What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Join Absolem in Wonderland

Absolem

is that inside a shipping container?

It's a 30x40 building. Here's some pics.

This is the veg room. It's 11x17 with 12' ceilings.
picture.php

This is the flower room. The closed door to the left is the veg room door.
picture.php
picture.php

Veg room ballasts.
picture.php

V

ValleyHill

Loveley journal. Plenty to learn from in here. Any tips on producing roots like that.
Atb vh

Absolem

Loveley journal. Plenty to learn from in here. Any tips on producing roots like that.
Atb vh

Thanks for checking the thread out.

I clone in Rockwool and wait until the bottom of the cube is covered in roots before planting into 1/2 gallon grow bags.

Once the clone has a strong root system they are ready for transplant. I'll open up the bag of Canna Coco and dump it into a 50 gallon Rubbermaid and fluff it all up. I then fill the 1/2 gallon grow bag up and plant directly into the coco coir. Once all the plants are transplanted I hit them with full strength veg nutes. About 1.8 ec. Don't compact the coco when transplanting or pic the bag up to "settle" the coir down. The first several watering's will compact the coco coir to the right density and will give the coir the proper air porosity for the roots.

From the 1/2 gallon bags I go into 3.5 gallon pots. The pots I use have nubs on the bottom and hold the container up about 1/4 off my trays. I also drilled more holes in the bottom for better drainage. Once I see roots out of the bottom of the containers I'll start light multi feedings.

I think to many people go wrong by compacting their coir down and lose out on the great air porosity coco coir offers.

Years ago I used to by the bricks and hydrate them. Now with a bigger grow that just takes to much time. If you do use the brick coir most likely you will bring the coco coir to full saturation when hydrating it. When this happens let the coco coir sit until it is the same fluffiness as bag coir.

Transplanting into fully saturated coir you will lose out on the air porosity coir has to offer and starve the roots of oxygen. When
this happens there really is no way to get your root system going good.

Peace

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Fluffing the coco from the bag is such a key step. I do the same and ad 10-15% #3 perlite. This helps with drainage and aeration as the coco gets compacted from regular feedings.

-Funk

bucketgirl

Hi Absolem, did you abandon your peat/perlite + coco mix? Was going to give that a shot over straight coco but if I'm reading correctly, you're on straight coco yourself now...

V

ValleyHill

Thanks for checking the thread out.

I clone in Rockwool and wait until the bottom of the cube is covered in roots before planting into 1/2 gallon grow bags.

Once the clone has a strong root system they are ready for transplant. I'll open up the bag of Canna Coco and dump it into a 50 gallon Rubbermaid and fluff it all up. I then fill the 1/2 gallon grow bag up and plant directly into the coco coir. Once all the plants are transplanted I hit them with full strength veg nutes. About 1.8 ec. Don't compact the coco when transplanting or pic the bag up to "settle" the coir down. The first several watering's will compact the coco coir to the right density and will give the coir the proper air porosity for the roots.

From the 1/2 gallon bags I go into 3.5 gallon pots. The pots I use have nubs on the bottom and hold the container up about 1/4 off my trays. I also drilled more holes in the bottom for better drainage. Once I see roots out of the bottom of the containers I'll start light multi feedings.

I think to many people go wrong by compacting their coir down and lose out on the great air porosity coco coir offers.

Years ago I used to by the bricks and hydrate them. Now with a bigger grow that just takes to much time. If you do use the brick coir most likely you will bring the coco coir to full saturation when hydrating it. When this happens let the coco coir sit until it is the same fluffiness as bag coir.

Transplanting into fully saturated coir you will lose out on the air porosity coir has to offer and starve the roots of oxygen. When
this happens there really is no way to get your root system going good.

Peace
Sorry for the late response but thank you for your reply.
Hope everything's going ok
Vh

Absolem

Hi Absolem, did you abandon your peat/perlite + coco mix? Was going to give that a shot over straight coco but if I'm reading correctly, you're on straight coco yourself now...

Hi Bucketgirl,

I did drop the peat from the mix because I could no longer get it from a local supplier. The main reason I added the peat was for microbial life and to lower the ph of the coco. The peat I used was Pro Moss TBK.

The main reason I used this kind of peat is the fibers were long and they don't hold the water like most peat does.

Been super busy with the new facility. I hope to start a new thread soon. Here's a few pics.

Day 21
picture.php

Day 28
picture.php

Day 35
picture.php

Day 42
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts