What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paradise's Magic Bud

G

This is a Magic Bud lady on her way to 48 hrs of darkness before harvest. This strain deserves more attention, IMHO.

This is one of Paradise's lower priced strains (currently $36 @ www.seedbay.com)

I posted this on the Strainguide at Overgrow:

mastergrow said:
I grew Magic Bud both indoors and out, and found it to be easy to grow, tasty, potent, and quite stable. 100% germ rate and average clone ease.

Indoors it likes to grow squat and branchy. I grew 3' bushes, but it would be great for SCROG. It has a pretty prominent central bud, so I'd guess it would also do well in SOG. Fairly tight-noded with fat, rounded buds.

Outdoors, it gets 6-7 ft tall w/ Christmas tree form and long side branches. Needs plenty of sun and air movement. I planted one in what turned out to be sheltered, semi-shade location, and it got a little bud mold. Plants more in the open were OK. Would not recommend for moist, humid areas. Started seeds indoors in late March, put outside in early May, harvested in late September.

About 70% of my females were absolutely caked w/ resin...as much as any "white" strain. Smoke is spicy and tasty, but expands like crazy. Best enjoyed in a vaporizer or bubbler"

Peace. MG

Last edited:
G

Thank you NoS and gp, for the kind words.

I could do a smoke report now, as I have been smoking some outdoor MB that I harvested back in Sept. but I wanted to wait until I finished up this last indoor plant. Of course it must be thoroughly tested before a comprehensive smoke report can be given. :D

MG

G

I also await your smoke report, as those buds look delish. I apreciate your sharing.

G

Thanks Gtotoys...yep, beautiful and mature...just the way I like 'em :biglaugh:

Look for that smoke report around the first of the year NoS. I have actually grown and smoked indoor MB before, but it's nice to have the actual bud on hand for reference when doing a report. :yummy:

Good to see you here Smokey, I am thrilled to be able to REALLY share, now that I finally have a digicam. This is just the beginning. :D

MG

G

Here is a pic of a bud from the plant above... just before being vaporized.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
very healthy looking plant, and like many others I'm looking forward to hearing what happened when you vaporized that bud!!!

G

Hi Jim Rockford...thanks for dropping by! :wave:

Ahh yes...that bud kept two of us stoned for the entire evening! Magic Bud is a indica/sativa cross, but the buzz leans a little more to the body than the head. I've grown 4 plants outdoors, and 3 plants indoors, and all of them have been indica-like phenos. All have been heavy w/ trichs...that bud in the pic is pretty typical of the strain.

If you are big on "flavor" in weed like I am, you might be a little disappointed. None of my MB ladies have had a very prominent taste...just a very light floral or lemon-lime hash flavor...kinda reminds me of Pure Power Plant in that respect. It's a pleasant taste, just not very pronounced.

MB smokes pretty smooth, especially when cured for a couple months, but it does tend to "expand". It'll have you woofing your hit if you take too much...especially if you're smoking it in a joint. :yoinks:

I got 31g of manicured, dried bud from my latest indoor plant (the one pictured).
MG

Last edited:
G

Heh, i've been always wondering about Magic Bud..

"What makes it so magic" etc, never have seen anyone growing it before you :)

Waiting for the smoke report.. And bush looks good..

:)

G

Thanks v1ru5 :wave:

Yes, I had a hard time finding info on this strain before I first grew it. In fact, the only info I found was what Paradise provided. I still consider it to be a "flying under the radar" strain. I posted a report on the OG Strainguide recently ( http://www.overgrow.com/strainguide/Paradise_Seeds/Magic_Bud/2036/#g2036 ) , and am hoping to do the same here when the IC Strainguide is up and running.

I am currently working on a Magic Bud x Bogglegum cross I call "Magic Gum", and I am hoping to end up with a very powerful indica dom f1 with a sweet, exotic incense taste and aroma. :yummy: ... but, that will be another story and future report hopefully.

MG

Latest posts

Latest posts