soon as I saw signs of deficiency in the leaves. At the moment, she likes food available constantly and will have it. I did get to run about 12 gallons of .4 EC solution through her medium, so prolly helped a bit. Right now there are 6 gal of solution at 1.2 EC in the res. Base nutes at 1/2 strength + Nirvana almost full str.

Here he is for your viewing pleasure, the girls with guy names;)

Attachments

• @950 watts of LED.jpg
    @950 watts of LED.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Post mini flush.jpg
    Post mini flush.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 21
  • After 1 day without base nutes.jpg
    After 1 day without base nutes.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 25
  • Corner with least light.jpg
    Corner with least light.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Ref tops back left corner.jpg
    Ref tops back left corner.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Costello from the side.jpg
    Costello from the side.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Costello getting started.jpg
    Costello getting started.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Tasty looking pyramid.jpg
    Tasty looking pyramid.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Starting to smell big time outside.jpg
    Starting to smell big time outside.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

Well, that weirdness with my lights cutting out continued all day yesterday. I checked my timer, which was right on, nothing touching the power strip button to trip it, also everything rated 15Amps, 1800w, while I'm running prolly around 1200 with all the fans etc. I forgot that I live in a shack, as far as electricity is concerned, and I probably had too much wattage from the wall. I unplugged costello's spyder and a small intake fan that's not doing much to reduce the load by 250watts or so and system seems to be holding steady. Also, I'm so rural that electricity delivery is equally spotty. Can shut off many times in a day.

The other thing it could be is the Black Dog. It has a row of diodes out and may be shorting things. Have to keep a close eye. Anyhoo, the NextLight is not yet in its box. If things continue along these lines and I can't trust the system, I'll toss it back in. The Black Dog is rated for the same flower space as the NL, 5x5, and runs a bit more wattage with 300 5w diodes run at half strength instead of the much smaller NL diodes. Because the BD fixture is "only" 2x2', I feel I need supplemental light around the edges. Not so with the huge, 3x3 NL fixture.
Blah blah;)

Buddler

Veteran
D hopefully ya dont scare up some nanners if got any extra space in the fuse box could throw in a another 15 ampbreaker for your lights only. maybe those plugs are sharing around your place but usually that pops the breaker so kinda scary faulty wiring or just get the NL back in there.Any hoo thinking out loud bud and the Scrog is transforming into a beautiful work of art ! Thanks for da update..:artist: i noticed your RH is low nice for late flower where i live always dealing with high RH ..B

deepwaterdude

D hopefully ya dont scare up some nanners if got any extra space in the fuse box could throw in a another 15 ampbreaker for your lights only. maybe those plugs are sharing around your place but usually that pops the breaker so kinda scary faulty wiring or just get the NL back in there.Any hoo thinking out loud bud and the Scrog is transforming into a beautiful work of art ! Thanks for da update..:artist: i noticed your RH is low nice for late flower where i live always dealing with high RH ..B

Aha! Now that's a thought... plenty of room in the fuse box. Good suggestion I definitely wouldna thought of;) ATM If I microwave some noodles the grow is done, lol.
Low RH? Dude, 25 or so is way high! Sometimes I get to 30, if I spill 20 gal of water in the tray... Seriously, there is NO moisture in the air around here. White people's skin starts falling off after about a week;o) ANyway, 10% humidity outdoors is what i'm used to. Crazy. Thanks for the tips and assorted other words, Sir Marijuana-springs-from-his-fingertips.
And just between me, you and the internet, there is one nanner in the way back. It looks like the definition of a sore thumb, sticks out like mad with its yellow color, and looks basically like a pimple the plant is pissed and embarrassed to have. Ain't worried. ONE nanner... seriously, Abbott, make an effort;)
Have a good night fellas, dddwddd

Samuel Caldwell

...Low RH? Dude, 25 or so is way high! Sometimes I get to 30, if I spill 20 gal of water in the tray... Seriously, there is NO moisture in the air around here. White people's skin starts falling off after about a week;o) ANyway, 10% humidity outdoors is what i'm used to. Crazy....

:laughing:

*raises hand*

Yep, that would be me! lol

Buddler

Veteran
HA ha me two! ..High Desert!Bull pines and tumble weed, Afghani would do well there OD...:tumbleweed:B

deepwaterdude

Me three, by the way. Soul is Mediterranean, skin is Scots. Used to look young for my age...sigh...
Switched around some electrical stuff and the BD and 2 spyders haven't blinked in a couple days. Did see that temps peaked at 95f yesterday, which ain't good. Remedies abound. Also been sun blind a bunch around here. Nuts.

Sticky Sat

Hello DWD ! Everything's looking awesome around here, as usual ! :)
Your scrog is one of the nicest i ever saw. As Buddler so rightly pointed out, it's a true art work ! :tiphat:

We had the driest 4 days in a row this year, which gives us the lowest rh we can hope for here : 65 %... We usually stay between 85 and 115 %...

