What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear ULMW :wave: Auto Malawi x NL is looking super healthy in early flowering at your northern latitude.
How did the plants finish there ? Very curious about it!

Thanks cidA for sharing your opinion and smoke report on your balanced sativa/indica fruity pheno and the more sativa woody earthy Malawi expression.
Glad they came out so potent and with so many sativa qualities for you! :)

If you liked the experience and you look for something more potent within the auto sativa dom field then i would recommend you to try next year Auto Zamaldelica ;)

cidA

Auto zamaldelica is on my to do list next year. As far as I understand it delivers deeper and more complex effect. Now I'm running my own little project, I do have some fem pollen of a very vigorous very high yielding and outdoor resistant auto gsc hybrid, the plan is to get some F2s by crossing it with golden tiger and plant as many of those as possible outdoors. I might try to make some gsc BX as well, to see what improvements this combination could bring to overall performance.

jgaf

Just thought I would give an update after what I consider a successful greenhouse grow of the auto malawi NL cross this year. I have one plant under a 150 watt LED which I have been aggressively LST'ing. Plant is 30 days old today and showing pistils everywhere but no bud formation yet. I'm sure it will happen soon, any idea which pheno this is?
malawi1.png

malawi2.png

Attachments

• malawi1.png
    malawi1.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 85
  • malawi1.png
    malawi1.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 90
  • malawi2.png
    malawi2.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 84

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room jgaf and thanks for choosing Auto Malawi x NL for your current. Auto genetics catch up very fast with the bud development once flowering is started after 4-5 weeks of life. Looks like a sativa/indica pheno, will be able to comment more once she is more into flowering. Best wishes!

jgaf

A little update on my auto malawi on day 43 from germinating (day 46 total). Still no signs of buds but hopefully soon, plant looks really healthy and happy with how it has responded to LST. Growing in standard potting compost amended with perlite, vermiculite and fish blood and bone, have started to feed it with weak dose of biobizz bloom once per week during watering.
IMG_20211111_114133.jpg
IMG_20211111_114218.rotated.jpg
IMG_20211111_114203.rotated.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see your Auto Malawi x NL so healthy, vigorous, bushy and finally flowering :)

She filled up to the max all the growing space, something not easy to achieve with most auto indicas currently available. A very promising auto indoor show you have going jgaf ;)

jgaf

I think I am very close to the end of this auto malawi grow. I'm on day 91 from germination, the buds are starting to fall over under their own weight. Still a lot of white pistils on some buds while others have almost all turned red, trichromes are a mix of clear and milky, no amber yet. Have just dropped the light down to 12 hours for the final few days. Looks like she will be a good yielder, thanks again dubi (any ideas on how much longer I should leave her, I know the photos are terrible I selected "Fullsize" when uploading 🤷‍♂️?)
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211230_125654.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	18027179

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211230_125729.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	18027180

Last edited:

DaleMorning

Hi Dubi& The ACE Team!

My first post on this forum, since I lost my last user account 10 years ago and spent some time off.... After returning to this hobby about two years ago, I've tried few of your autoflower strains, mainly Auto Zamaldelica, and Auto Malawi x NL. I earlier had them in smaller pots, but now tried to grow one Malawi x NL in large sub irrigation pot, and I have some questions concerning this pheno that popped out...

I tried to write an email to your customer service, but it came clear that they don't know much about the genetics. They just kept apologizing and offering free seeds for the next order. I thought the emails would come to you guys, but I guess that you are a bigger company than I expected, so you have "regular" people working the customer service. Which is cool, would probably be impossible for you to answer all the emails concerning orders :)

Anyhow, this girl didn't start to flower automatically, and I'm wondering why. It went on for 9 weeks, until my photoperiods got big enough also to swicth the light cycle to 11/13. And then after that it started to flower too... I fucked up the nutrients at some point, I reacted too late to some deficiencies, so she looks a bit suffering at the moment.

I was also able to take a cutting from her, which has rooted and is vegging quite normally at the moment.

What do you think is going on? Is there chance, that I accidentally got a photoperiod seed? Or is the plant showing recessive photoperiod genetics? Or maybe something else?
And really, I'm not unsatisfied customer, and don't really need any compensation for this. I'm actually more happy this happened, since I'm kinda excited what I could do with this cultivar :)

Thanks for your help! Jah bless jahwise

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Here is my first Malawi x Northern Lights Auto, it had problems after germination, was very slow... it's already day 11 but looks good now and hopefully will grow faster when it gets more leafs. @ window sun and will be mostly a window grow. I will grow another one soon for outdoors(bought a pack of 3 seeds)... 👋

20220512_122500-01.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jgaf sorry, i missed your post. Nice yielding Auto Malawi x NL, she looked in the pic like she needed approx 2 weeks left to finish.
Next time you can feed her a bit stronger during flowering for better yields. How was the finished product ? Did you like it ? Thanks to you for your support!

Hi DaleMorning that's the extremely rare, and the first case i know of our Auto Malawi x NL not producing a fully autoflowering plant, and we have distributed thousands of seeds of the strain since its release. Please, accept our apologies and the replacement offered by our team.

Mitsuharu Good luck with yours! :)

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@dubi

She is 20 days old now. Still small but i kept her in a really small pot till now... Planted her now in the final 3,5L pot, will be total bio in tomato vegetable soil + bat guano. 10 days till flowering, hope she will grow better in the bigger pot with bio soil...

20220522_180853-01.jpeg

Small but she is coming...! :groupwave:

20220522_180927-01.jpeg

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
We will hope the best but i don't see many hairs left but could also be the low resolution of the photo. ;) 🤷‍♂️

For me, i planted 2 more seeds yesterday, should be more interesting, maybe putting one or two outdoors. 🦊

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mitsuharu to maximize the growth of your autoflowering seeds in their unique first month of growth or so, we recommend to sow them directly in their final big pots and if you are going to grow them outdoors then sow them when the weather is more favorable (months of stronger light intensity, warmer temps and longer days).

A pleasure to see you posting again orfeas friend ;) Yours is showing in structure and flowering traits the more NL auto (rudelaris/indica) side of this hybrid.
Such phenos are also the fastest to finish although i prefer the more balanced sativa/indica expressions and more sativa phenos for finished product.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@dubi
Yeah, a colleague already gave me the tip, thanks. But like i said before; the first plant will grow at a window and should not be so big. It's first more the interest at this strain. :cool:🔎

The 2 other seeds sucessfully germinated today and are planted in bio soil now... (y)

The first plant is already showing signs of flowering after 22 days:

20220524_144744-01.jpeg

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
@orfeas
I think your plant had too much N, looks like she isn't budding so much more, more leafs than buds...
Jumping to conclusions is rather shaky, man... You've only seen one single picture, one of low res :p if you deign.
Mind you, there's no hair gone, they're definitely no Malawish, so spoke el Jefe ;)
I've seen this fox-tailing flowering fashion before on the same specimen back in '18 and I can assure you N was not excessive... time will tell and it's only a month away ...

Muchas gracias Jefe! :)

:tiphat:orfeas