What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show your autoflower pix

lowrdr

i have to say cannedabyss' spyder project is definitely 1 of the strains i really want to grow. they have extreme resin production and great colour. it really makes me wanna crack on with my own strain to try and create a potent vigourous auto :D

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
i have to say cannedabyss' spyder project is definitely 1 of the strains i really want to grow. they have extreme resin production and great colour. it really makes me wanna crack on with my own strain to try and create a potent vigourous auto :D

do it lowrdr there are about 10 guys on here working on there own crosses :D

lowrdr

do it lowrdr there are about 10 guys on here working on there own crosses :D

ive already got a mr nice (g13 x hashplant) cross planned. havent found any grow reports on them though so not sure what they are like. its supposedly the best g13 cross available so im hoping for a winner

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I also made 2 ak47xlr2 in 12/12 from seed - gave around 25g each ...
Ah one thing - I cut autoflowerings at 60 days - always , so I suppose i could get lil bit more if i wait extra 15 days - I treat them little bit like a shield for not smoking "noble" strains when theyre flowering :D.

Pots for Afs are always 11L i my grows.

There is a company that is selling an auto-flowering AK-47 cross, by the way. I think autoflowering plants have a huge potential for small scale amateur growers, and for outdoor planting too. From the DutchBreed website:

Seed to harvest: 10 weeks
THC level: Strong 15-20%
Yield per plant: 30 grams upto 50 (in ideal conditions)
Order number: #A1
Price: £30.00 GBP

Sold out back in stock around 5th September 2009

I think that with time more and more interesting crosses (hopefullly sativas) will become available.

whub

wassup stoners:joint:

my lowlife AK47 is coming on nice, i thought I'd share a snap. Shes at 8 weeks an lookin prety tastey so far.

i have been growing joint doctor's diesel ryder this time.i never seem to find the time to start a grow journal so ill share a couple of pics here. first up is a male in a folgers coffee container.
. followed by one of my lovely ladies that just started its flowering phase. shes a lil shy in her new yellow container

C

Ch@ppers

ive already got a mr nice (g13 x hashplant) cross planned. havent found any grow reports on them though so not sure what they are like. its supposedly the best g13 cross available so im hoping for a winner

Yeah Mr Nice G13/Hashplant is pretty sweet, I've already made an autoflowering version which a few guys (not on here) have grown out as a tester.

I keep meaning to do another Auto G13/Hashplant grow but as usual I'm up to my balls in other projects. Maybe I should start some soon.

Reports have been very positive but the smoke seems to be...addictive. Is that the word? The plants are very frosty and have a slight spicy aroma. The smoke can be quite heavy (definately medicinal) but people have reported "withdrawls" after smoking it for a few days!

Ch@ppers

C

Ch@ppers

I don't like the sound of G13/Hashplant withdrawls either but more than one tester reported it so it's not something you can ignore.

Just gonna drop you a pm...

And yeah, you can bet that almost any strain you can name, I've already started or nearly finished making an auto version! Auto G13/Hashplant was right up at the top of my list...I recall having a convo with S_a_H back on highbred or somewhere about it as he mentioned he was working on one. But no seeds were available so I set off to do my own. I feel more comfortable doing it myself because then I know they are as good as I can make them.

And I grow a hell of a lot of the F2 generation (and later) to ensure I get the very best breeders.

Ch@ppers

C

Ch@ppers

how many more pages of mossy jems are we going to have to see? the lowlife pics look like photos from lowlife itself. can we repost both theese twelve more times?

So I take care in the pictures I take and LowLife enjoys them enough to use them on their packaging, so sue me!

lowrdr

this is after all the picture thread so whats wrong with pictures! especially the JEMS as the colour variations are excellent!

Leviathan

Well maybe I'm lucky enough to get hold of autoflowering genetics before they get too stale, as I say, I've grown literally thousands of autos and I've seen freaks and I've accidentally stunted many plants but I've never seen one of these 2" tall "micro phenos" in person, I've only ever seen them posted on websites.

dkmonk, if only I had a £ for every time I've been asked to sum up my favourite autos...but considering how quickly they are evolving, makes sense to update the info every now and then.

Best Tasting Auto: I REALLY like Auto Classic Skunk and Auto Juicy Fruit (LowLife Seeds) however both are as yet unreleased. Of the available strains I'd have to go with Auto Lemon Skunk. Taste-wise it has everything. It's got musty lemons, it's got sweetness, it's got skunky...it's a really tasty strain.

picture.php

Best Auto Indica: Auto Hindu Kush. That's an easy answer! Auto Hindu Kush is brilliant, it's potent, tasty and the buds are rock solid and covered with resin. My only criticism would be of it's size but that's entirely down to the fact that it is an Indica. A good compromise is Auto AK47 x Auto Hindu Kush F1, it has the size and yield of the Auto AK47 with the bud structure of the Auto Hindu Kush.

j6qrux.jpg

Best Auto Sativa: Autoflowering Haze! But again, it's not commercially available. Of the ones that are...Auto AK47 is the best (mostly) sativa. They're tall, branchy, they are the best yielding of all the commercially available autos, they have a lovely, not too tight/not too loose bud structure and they smoke strong with spicy notes. Dieselryder is marketed as an auto sativa but I'm yet to see anything to convince me of that.

