What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

squatty

Anyone else getting hermie flowers in their buds? The smaller, more indica pheno I've got has been throwing out hermie flowers for the last week or so. Its getting ready to finish and just started this.

Ksaderfo

Anyone else getting hermie flowers in their buds? The smaller, more indica pheno I've got has been throwing out hermie flowers for the last week or so. Its getting ready to finish and just started this.

the only problems I had was one not germinating... But that might have been to alot of things.. didn't bother to mention it.

Hermies no...

Koondense

Veteran
Finally I got the chance to see the MalawiNL I gave to a friend to take care of.
Obviously as always, despite my instructions on feeding and all, she got only water and in some quite ridiculous regime and amounts. But thankfully I anticipated all that and amended the soil well enough so the plant wouldn't suffer underfeeding too early.
Took just a couple photos, almost all came out blurry, here's the only one for now.

Malawi x NL Autoflower
picture.php

The plant is probably the biggest autoflower he had, probably not only genetics at work but also good soil and fabric pot size.
She got the first feed today(organic liquid mix I made) and hopefully will get a few more before ripening. She looks right passed mid flowering so I think another 3-4 weeks and she'll be done.
Smells delicious, sweet, sour, creamy and fruity, like a perfect outdoor plant smell. No dankness or heavy smells for now.
Caterpillars love stopping by :)

Cheers

Bleiweis

Veteran
Hey there!

I also grew some Auto MxNL this year. They mostly took about 13-14 weeks to finish!

My experiences are as they follow.

The line seems to be more uniform than F3 ofcourse. I still managed to point on different phenos (in total i had 4 plants). None of them are really "sativa" or "ruderalis"...they are all on point of being a hybrid.

Bigbud pheno which grows about 150-180cm in height if given the chance. Buds are quite tight when growing although sativa presence is noticable when you dry them (they become a bit fluffy). Big big yielder! This is the one with the bottle. I think i had one more like this one but she started to mold heavily because she was a bit on the shady part of the garden. She had really tight buds which proved to be undesirable for my conditions. This pheno otherwise starts out as a "nep jam columnar" structure and then branches out. Branches will break if you don't support them.

Foxtail sexy pheno. Grows rather big (150-180cm) and produces very aromatic buds. They are not very big nor small...not very tight also. But when you dry them they don't loose their structure. This is my favourite pheno. Easy to grow, very managable as it drops a lot of leaves and creates space for a lot of airflow. I think this will be the most tasty pheno.

Airy pheno. Doesn't really branch into a sphere...tends to grow into a more vertical structure. Very sturdy- mine was attacked heavily with aphides but managed to flower just fine. She was in the "worst" part of the garden regarding the sun. Buds are big, very sativa like, rounded into a ball. Aromatic. Not the biggest yielder.

Bigbud pheno and Foxtail sexy pheno provided me with huge yields. These automatics can be classified as "super auto's" for sure. I can't express how surrprised i am.

Airy pheno photos
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
All these autos look beautiful, I have my first auto looking good, it was a freebe but it's nice size and smelling nice. I just am suspect of how strong the smoke will be, being only half WLD/NLD and the rest Rudi.
Is there somewhere on IC that has smoke tests? Have you guy's tried any of the smoke from these plants?

Dr.King

Veteran
All these autos look beautiful, I have my first auto looking good, it was a freebe but it's nice size and smelling nice. I just am suspect of how strong the smoke will be, being only half WLD/NLD and the rest Rudi.
Is there somewhere on IC that has smoke tests? Have you guy's tried any of the smoke from these plants?

I too wondered the same thing Randy. Didn't see many smoke reports comparing it to the actual Malawi itself. Then I just decided to take it upon myself and order/open a pack of 5 of them (get one freebie). I'll grow all 6 out in a 3 x 3 tent with a nice Cob system and see how she smokes. Good thing she only takes 13 weeks.

Very impressive Bleiweis :tiphat:.

RizlaMan

potency

potency

I ordered a 5 pack during the half price Black Friday sale in November. I have 2 seeds to two different people and kept 2 seeds. We dont compile evidence against ourselves as where we live we are not afforded the same liberty others here have.

With all that said. This stuff is potent. It is better than 'reggie' and as good as some 'kush' that goes around on the black market. It is not schwag nor is it ditchweed level potency. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy the harvest of your beautiful plants.

