What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Return of Skunk

DrJay2001

now at peace
So these SAM's and Devastator have been in 12/12 just 2-3 days. I swear they grew 2-3" just in the last day. They seem to love the 430 hortilux.

The wide afghani looking plants in the background are the Skunk/Afghani and the tall girls in the front are TRC's Devastator. Both already smell.

Flowers any day now :)

Yours,
Dr. Jay

798Skunks2-med.jpg

G

Looking good. Shoot my NYCD shot up three feet in a few weeks. Never seen a plant grow that much in 12/12. Keep us posted on those seeds. I'll like to know when you pollenate them, because i'm working on some crosses myself and would like to know the best time to pollenate. Keep up the great work.
later

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
very nice doc ~

have you worked with afghan before? yummy stuff and nice for severe generalized body pain.

those babies will be tastee
enjoy ~ zep

DrJay2001

now at peace
Thanks Zepplindood. Have I worked with Afghani before? Well, not really. Our Train Wreck has a strong bit of Afghani in it as does an old cross we had of Salmon Creek Big Bud.

Most folks know I prefer to play with Sativa's but the Indica's promise better relief for the generalized muscle pain and spasm I have. That's why a Skunk/Afghani seemed to be a good idea.

As to their requirements for ferts and such, I don't know. I'm now hitting the SAM and Devastator with about 600-800 ppm of Tiger Bloom.

Updated pics (flowers?) soon :)

Yours,
Dr. Jay

ograskal

Veteran
Damn DrJay, you sure do have some Healthy lookin young ladies there! You definately have a GreenThumb thats for sure! I wish i had some Skunks growin right now. I really cant complain though because i have a few really good strains going right now. Keep up the good work! Peace!

DrJay2001

now at peace
Ditto to you OG. I've seen those bud pics of yours. Spectacular.

Oh, what isn't big enough yet (but I hope soon will be) are a couple of crosses we got via an OG Angel. One is a Sensi Star x Apollo. This one is very Sativish and slow. The other is the LSD#4 which is growing like an Indica cabbage.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

G

so hows that.......

so hows that.......

.......cabbage doin DrJay, bet ya have um tuned in.

lookin forward to some pics bro:D dang its near been three weeks, bet there nice. done smoked the last of um over the weekend. keep an eye out for that watermelon/strawberry pheno.........wouldnt mind a cut of it back this way:D did you happen to take any cuts from the SOS?

pleasure
CBF

Last edited:

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hi TR! The skunks are still here, it's the gallery that vanished along with my ability to upload. I think Skip fixed that so here goes....

The top pic is a very Afghani looking Skunk/Afghani while the bottom pic is Devastator (Skunk/Garlic bud). They are beautiful plants now about 4 weeks in flower. These girls are going long (8-9 weeks of flower).

Yours,
Dr. jay

798Skunk-Afghani-med.jpg

798Devastator3-med.jpg

G

Very nice looking plants. I think you'll be happy with the both of them. How's the smell now, do they smell up the room yet?
Good Job

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
my skunk history

my skunk history

in around 1980 friends of mine got skunk clones from the states. it was the real deal super stinky- one time my friends dad freaked out at him for smoking in the house, and wouldnt believe he hadnt.

it was cloned for 24 years. after about 10-15, the smell and vigour got lost.

now it is a weak strain(growth) but still produces excellent smoke, albiet no where near as stinky.

DrJay2001

now at peace
Here's our two pheno's of Devastator (both look rather Sativish) and one pic of our Skunk/Afghani Sativa pheno. These girls are putting on some resin now and probably have 3-4 weeks to go.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

798Devastator7-med.jpg

798Devastator8-med.jpg

798Sativa_Skunk-med.jpg

PALM

Just great Dr. Jay!! Loving all your grow threads....keep up the good work and enjoy the fruits of your labor my man!! Have a safe and happy move up North:D

Sour Cheers!