Have a nice sunday brothers ! :)

deepwaterdude

Week 8 uppity date - Abbott and Costello in blurple

Week 8 uppity date - Abbott and Costello in blurple

Thanks for the kind words sticky sat;)
Abbott and Costello are both growing on me. Abbott looking good mid week 8 and Costello looking excellent just getting started. Getting fed better than Abbott did at her age.
Abbott has some leaf trouble, as usual where they metabolize the most, directly under the light. They got a tablespoon of epsom salts last res change.
Last couple of pics are of the sea anemones orf mentioned - Panama x Zamaldelica testers under the same Black Dog. The kind of colas I expected this grow;)
Edit: Abbott and PZ1 pics are both taken week 8, looks like abbott will finish much faster, thinking week 12.
Gooday all, dee

Attachments

• The Lair mid week 8.jpg
    The Lair mid week 8.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Costello and Abbott.jpg
    Costello and Abbott.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 23
  • The field-lookin pretty nice actually.jpg
    The field-lookin pretty nice actually.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 1:5 scrog.jpg
    1:5 scrog.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 22
  • babes of the back row.jpg
    babes of the back row.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 25
  • Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PZ1 in pink.jpg
    PZ1 in pink.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 24
  • getting same food Abbott does, just every 2 days.jpg
    getting same food Abbott does, just every 2 days.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Costello in fine health.jpg
    Costello in fine health.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 24
  • On and on she goes.jpg
    On and on she goes.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

8 weeks down - A5 x Malawi

8 weeks down - A5 x Malawi

Buds start to look good, leaves start to look very bad. Could be spectrum shock, i.e. different colors asking the plant to metabolise more of this or that all of a sudden. What's that look like? Cal def? I've seen this sort of leaf curl on a lot of blurple LED grows.
Anyhoo, looks like the flowers want to go another few weeks, so I lowered EC to 0.9 from 1.15 or so. She had a blast of seamax recently that should help bring her home without a lot of food. With my constant drip, I prolly shoulda gone a lot lower the whole time.

Zam and Costello next

Attachments

• Abbott at 8 weeks down.jpg
    Abbott at 8 weeks down.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Finish is in sight, leaves look bad.jpg
    Finish is in sight, leaves look bad.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Right bottom corner is stacked.jpg
    Right bottom corner is stacked.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 24
  • More scrog.jpg
    More scrog.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 21
  • The field in green.jpg
    The field in green.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 25
  • BD back on.jpg
    BD back on.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Blurple off.jpg
    Blurple off.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 22
  • I dropped EC to 0.9.jpg
    I dropped EC to 0.9.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

Costello coupla weeks in - A5 x Malawi clone - Zam outdoor

Costello coupla weeks in - A5 x Malawi clone - Zam outdoor

Nice color, good chin, looking like she'll enjoy taking Abbott's place in a few weeks;)
Zam is a stinky beaut. Doing well in this weather, still good sun in daytime. 40's night. She enjoys a medley of foodstuffs.

Attachments

• Costello in blurple dress.jpg
    Costello in blurple dress.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 27
  • In her green.jpg
    In her green.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Whispy colettes in good health.jpg
    Whispy colettes in good health.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Doin' well, getting food and fat.jpg
    Doin' well, getting food and fat.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 25
  • The moment a huge bird grabbed my camera (see shadow).jpg
    The moment a huge bird grabbed my camera (see shadow).jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Zam a month in.jpg
    Zam a month in.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 26

Buddler

Veteran
Buds start to look good, leaves start to look very bad. Could be spectrum shock, i.e. different colors asking the plant to metabolise more of this or that all of a sudden. What's that look like? Cal def? I've seen this sort of leaf curl on a lot of blurple LED grows.
Anyhoo, looks like the flowers want to go another few weeks, so I lowered EC to 0.9 from 1.15 or so. She had a blast of seamax recently that should help bring her home without a lot of food. With my constant drip, I prolly shoulda gone a lot lower the whole time.

Zam and Costello next
SHES filling in nice dewd are ya getting any red hairs yet ? Its getting late for green leaves maybe couple more weeks u figure ? Going to be nice smoke..:tiphat: Nice work bro..

deepwaterdude

SHES filling in nice dewd are ya getting any red hairs yet ? Its getting late for green leaves maybe couple more weeks u figure ? Going to be nice smoke..:tiphat: Nice work bro..

Whassup, Mr-Buried-In-Bud:tiphat:

Yep, she's startin her finish, lots of red hairs, a second nanner and lots o swelling going on;o) More like 3 weeks left, still got a lot of new foxtails to finish. Cut the EC to .75, added a bit of overdrive. Leaves complaining away. Colder nights now, into the high 50s. Think highs were 82, low 57 yesterday.
All your babes down? Was it just that one a5 x mk that hermed?

Outdoors ZAm's wanting more food, getting stinky, still all in
white;0)

Pics this weekend when Abbott starts week ten;o)

Buddler

Veteran
Whassup, Mr-Buried-In-Bud:tiphat:

Yep, she's startin her finish, lots of red hairs, a second nanner and lots o swelling going on;o) More like 3 weeks left, still got a lot of new foxtails to finish. Cut the EC to .75, added a bit of overdrive. Leaves complaining away. Colder nights now, into the high 50s. Think highs were 82, low 57 yesterday.
All your babes down? Was it just that one a5 x mk that hermed?

Outdoors ZAm's wanting more food, getting stinky, still all in
white;0)

Pics this weekend when Abbott starts week ten;o)
Howdy dude your sure getting a nice run of weather..Yes just one hermied ive go three left standing but have been heavily modified from bud mould these plants need to be in a controlled enviroment to finish here too late in season high RH..Good news is i got clones one of each so and some Golden tigers..These plants grow dense big buds.Your going into overdrive ..Keep er going:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Howdy dude your sure getting a nice run of weather..Yes just one hermied ive go three left standing but have been heavily modified from bud mould these plants need to be in a controlled enviroment to finish here too late in season high RH..Good news is i got clones one of each so and some Golden tigers..These plants grow dense big buds.Your going into overdrive ..Keep er going:tiphat:

Sorry about your mold, man, send 'em my way to finish:0) RH in the tent with a tray full of runoff is 16%;o) Speaking of which, holy crap, i figured out why Abbott's looking down. Runoff pH at 5.2:biggrin: Where's the Homer Simpson slap in the head emoji when you need it. She's getting flushed with 6.7 atm, poor thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts