What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ph balancer does anybody use it?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Received the ph balancer and solution today, AU$280 all up.

Got a Bluelab ph pen too, AU$100 postage included.

Bobby Boucher

HOW IT WORKS:
The perfectpH works by using ion exchange to regulate the concentration of certain ions in the Nutrient Solution. pH is a measurement of the concentration of hydrogen (H+) ions to hydroxyl (OH-) ions. By attracting and regulating the concentration/charges of these ions, the pH of the nutrient solution is regulated. This regulation acts similar to how plants are grown in soil, as the ion beads in the perfectpH give an outlet for these ions to avoid building up to an unhealthy concentration.

Its supposed to regulate positive ions. Seems to only work in the one direction, preventing soup from becoming overly alkaline, although the above statement might lead one to believe it would work both ways.

Pricey too, considering a bluelab ph doser only runs about 400.

Anyways, hope it works out for ya.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Well I got it working, it is keeping my ph at 6.4 in my mega bubbler DWC system, it should last 16 months between recharges and I have enough recharge solution to last several times.

Brother Nature

That's really cool Frosty, I'd be interested to try one out in my Res. Coupled with the blumats it'd would make irrigation maintenance a breeze. Let us know how it works out for you mate.

Keesje

Well I got it working, it is keeping my ph at 6.4 in my mega bubbler DWC system, it should last 16 months between recharges and I have enough recharge solution to last several times.

Hi, do you still use it?
Could you tell a bit about your experiences?

Godisatree

I purchased the Torus Hydro unit from the ad off facebook. They were out of the smaller unit and subbed in the 250Gal. unit for me. I only have about 12-15 gallons recirculating in my system. I placed the unit on a bypass from the supply line for my drip rings, recirculating back into the rez. With the full size sock of chemical, it pulled my PH way, way too low. I pulled the sock of chemicals out, put two zip ties in the middle and cut it in half. Then I reinstalled the sock in the little housing. Right now, if I keep the rez topped of with tap water, the PH hovers right around 5.6-6.5. I have my system set to 15 min on 15 min off for the watering cycle. I do enjoy not worrying about the PH when I purge the reservoir and refill with new nutes and water every Saturday. I'm very happy with the thing so far.