Most Potent Auto: I've always found that potency is objective. A strain that one person may find too strong, another will find too mild. Because of this, I don't hold potency too highly in importance and cannot accurately answer. One thing is for certain, the original Lowryder has dreadful potency. Everything since then has been a monumental improvement.

Biggest Yielding Auto: Ignoring the unavailable "Giant Autos" that I've been playing with which regularily yield upwards of 3oz per plant, again it has to be Auto AK47. Even inexperienced growers can expect up to 1oz per plant with experienced growers pushing 6oz or more. This is due to the way that the Auto AK47 continues to stretch after it shows sex and delays true bud formation a lot longer than other autos. (it's also the reason that I favour Auto AK47 in my breeding projects)

Best Mold Resistance: I don't believe there is any such thing. I've seen growers talk of "mold resistance" when the weather is bad yet the plant is still in a veg state, I don't think the concept has been completely grasped by the growing population yet. A vegging plant will not mold because mold starts in the buds. At the end of the day, if the weather is bad and your plants are in full bud, mold is never too far away!

Indicas, although generally earlier maturing than sativas, have tight, dense buds which trap moisture and restrict airflow. Indicas mold!

Sativas, although having far less tight and dense buds which allows much better airflow, generally mature a LOT later than Indicas. Usually when the weather is so poor that any cannabis strain will fall to mold.

That's one of the reasons that my recent breeding projects have all been based upon sativas. Autoflowering sativas will make growing high quality marijuana easier and more feasable all over the world.

My All-Round Favourite Auto: If the question was "what's the best all round auto" I would have said again that it's objective, it's what YOU look for in a plant. But as you asked my personal opinion...

Once again, excluding all the fantastic but as yet unavailable strains in development and only including the commercially available ones, I'd have to pick...Auto AK47 again.

picture.php

As yet it is unsurpassed. It is the best yielding, it has the best bud structure in that it's not too mold inducingly tight and it's not too wispy. It's potent, it's covered with resin glands and is an excellent hashmaker. It is less sensitive to having it's roots restricted (by small pots) than other strains and as such it's very hard to stunt. It's not too sensitive to nutrients (grows just fine with minimal feeding) and of all the autos commercially available, it's the only one I would consider to be even slightly mold resistant.

And she's REALLY pretty too!

Auto AK47 is the yardstick to which all other autos are measured. The genetics really are something special.

On the topic of quality genetics, I can't help but notice that in recent times, many new autoflowering seed companies have popped up and are quite obviously selling "knockoff" seeds.

If such a seedbank were to use Auto AK47 for example, to create a new autoflowering cross, then that is absolutely fine, it's admirable and it's what breeding is all about! But I've seen so many people growing these "new" strains and it's obvious to me that these new companies are simply inbreeding already established strains and re-selling them as their own.

For example, psaicho showed this pic of "Buddha Seeds - White Dwarf" back at post #85 of this very thread:

picture.php

Now, as I keep on saying, I've grown literally thousands of autos now. I may not keep particularily detailed records but I am extremely observant and have a good memory for the way a plant looks and smells.

I am 100% positive that "White Dwarf" is just a direct knockoff of LowLife Seeds (older version) of White Russian. I've grown enough of them to spot one a mile away! I've seen knockoff versions of Auto AK47 too as well as the original Lowryder and Lowryder#2 and all manner of F1 crosses.

As someone that has now dedicated more than a few years to creating new autoflowering strains, I find these methods cheap and tasteless. Buddha Seeds must be laughing their asses off at their gullible customers because they are buying these seeds for more than the original LowLife/Joint Doctor seeds are being sold for!

This practice is no different from you buying a pirate DVD, Rolex watch or a pair of Levi 501's...the stupid thing is that you're paying more for a knockoff item than you would for the real deal, see how stupid that sounds?

I hope that people who read this will trust my opinion and think next time before they buy. If you intend to invest in a pack of autoflowering seeds or two (and it is an investment!) and you go anywhere other than the Joint Doctor or LowLife Seeds, you're a moron! I ONLY deal with the very best autoflowering genetics and I won't go anywhere else...I don't want to pollute my genepool.

Ch@ppers

aside from people buying white dwarf and its really white russian i think for the most part 90 percent of the cannabis out there is the same thing with a differant name and that every seed bank or breeder is part of this in some way. every time i hear about some new strain with some exotic name i just think, wow, somebodys overpaying about 45 dollars for a few syllables.

petroliaa

By pollinating a lower branch or two on an auto .
Will it trigger a Female Auto towards finishing a more full life cycle= more & better meds .
As with Non- autoflower strains ?
Even though lightcycle plays no flowertrigger role ,lack of light signals THE END to most plant life. With this in mind has Anyone tried leaving them in the Dark for 72 hrs before the chop post
a decent flush ?

canned abyss1

Veteran
Spyder F6 around 54 days old. They still have 2 to 3 weeks to go. The smallest ones are about 20 inches tall and the largest one is about 32 inches tall, the rest fall somewhere in between.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts