What's new

Social ethnic economic disparity in US

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Employment, medical care workers and industry, school higher education, government law enforcement.

Old European thin tall bald men upstairs locked behind glass with more pay. Custodians and food servers wear hair nets and have a different appearance. African employees may staff a floor or building. However you do not [often] see an integration of all ethnicities or different people. Or physical size humans for that matter. This is not written in bold words anywhere but everyone can see if it is true that old white men have the highest paid jobs and something also about tall and being a boss. Women and everyone else have no say. There is something people do not talk about they are afraid of not being up to par or not having enough. If someone writes rules or postpones a raise in pay, any excuse, after a while the curtain is lifted no more hiding behind glass. This isn't equality. If anyone looks the idea of equal rights for all people is not presented or followed. That is not democracy and people arguing back and forth does not help. Administrators with more pay are outnumbered in absolute population there is no need to support them. Why work with or for someone who does not like you.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The country was young and its freedom was only held by war.
Almost unending war and the politics represented this.
Soldiers, commanders with physical courage, took up politics when retiring from war.
The Nation prospered well and beyond other nations. This was due to resource availability and industrial capacity compared to the other nations of the world.

WWII changed all that. Technology took over from physical courage and changed the command structure. The ability of technology to be developed by any size nation levelled the field to war being determined purely by industrial capacity directed by overweight whites. Developing nations of color still have military commanders taking the political power and basing their agenda on conflict of a physical nature.
The white leaders with no experience other than television movies about war are humored with large grins.
Indeed, all those brown countries with a gripe against America are rooting and donating to the present incompetent regime.
Big grins on their otherwise impassive faces. And behind them an industrial capacity second to none. Politics aside, USA is number two in actual gross national product. Information releases from the present administrations are lies.

Politics has never been about truth unless the truth is about everyone being tired and hating the way things are. The mood is that anything is better than what we have. The last forty years have destroyed all sense of community.
History says we will destroy our own society because of the hope for a better future.
History says that has never worked for the folks going to war, they never get repaid for their suffering and death.

But to war, poorly advised as it is, we will go. Followed by generations of hardship and diminished health.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
odd point, that. i've noticed that tall people often get much further than their talent would warrant. it is so obvious in Great Britain that Monty Python had skits about it, lol. here in the US? not so much, unless you are playing basketball...here we have to deal with rabid little fuckers dealing with their "small dog syndrome"...:biglaugh:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Why do historically white countries worry about trying to distribute power and wealth equally among their population, when non white countries don't, may be a fair question.
Older men, have had longer to develop their careers than younger men. It makes sense that the folks at the top of any company would be older. That's a very different thing than saying old men enjoy top paid jobs.
Height and IQ are genetically linked. It makes sense that smarter people progress through a company more effectively than others. Therefore it makes sense that those at the top, tend to be taller.
Intelligence answers most of the posed questions, if someone can't understand when to stop putting food in their mouth, how successful would any company they ran really be?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know about that. I've known quite a few tall people who were dumber than a bag of hammers.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh yes, only talking averages, there's no cut off points or guarantees.

h.h.

Veteran
odd point, that. i've noticed that tall people often get much further than their talent would warrant. it is so obvious in Great Britain that Monty Python had skits about it, lol. here in the US? not so much, unless you are playing basketball...here we have to deal with rabid little fuckers dealing with their "small dog syndrome"...:biglaugh:

Heroes of the top shelf.

“ Can you reach that for me?”

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

yes,but we also tend to die sooner than you "average" folks!:D

i'm guessing from the cumulative concussions that come from hitting your head constantly on shit built for little folks:biglaugh:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yes,but we also tend to die sooner than you "average" folks!:D

i'm guessing from the cumulative concussions that come from hitting your head constantly on shit built for little folks:biglaugh:

well, when you trip & fall, your head has more time to build up momentum as it speeds toward whatever it is gonna hit...:biglaugh:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Here I will give an example:

Next door one house over the previous family moved to Tahoe. The mother was a teacher and father worked for a company that makes construction brackets. The son went to be a missionary in Central or South America. I did not see either of them work she retired and they traveled back and forth before moving to Tahoe.

The shared fence between these two back yards had ivy holding it up. The previous family who moved to Tahoe hired people from Oregon to replace the fence and they moved it closer leaving the row of ivy on this side of the fence.

When the current family hears of the moved fence the father quickly decides to redo it with more space for their yard. He proceeds to pile up three pressure treated boards 2" x 12"s for a total of 3' or a one meter rise in elevation at the far corner shared with another neighbor's back yard.

During the fence reconstruction he used plywood boxes filled with concrete as fence posts. I made one such box and unscrewed it after the concrete set for another post. I explained to the guy fence posts are not a retaining wall and wood chips are not a structural material. He was not so interested in what I had to say since there is a one meter change in elevation held up with pressure treated boards and fence posts.

Next he wanted to hire himself as a contractor to work in this yard. Without much explanation necessary on my part it isn't hard to see that he wants to hire himself and be paid to work on his own house more or less practically speaking for all intents and purposes. Ask the closest person one house over if they will pay you your income as a professional. He piled a bunch of dirt up through or under the fence in an attempt to slow the fence from falling over. So now that side is blocked from sunlight and has chemical weed and feed fertilizer pesticide herbicide canine and poultry litter runoff from a higher elevation going into the soil on this side of the fence with a clear visible line where it is happening.

