What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STARDAWG

T

TREE KING

???

As a hobby grower, yld. is not a priority, so I take notice when a plant is super easy to run and out-yields everything else.
I certainly don't have her dialed in. 1st run was in coco in a 3 gal. pot and I pulled 6 quality Z's, double what I pulled from the Tahoe & SFV cuts run along side. (as to be expected).
Plant pictured above is in soil, as I'm switching back to a more organic approach. I can tell she's missing the Rock Resinator she was sucking up 1st rd. but the fact is, she's super healthy and that makes me super happy. :)

Awesome you found something better in the Rez' chemdawg double d x chem d! :D

Again, fwiw, just my :2cents:, but I am swooning over Corey.

how much veg time to get those 6 oz?

T

TREE KING

im running the corey and i can attest that she yields very well. my first run with her i had half of a 4x4 bed of her and i hit 21.5 just on her with 10 plants. the other half was chem4. the corey yielded slightly more.

damn im not gonna lie that sounds good. how long did you veg? how was the high compared to the chem 4? i got some chem 4 s1's that I'm growing out right now. I'm just waiting to take clones so i can run my first crop. i guess these won't yield as much as the corey

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how much veg time to get those 6 oz?

She was vegged way too long, as I was running a variety of haze hybrids when I got her. She was topped @ least twice, and I finally had to construct a new flower space for her & the OG Kush's.
She was not pretty or trained for maximum potential and was dwarfed by the OG's, so I was quite happy with how she turned out.

:tiphat:

damn im not gonna lie that sounds good. how long did you veg? how was the high compared to the chem 4? i got some chem 4 s1's that I'm growing out right now. I'm just waiting to take clones so i can run my first crop. i guess these won't yield as much as the corey

they were 18 inches tall when flipped. which was way too tall as i had to have two screens. each screen had branches woven through them to keep heigth down. this was all in a sealed room.

T

TREE KING

they were 18 inches tall when flipped. which was way too tall as i had to have two screens. each screen had branches woven through them to keep heigth down. this was all in a sealed room.

wow only 2 oz from each plant when they we're flowered at 18"? thats not big at all in my opinion. its all good though everyone has a different opinion of what a big yield is. as long as your happy with your cut thats all that matters. nice talking to you guys

Highlighter- its hard to get a judge on it unless i know the exact amount of days. its all good though thanks for the response

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
maybe instead of weight per plant report in terms of grams per watt. many diferent plant counts can yeild approx the same under the same wattage when maximized to its potential.

T

TREE KING

maybe instead of weight per plant report in terms of grams per watt. many diferent plant counts can yeild approx the same under the same wattage when maximized to its potential.

thats the wrong way to do it cause anyone can veg there plants for 2 months and then get a big yield cause they have huge plants already. you have to include the veg time in your yield numbers. i do my calculations in a 60 day time frame. for example i don't veg so if i have a 60 day strain and get a 1000 grams from a 1000 watt light than thats a gram per watt. but if i gave those same plants a month veg and got 1000 grams than in my eyes its only .666 of a gram per watt. got me?

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
thats the wrong way to do it cause anyone can veg there plants for 2 months and then get a big yield cause they have huge plants already. you have to include the veg time in your yield numbers. i do my calculations in a 60 day time frame. for example i don't veg so if i have a 60 day strain and get a 1000 grams from a 1000 watt light than thats a gram per watt. but if i gave those same plants a month veg and got 1000 grams than in my eyes its only .666 of a gram per watt. got me?

Well thats not very logical now is it.

Whatevers going to get you the highest yield shoukd be what matters right?

Less plants more veg, or more plants less veg whatever works, works....

T

TREE KING

Well thats not very logical now is it.

Whatevers going to get you the highest yield shoukd be what matters right?

Less plants more veg, or more plants less veg whatever works, works....

of course its logical cause that electricity and space thats being used for veg could be used to flower more plants. if i veg for 2 months and it takes me 4 plus months to run a crop and i get a gram per watt is that a big yield? hell no i could of ran 2 crops in that time

T

TREE KING

A t5 sucks that much energy?

You could get optimal results by figuring out your plants.

i was just using that as an example different people use different size lights to veg. you gotta add whatever size light when your doing the calculation. i was using a 1000 watt light as an example

whatever energy the light is could be used to flower another crop thats the point. your also wasting time and space

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Dont you have a separate veg and flower room?

Trust me dude... finding the optimal veg time is worth it. Also theres optimal types of training that could be done. The possibilities are endless.

Finding the balance between costs, and the things im talking about are going to get you the most bang for your buck.

T

TREE KING

i hear you I'm not making a judgement on other peoples style of growing. I'm just saying you have to take everything into account when determining yield. if you veg any cut for enough time it'l yield big. if you veg bubba kush for 3 months youl prob get a gram per watt plus. but is bubba kush a huge yielding strain? no. thats my main point

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
i hear you I'm not making a judgement on other peoples style of growing. I'm just saying you have to take everything into account when determining yield. if you veg any cut for enough time it'l yield big. if you veg bubba kush for 3 months youl prob get a gram per watt plus. but is bubba kush a huge yielding strain? no. thats my main point

I dont think youll get 1 gpw with bubba with 3 months of veg time. I think youre missing the point of "optimal".

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
im running the corey and i can attest that she yields very well. my first run with her i had half of a 4x4 bed of her and i hit 21.5 just on her with 10 plants. the other half was chem4. the corey yielded slightly more.

the stardawgs put out.. ive got the kk and the iluminati side by side and easily hit 20 oz per 5 plants with 4 weeks veg. I love the stardawgs. great strain imo..

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Hows the illuminati cut compared to the corey haim?

Illuminati has some killer bag appeal. Corey has killer everything else and some nice bag appeal. In terms of smoking I thought the illuminati was slightly better than the 4. The Corey smokes much better imho

cripple_creek

This makes me excited to see what my napalm og x stardawg Saturn's into clones rooting now couple weeks away from flower and will be going outside as well

Latest posts

Latest posts