What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn Tycho I'm gonna have to read up slowly on everything you posted, man I love the info and seeing how other guys do things. Even if growers do things different I think it's essential if you wanna get better to watch and learn no matter how old you are. I'm gonna shower and come back and go over your posts. I've been so busy with my outdoor plot and plants.

Tycho do you plant those peat pots straight into your holes??? I'm assuming you'd have too ??

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks bud.
Yep. By the time they go in the ground the roots are sticking out the bottom of the pots about 3 inches. When I used them in the past, everything died because I didn't know how to use them. I stumbled on the secret in Julian's (rinse, fill, water from the bottom. Works like a charm), and watching Hoypare's massive operations. I feel for him at this time of year. His workload must be massive.

Yesterday was killer. Cold and soaking wet in the morning (from dew), and sweating like a bush pig in the afternoon. Whenever I find a dead plant, I kick myself. Next year, *everyone gets a cage.

Hoypare.

watching Hoypare's massive operations. I feel for him at this time of year. His workload must be massive
None stop this week mate,out this morning starting to strim an acre :yoinks: i reckon its going to take 4 full days,and got over a thousand plants to get into the ground on an already prepared plot,sweating like a pig while strimming today,starting to lose weight already,always do this time of year :tiphat:
picture.php

View image in gallery

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I hear you on the weight loss. I get home and she makes me a salad? She's either looking out for my health, or I'm fatter than I think. Lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I can't express fully, how happy I am to see the Prince out there helping you Hoy, and getting his hands dirty like a commoner..:biggrin:

Right On, Harry!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've seen them and thought the same thing. I think they are meant for protecting the bottoms of young tree's from small animals. Maybe I'm wrong.

They do have 10 packs of 20 gallon white on one side black on the other side plastic grow bags , on Ebay. $11.79, free shipping.

Yea that's what I'm talking about. There to protect the trees roots while they move or transport.....something like that. I might grab 1-2 and see if there usable. I made some grow bags outta landscape fabric so I've got some cheap bags. I'm prolly good til next yr but I'd like to get those 20g tree bags and maybe reuse them.....there in the clearance.

Tycho....it's been 15ys or so ago I used those peat pots. I didn't keep them in a tray of water, I seen some at dollar store.....Ive got some seeds I'm germing and might grab some.

This thread has more to offer from growers experience and words. I know pics are nice too but a lot of the info is in the print lol:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's exactly how we use them Tycho julian style water from the bottom,lots of info in his thread,the guy should have condensed it all down into book format,wish he had :tiphat:

That thread is definitely required reading.

Your roots are healthier than mine. My pots are a little shorter but wider I think. Yours are taller and narrower which I think gives you a better root ball, and lets you transport more. In anycase, they work really well, as does watering from the bottom. Do you rinse them before filling them, or fill then hydrate?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Man you couldn't ask for a better grow site. Mine is nice but it's on a hillside, plus I'm had to cut a ton of trees and brush to get enough sunlight. I'd like to post the before and after pics post clean up but for security reasons I wont

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Time for a little auto update.
Had a dozen or so NL Autos left over so I planted these behind my shed as the control group with proper feeding and to know how those in the field should look like. This way I can tend them accordingly.

BTW, I've made my peace with ticks. Ignore them, work, get home, strip, shower or jump in the pool. Peace.

8 weeks
Height: 2.5-3 feet tall. (untopped)
Direct sunlight: 5am - 3pm, then it's shade from the shed.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php