Hippo

Hi Dr Jay,
Nice plants :)
Im growing these atm too, im sure Lonestar wrote on the pack he sent me "Devastation", or maybe i just forget, or he changed the name of em or something :confused: lol who cares anyway
I have 2 pheno's out of 4 plants and u are not wrong when u say they smell a fair bit in veg :) , only 1 of the 2 pheno's mind.
The very sativa looking plants dont really smell in veg, these ones have long slender, quite light green leaves and are very sensitive, even the slightest over fert and the leaves are burnt. They like to drink a fair bit more liquid than the other pheno's of the sam age and pot size, mostly plain water or 1/2 strength ferts with this pheno.
The more indica looking pheno's are fine specimins, (of the 4 seeds i germed, got 1 male and 3 fems) i have 2 of these types, they grew very vigorous and hardy, have dark leaves and take all the ferts i give em which is atm full bottle stregth BIO_BIZZ's Bio-grow. They really stink a fair bit for vegging plants, quite a skunky odour, even the clones i have in a propagator stink a bit when i take off the lid :).
Am really looking forward to trying this strain, I saw some pics that REZ grew of it and it looked great.
I will be also looking forward to see more of wat u have to say on this strain too Dr Jay :D and the pics of course...
I'll try to get some of my pics up next week too.
The Devastator have just gone into 12/12 this week, ive actually had this strain for a good while now, maybe 12 months ??? but only recently got space to give em a shot, looks like i won't be disapointed, not been sofar with other TRC offerings i tried :)

Good Job Dr Jay ... as always ;) .

Later, Hippo

DrJay2001

now at peace
Wow Hippo! We have nearly identical results. You may be right about the strain being "Devastation" versus "Devastator". Maybe I should just call it Garlic Skunk.

I have the same two D phenos. The Sativaish one is fert sensitive and you can see small fert burns on the top pic.

The "Indica" pheno is dark green, more smelly, and loves ferts. Anybody know what the flower time is on these girls? Stone?

Yours,
Dr. jay

Hippo

Not sure bout the flower times tbh, im just gonna play it by the watching the pistils n trichomes.
Dunno bout the stone/high either, i just hope it lives up to its name, hehe.

Later mate, Hippo

Hippo

Jay mate, one thing i did notice with this strain is that it quite a hard strain to clone.
I took a batch of clones from some plants i had about 4 -5 days ago, the strains were Dutch passion's White widow, Nirvana NL#5 x Bigbud and ofcourse these Deva's, just the indica types.
Thre ww and the NL x are cloning as normal, 3 days in and they have the white calous type growth where roots pop from, however these Deva's dont seem to be doing nothing, well maybe cept for the stem where its supposed to root is looking bruised (like a fruit bruise).
Its early days yet but im guessing this strain is gonna be a bitch to clone from.
I hope u have better luck cloning em than im having so far
Later mate

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hmmmm.... Our Deva's cloned like a dream. It's a good thing too since I just collected pollen from our outdoor D and it's too late (I think) in flowering to knock these girls up. Their sisters, though, were cloned about 5 weeks ago and are now starting flower so they'll be the lucky recipients.

Of our four Devastators one developed root problems and is busy croaking. Two of the remaining three are the "Sativa" pheno and one is the Indica. One of the three threw some bananas which were quickly eliminated. It was not a full on hermie attack but the strain seems to have a tad more than usual of hermie tendencies.

The Afgani/Skunks produced three girls, one of which is the Afghani pheno and the other two have popcorn buds and a typical Sativa Skunk cola. One of the two "Sativa" pheno also showed some balls which were promptly removed.

The Devastator (Devastation) is putting on more resin than the Skunk/Afghani but you don't know until the fat lady sings :)

Yours,
Dr. Jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
Just a quick pic of one of the last Devasators. The smell is garlic and the resin is quite thick.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

798Devastator11-med.jpg

Hippo

Hi Dr Jay.
They are looking real nice, quite a good frosting to em too :D

It seem i spoke too soon when sexing these 3 i have growing.
U know when male pre-flowers form, they can sometimes look like female pre-flowers without the pistils cant they? well anyway i mistook a male preflower for an early female one, then i didnt bother to check em again till last night after they had been on 12/12 for a few days, but it turns out that the really sativa type i have is male. Which is kinda sad cos its turning into a monster :) , id estimate theres about a 1/3 more plant there than the other 2 of the indica pheno , they are identical almost.
So i have 2 definate females of the indica type and 1 male sativa. I think i should atleast get some pollen from this male cos its really nice big sativa plant, a bit hit and miss as far as making seeds is concerned but u never know wat u might get.

The clones i took have now started rooting, seems they just took an extra few days more than the other strains i did at the same time to really start rooting, they still look good though even though they are taking longer, not a yellow leaf in sight yet :).
Later mate.
Hippo

Latest posts

Latest posts