What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Koondense

Veteran
Around 80 days from seedling

Auto_Mal_x_NL_pre_finish1.jpg

Auto_MxNL_fat_pre_harvest.jpg

She went through one transplant and had quite extreme heat levels, last 3 weeks it was 34-36°C highs and 27-29°C lows, humidity@ 60-75%, pretty crazy range for indoors.
Harvest arrived after 83 days I think, in ideal conditions she would go 90 days. Maybe next time :)

Auto_MxNL_whole_harvest1.jpg

Cheers

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Mine is ready too in a few days i think... 81 days old today. Still a lot of green, already gave her a lot of clear water but i can't change it. Will got some nice seeds too, not that much but a few ripe hopefully. Will show when i do the harvest...

20220724_124337-01.jpeg
20220724_124655-01.jpeg
20220724_124251-01.jpeg
20220724_124449-01.jpeg

20220724_124524-01.jpeg

20220724_124626-01.jpeg

20220724_124501-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@Koondense
Like to see your final product. :)

The outdoor stuff is little but very good. Good clear head high, you are focused on reading and total forgot the time. Later getting tired and relaxed like the Northern Lights should do. (y)

20220802_221933-01.jpeg
20220802_221623-01.jpeg
20220802_221702-01.jpeg

The one at the window is still budding, first seeds coming out...
Tomorrow i will harvest the head from the one at the window which is 85 days old now, the side branches will remain because of the still growing seeds...
Harvest maybe end of the week. Still not decided for a strain name. Orange Lights from Malawi ist a bit long so maybe just Orange Malawi. Looking forward to let them grow in the future!
:gift: :happybirthday:

20220802_101529-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Thanks @dubi , 30cm plant but all bud! :biggrin:

Orange Sky x Passion #1 = Purple Cloud (my first strain, i grew 2 plants now at the window)

So, for the new strain; Orange Sky x [Malawi x NL] , i choosed the name Malawi Sun. How do you like that name!? :) Will just be a Hand full of ripe seeds, so it's gonna be something really special. Especially because the Orange Sky(aka Orange Bud) is really good regular genetic which i used over the years and the Malawi x NL is too. (y) Don't have much experience with breeding, just 2 times now... someone here told me this new seedlings will be regular photoperiod plants!? Maybe some semi-auto phenos if i'm lucky...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mitsuharu Orange bud was an orangy (taste wise) Skunk variation, very popular in coffee shops during late 90s-early this century, very popular in Amsterdam around that time .... it was tasty and effects were pleasant but like most Skunk 1 variations it's the kind of weed that won't make you discover new things.

A cross between a fully autoflowering strain like Auto Malawi x NL and a photoperiod strain like Skunk 1 or Orange bud will produce a semi autoflowering hybrid, others like to call it fast versions.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
First 50 Seeds of my new Strain Malawi Sun. :cool:Hope i will get some more out of the dry weed but im very satisfied till now.

20220812_080517-01.jpeg
20220811_182636-01.jpeg

The Malawi x NL Weed is great, i got a very deep sleep after a good head high. So you can see both the Malawi and Northern Lights Strains in it. Really nice autoflower work and performed very well at the window in summer.👌 Harvested after 92 days from seed.

20220812_082857-01.jpeg

20220812_083219-01.jpeg

20220812_082707-01.jpeg
20220812_083049-01.jpeg

Outdoor i only would recommend when you start in the final container or as soon as possible in the ground from seed, otherwise the plants would stay very small. The one at the window was also small but i repotted a little late(after 20 days veg and preflower) and used only a 3,5L Container. But the plant was great, all bud you can say. :)

Thank you guys for watching and thanks @dubi and ACE Seeds for making this strain with such good conscience and honesty and made my new own strain possible. ✌️

Last edited:

endriupell

Auto Malawi x NL does indeed tolerate heat very well. Thanks for the updates @Koondense and @Mitsuharu yours are looking like the sativa/indica phenos now at mid flowering.
What kind of scents are you getting ?
Hello everyone, im Andrew from south of Italy. I had 1 auto malawi x NL seed in my fridge for 2 (TWO!) years! And this spring i tried it, in soil outdoor.
AMAZING guys, is a terrific genetic!
40° celsius and no problem with it, water any 2 or 3 days (40°!) And almost 100 dry grams!
I did it with generic light mix soil mixed with field soil, perlites and my chicken excrement. I feed her with moleasses, organic bloom Atami, Atami organic soil booster and Canna cure spray once at week (foliar way)Neem oil once at week. She starts to flowering in exactly 4 week and i had a long period, less or more 12 weeks.
During an hard tempest she has been broken in half, they missed 4 weeks for end.
I fixed her properly, there was a lot of wind until 29km/h. No problem. She continued until the end
It's possible do miracle with AUTO ACE SEEDS because im good, but with this little tried im starting to know the difference betweens good genetic and GOOOOOD genetic
Its my first Ace Seed and im very happy<3 During the winter i will try indoor, let's do this!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@endriupell
Sounds really good... do you made no photos? Let us know here when you are starting your indoor-grow. ✌️

First 50 Seeds of my new Strain Malawi Sun. :cool:Hope i will get some more out of the dry weed but im very satisfied till now.
I have 60 perfect Malawi Sun Seeds now and mostly from only 2 side branches which i pollinated. 🥳 Maybe will got some more from the weed...

endriupell

@endriupell
Sounds really good... do you made no photos? Let us know here when you are starting your indoor-grow. ✌️

I have 60 perfect Malawi Sun Seeds now and mostly from only 2 side branches which i pollinated. 🥳 Maybe will got some more from the weed...
I will upload, ive somethings of Day after tomorrow, when she cracked in two pieces i did some photo, i was in panic, i never broken AF

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome @endriupell :D Glad to hear you had such a good yield from your single Auto Malawi x NL girl! Would be great to see some pictures if you have some. Hopefully the experience motivates you to try more ACE genetics!

Your outdoor Auto Malawi x NL harvested buds look delicious @Mitsuharu ;) and with lots of nice sativa influence. Hope you have been enjoying with her these last months!

It's great to see you around here @richardwilliams :D Thanks for giving a try to our first autoflowering strain up there in Canada, you indeed got sativa dom expressions, especially the one on the left. The one on the right looks like a more balanced sativa/indica expression.

And sorry guys for my delay in the reply :sleep:

Latest posts

Latest posts