Ksaderfo

they look kinda dark?? They look kinda Dank too.. :D

I have a small smoke report:

In joints you cant really appreciate the flavor, which is just amazing... In the vaporizer its just amazing. It's minty, but sweet, and it has something fruity which is kinda like peach? but in cream or something? The indica-ish also has a strong hint of cocoa...

I can "verify" the two distinct phases in the high... Initially it just "gets to you" with an initial buzz, and then it gives another buzz in about 2 hours... Not a couch lock high.. not entirely energetic either. A lucid, trippy, happy kinda high...

YukonKronic

they look kinda dark?? They look kinda Dank too.. :D

I have a small smoke report:

In joints you cant really appreciate the flavor, which is just amazing... In the vaporizer its just amazing. It's minty, but sweet, and it has something fruity which is kinda like peach? but in cream or something? The indica-ish also has a strong hint of cocoa...

I can "verify" the two distinct phases in the high... Initially it just "gets to you" with an initial buzz, and then it gives another buzz in about 2 hours... Not a couch lock high.. not entirely energetic either. A lucid, trippy, happy kinda high...

Ya I keep getting out there in the evening... I’ll try to get daytime shots on weekend.... the wood stove brought humidity down to 50s and I put in fans.

Lost 3 buds to mould before I got those setup

Theorganicguy

Ya I keep getting out there in the evening... I’ll try to get daytime shots on weekend.... the wood stove brought humidity down to 50s and I put in fans.

Lost 3 buds to mould before I got those setup

Hey, Yukon

Would you mind showing us your setup? I happen to have the same problem and I've been thinking about using a stove as well.

Great plants, btw! They are going to yield quite a bit :)

YukonKronic

Hey, Yukon

Would you mind showing us your setup? I happen to have the same problem and I've been thinking about using a stove as well.

Great plants, btw! They are going to yield quite a bit :)

Yup I’ll get pics in next few days.. it’s basically a wood stove in corner of greenhouse and two oscillating fans on stands facing each other across the green house.

To drive moisture down I had to crank stove up and leave door open with fans on to evacuate wet air.

Buds are looking pretty damn good I have to say! I definitely have one or two ideas to improve environment next year but I’m already super excited to get an earlier start and seeing them stack flower through June and July when the suns out.

There’s two or three I think I can get decent harvest from this year and two I’m a little worried over and then the six foot something Malawi pheno is almost definitely not going to finish this year IMO.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Smoke
Thick, flavourful.

Taste
Sweet nice spicy-woody “turkish” body with honeylicious hazey overtones on inhale that get thicker, deliciously bold cinnamon on exhale.

Effect: Malawi-dominated density. Really good potency for heavy users. Introspective. Enhanced sight. Exciting. It owns you.

Pheno:
My plants were on the balanced side with respect to indica / sativa pheno leaning. Mid-sized Xmas-tree structure with huge, easy to see crystals (thichomes).

picture.php

Joke Ocher

Hi, all growers here!
Came here for a Auto Malawi x NL growing tips. So, I started to grow one plant of this auto strain. It is on her 10-11 day of life growing really fine (sorry, do not have any photos of plant), one thing is obvious she is very stretchy and some 6 inches tall already. I have pretty limited grow area (2x2x4). Question is should I top or fim her, or that will be too stressfull for auto or should I try less stress causing methods of training (for example tie down method) to restrict her height? Thanks in advance!

Koondense

Veteran
I have two of these outdoors and both are stretchy, so my advice would be 15-20l fabric pot and LST for maximizing the yield. Apply a net in your space, somewhere at 1foot above the soil surface and keep the branches leveled since the early flowering.

Best of luck

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for contributing to this thread with your 2 Auto Malawi x NLs Kijell :yes:

Glad you were pleased with their aromas during flowering.
Wish they had a good end and that they provided some nice smoke for summer time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice to see your guerrillas Auto Malawi x NL too, jay sus,

Autoflowering strains are a great choice for guerrilla in northern latitudes, for those growers who want to harvest something worth without the need to wait for the finish of the photodependant strains in fall. How did yours finish ?

another week and these are not stretching any or close to any, but gaining a lot of mass. and resins are begin to show in good amount. these were germinated at 3.week of may, and were transplanted in three weeks, three and half, and four weeks in coco, native soil is clay(former seabed). weather has been better for plants than for vacation for sure(~20C, but finally here´s getting hot weather for few weeks.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63613&pictureid=1961557&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63613&pictureid=1961556&thumb=1]View Image[/url]