If this guy does not support immigration and wants to build a wall for himself his family or anyone else, first you would think knowing how to do so is a requirement. It doesn't matter whether either of us look like we may or may not be immigrants when either of us can easily be replaced technically speaking.

The mother from this family said to me that she graduated from the same high school meaning the son who moved to Central or South America from the previous family her and I all went to the same high school one year apart each. Although she says she was in the high school class one year following mine she also says her age is five years younger than that.

So the family does not believe in school. Their four children do not go outside or go to school. There are two grandparents two parents and four children in one house with chickens and dogs.

If the guy is asking for income for his family, as a professional contractor, from the person who lives next door, that is not a positive sign. People becoming upset when you grow cannabis, it looks like they are interfering with your own income and livelihood personally. Sometimes it feels like you can see someone's intentions by their split-second reactions and decisions. A referee would call it goaltending. Here in the yard or with the fence there is no referee teacher or moderator. What I mean to say is that if this guy and his family are upset because there is no work here, that is an incomplete or incorrect example to set. Don't ask the person living immediately adjacent to you for long term full time sustainable employment clearly you can see we are living in the same area. The slope of the land places what I think is their bedroom window with an elevated view of this back yard.

This being a cannabis cultivation site someone may say people here are biased. In this case I don't think it matters. On one side you could say build gates and pretty fences or add another story build more rooms in the same space. This guy may have wanted to repair or replace a shared retaining wall made of cinder blocks in front where his kids started installing pvc irrigation for three fruit trees he planted right up against the concrete wall. There are a few issues there. First he messed up the fence so he is not qualified to rebuild a retaining wall especially when they aren't going to school. Next I can make the case he would be trying to create income for himself. Replacing a wall holding soil and a crabgrass lawn so it doesn't spill on this driveway is not urgent. Whether it will give public perception of increased value is one thing. Working on things for money when they aren't necessary is another. Zero education or experience leaving your home isn't good preparation for life.

Continuing to plant vegetables as time goes on it is less important to be when or how I build gates for this back yard. The truth is airflow has advantages. I am not on a pathway to securing this perimeter with physical boundaries. It is relatively simple to add trellis nets around the edge to increase fence height and security cameras. But that is different from bars on the windows and a camera instead of a door bell.

Instead each moment can be utilized planting more cannabis vegetables or flowers. While I have not provided a comprehensive outline for like typical home owner association rubbish I've tried to give an idea or sense of comparing a sustainable organic lifestyle essential efficient with what else we might typically see.

TLDR how much do you want to bet Elon Musk does not care whether anyone has a green card but he does care if people know how to do geometry and physics? In other words real immigration policy not ignorance or prejudice or accepting bribes and arguing.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Suppose I am an immigrant and my next door neighbor isn't. We are all immigrants in fact this is kind of like ignore air resistance you see written sometimes. The riddle answers itself. Am I supposed to hire them because they are a citizen? Or am I supposed to hire someone else and support immigrants? The answer is the same there is no answer a citizen is the same as an immigrant. On the subject of immigration some might say no I don't want anyone invited because anyone is someone and I don't want to invite anyone so no. Then some others will say only allow this or that person and do not allow this or that person. If you say no I do not want to invite a certain income wealth class or education level or geographic area then you are kidding yourself. That is like cheating or soliciting for bribes and corruption. Many of us agree immigration should be for people who deserve a safe healthy life.

Consider history. Government and authority are one sided toward oppression. If civil rights activists have been murdered that means people who are against equality and civil rights are way more violent and unpredictable complete detrimental elements to any productive society. There is no correlate on the other side you see - no hundreds and thousands of Harriet Tubman and Henrietta Lacks statues in bronze and copper all throughout fifty states.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
GMT your response sounds ignorant no reason to post an opinion without support.

I thought that's what speakers corner was, peoples opinions. Isn't your statement that I sound ignorant, you posting yours without support? If you would like me to back up anything I post, then all you have to do is ask me to. But state what it is that you would like me to elaborate on, rather than merely asserting your opinion that mine is invalid.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
everyone can see if it is true that old white men have the highest paid jobs and something also about tall and being a boss.

tell that to mike bloomberg... 5'4'' on a good day
bill gates 5'9''
jeff bezos 5'7''
that's about 300billion in wealth

shall i go on???

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Ah reinforcing stereotypes and double standard not worth time. My neighbor is talking loud now at this moment in time as if saying hi to my keyboard or you.

h.h.

Veteran
In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar.”

CaptainDankness

I call bullshit, minorities are doing pretty good in America.

I know Thai immigrants that are millionaires they run a few Thai restaurants, best Thai food I've had too. I know Indian immigrants that own a little store and a few apartment buildings, millionaires... I worked for this little Greek immigrant, owned a pizza place if he wasn't a millionaire he was damn close.

Plenty of rich Muslims here too, sure the Jews are still killing it, but a million dollars is not out of the question for anyone who wants it bad enough.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... alla those groups mentioned above have 1 thing in common (besides working hard), they all have close family members working right along beside them, it'a a cooperative venture, family members working together as a unit for the mutual benefit of all. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts